• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Issue posting pics

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's sometimes frustrating, and it forces more single posts - here goes:

On my phone, Firefox mobile browser, I cannot post any pics at all without going into the browser menu and forcing it to choose "Desktop Site".

After doing so, 90% of the time, I still cannot post more than one pic at a time, and I most definitely cannot post a pic at all if I have started typing - meaning I have to post the Pic, and add any text after the fact, for it to allow the pic.

If I have forgotten my "proper steps" for the process, I am quickly reminded hitting the "add Pic" button simply acts like a reset, keeping my text in the reply box, but doing a quick "blink" and not giving me the option to select a pic file.

This has been going on for a while, but like I said, it's not the worst thing I've dealt with in life. If it's happening to others though, I can see them possibly giving up, or just not posting.

Desktop works perfectly fine, this is just on my mobile. Dunno if it's tablet related, as I don't use one, although I may try the wife's tablet to see if it's limited to the Firefox mobile browser.

Anyone else, or any suggestions?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you try to log out and log back in??? I just posted a pic with no issues using my phone.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you try to log out and log back in??? I just posted a pic with no issues using my phone.
Yeah, I've reset accounts for some stuff that forced a log in, but no changes.

It's been like this for quite a while, but I never bothered posting about it because it's not a big deal other than that I have a lot of single posts for this reason, and once in a while it's a PITA and stops that post in its tracks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll see if I can figure out how to screencap the process and what it looks like, as I can recreate it at will, and I'm forced to use my phone when at the lake house without internet to run a laptop/desktop

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To post the pic above, the vid shows what happens when initially trying to post it, and the workaround. The additional issue of no multiple pics is an on/off issue, but the force to choose the Desktop site is a constant.

The "oops, an error has occurred" happens when entering text before attachment of the pic, and to "reset" it requires a refresh of the page, and sometimes a shutdown of the browser or a page refresh to reset the process to allow pics

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just use the attach files at the bottom when posting a pic. Have you tried that?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t have issues posting pics, I use the attach files tab.

My issue(s) are with typing, weird random auto correct things with both my iPad and Iphone Gen III SE. The autocorrect issue with both devices, on my iphone if I try to use the hard return to space down a couple of times to start a new paragraph the cursor will jump back up into the middle of the previous paragraph, the other thing that happens is when tapping twice after a word to start a new sentence and drop a period at the end of the last word, the last letter will get deleted, lastly random capitalization occurs. I figured it was an issue of apple products not playing well with this site, a few other iPad owners have reported similar difficulties to me. Small and slightly frustrating things, but well worth the frustration for the amount of enjoyment I get from this site.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think I can speak for a majority of the members here when I say this...If @drewkaree is having trouble posting pictures, we need to DROP anything else we're working on, and get this man some technical support. He's providing a critical service that should run as smooth as a well lubricated...well, let's just say when he's trying to post pictures, he should be able to get in and out without any...well, you get my point.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just use the attach files at the bottom when posting a pic. Have you tried that?
View attachment 210639

I have no issues using the same approach (with chrome), but tbh I also use the attach approach exclusively. The end result is identical.
I originally did that when joining, but it didn't insert them inline, it had them in boxes at the bottom of the post, and what I would describe as icons. I'll give it a shot, if for no reason other than to get a screenshot.

I dunno how it would show up for others, maybe it's perfectly fine and as expected, and this is just how my phone deals with it. In the grand scheme of things, this really is a nothingburger, as I have a workaround, or I just wait to use my laptop. This just arises periodically when posting a lot of pics at once, and I finally remembered to ask about it.

I think I can speak for a majority of the members here when I say this...If @drewkaree is having trouble posting pictures, we need to DROP anything else we're working on, and get this man some technical support. He's providing a critical service that should run as smooth as a well lubricated...well, let's just say when he's trying to post pictures, he should be able to get in and out without any...well, you get my point.
Stop blowing smoke, we know you just want those cheesecake shots! 🤣🤣😉

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I originally did that when joining, but it didn't insert them inline, it had them in boxes at the bottom of the post, and what I would describe as icons. I'll give it a shot, if for no reason other than to get a screenshot.

I dunno how it would show up for others, maybe it's perfectly fine and as expected, and this is just how my phone deals with it. In the grand scheme of things, this really is a nothingburger, as I have a workaround, or I just wait to use my laptop. This just arises periodically when posting a lot of pics at once, and I finally remembered to ask about it.

Stop blowing smoke, we know you just want those cheesecake shots! 🤣🤣😉
You need to choose “full size” before posting the pic otherwise it’ll be a little pic

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So this is how the #14 "Test" post displays using the attach files button, and no option to have it inline, to add text afterwards. Using the "desktop site" method, and the arrow keys

Screenshot_20231022-130844.png

allows me to insert an image inline, and continue adding text to a post, as demonstrated here.

Is my phone possibly the culprit, or the software when displaying forums, or maybe a combination of both? I know that I've seen options for things that are optimized for tablets, but that seems to be for the screen size parameters, and not really any posting differences

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You need to choose “full size” before posting the pic otherwise it’ll be a little pic
That option only shows up on the desktop. On my phone, it opens up an upload screen, and it's not even an option for me to select. If I hadn't seen that before, I would truly think you were pranking me, As that's not shown 😄

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_0881.jpeg
this is using my phone and the attach files which lets me select from my photos.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this is using my phone and the attach files which lets me select from my photos.
To show how that option is made visible to me, I'll have to show video, as it requires me to choose "edit" on the post in question, but still not inline on my end.

That was a new find for me, just now, but still a cludge, starting to think this is phone related

Not sure if this will be easy to follow - attaching opens up a new tab, and as you'll see, it really doesn't show that the pic is added until I post, and the thumbnail or full image option doesn't display unless I go to edit the post, and still not inline, if I wanted to add text afterwards.

Last edited: