• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Lake Shelbyville Illinois Gathering, July 26th to July 30th 2017

R00st

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
10-4. Thanks!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@MutherTucker where is Opossum Creek Campground in relation to Lithia Springs? It still seems that reservations aren't being accepted at Lithia Springs, due to construction.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/lithia-springs/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73254

The site is recommending Opossum Creek. Or, should I just wait till later in the season? Our kids are little, so I doubt we'll participate too much in the late night activities, but I don't want to be too far away. :)

Thanks!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 look at Robin Hood woods, they are mostly seasonal sites but they do have campsites available for rent for a weekend. This is going to be our potential home for the summer. We will find out March 25th.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like I found this answer. http://www.lakeshelbyville.com/images/maps/lakemap.jpg

It's about as close or closer than any other option. How far does that take to drive? It's the other side of the lake, from Lithia Springs. This map makes it look like I would be going back through town to get around the end of the lake.
It's pretty far from everything as you would need to drive around the lake and farm land to get to town. Here's a link from my website to other local accommodations in the area. http://www.spruceststudios.com/lake-shelbyville-illinois-area-accommodations-hotels-motels-bed-breakfasts-cabins-lodging/

Also, you may check here too https://www.vrbo.com/

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I watched the clock turn 8:00 waiting to dial, and someone beat me to it! You guys are on it this morning.
You guys are coming!?!?!? wahoooo! So glad! Get ready to surf ;)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You bet we'll be there! We're going to stay an extra day this year too. Wednesday-Sunday. :D

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL

Booked Wed thru Sun at Robin Hood Woods campground - https://www.robinhoodwoods.com/
And reserved slip for Thursday and Friday night. Will go straight to trailer at end of day Sat for Sunday departure.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's awesome, we will meet again
Can't wait to see your new ride, too! I keep looking to see if you've updated your profile and signature. Lol

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're looking forward to seeing you guys too. Especially hearing about your new place in IL!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Nice, We will defiantly have to have our own party over at the camp ground since we will be away from everyone else.
With 50 boats i don't think you could go anywhere on or off water and NOT find a party!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We may make the trek up this year. If not with the fam I may still come solo. Are most of the camps where everyone is staying already booked up?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We may make the trek up this year. If not with the fam I may still come solo. Are most of the camps where everyone is staying already booked up?
If looking for a campground, the place I booked made no mention of it being full. (Though, I didn't really ask.)

I did talk to the lady at the marina about the Lithia Springs campground. She made it sound like it'll be closed most of the summer. They're doing major sewer, bath house and other upgrades this year.

Also, Robin Hood Woods is a commercial campground rather than state park, so it has a few more amenities. (Game room, playground, pool, etc for the kids in case we need downtime during our infants naps)

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope someone is bringing a drone along to get some overheads of the raft-ups. This is going to be a crazy but awesome event this year.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I hope someone is bringing a drone along to get some overheads of the raft-ups. This is going to be a crazy but awesome event this year.
I believe there was permitting issues discussed at one point for it. It may need to be a mission impossible style flight.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep,

No drones, We asked and the Corp of engineers shut it down.