• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Lake Shelbyville Illinois Gathering, July 26th to July 30th 2017

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Where does everyone recommend launching from and how early do you recommend launching to get a parking spot? We are considering staying north of Shelbyville. Also how is the lake is there any spots to avoid (shallow/stumps/ect...)?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Most of us launch at Lithia Springs and then have a slip reserved for the weekend. There is usually plenty of parking since most of us bring our trailers back to the cabins.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes launching at Lithia is no problem. Plenty of truck/trailer parking. I have usually launched around 10 am there and have rarely had to wait for another person launching. It's a huge lake with many big launches. Not like up here in southern Wisconsin, where there's very limited access to most lakes. Main lake is pretty clear of any obstacles. Back in some of the coves there will be submerged trees, but it's pretty much all no wake off the main lake so it's not too much to worry about. I had a slip last year, but found that for me launching every time is just as easy. I can have the boat loaded up back at the cabin then launched and be on my way in about the same amount of time as it takes me to lug all the gear down to the slip and uncover the boat. Same goes for pulling out at the end of the day. The rest of my crew doesn't even get out of the boat until we're back at the cabin. Lithia resort is that close to the launch.

Oh yeah, trailering also affords me the opportunity to run into the 'Ville and get gas if I need it, saving a few bucks vs filling up at the marina.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I do the same thing as @RiverRat . You don't have to slip the boat. The ramp is very nice.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I once had aspirations to beat @buckbuck to the launch.... I think he's on the water shortly after some of us shut down The Circle for the night...:dead:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I once had aspirations to beat @buckbuck to the launch.... I think he's on the water shortly after some of us shut down The Circle for the night...:dead:
Lol i have showed up at 3 am before, driven through the night, drove through lithia resorts, and then launched before 4. Post stroke me kinda says that's dumb. I need a lot more sleep now!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL what's the time frame for posting the registration, schedule, shirt info, etc? There's a big dinner for the group, but are all other meals on our own... or group potlucks on the water? Starting to think about what we should bring.

Thanks!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 I believe the big dinner is being held on Friday this year, so that night is covered. There's usually a big group that goes out to the local Mexican joint one of the nights. They close the entire restaurant and serve just the jetboaters.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Like @RiverRat said.....meals at night usually have large groups going into town, meals on the water are what you bring.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My only problem is trying to figure out how to get back to my camper after the circle..... :confused::confused: :hurting::hurting::hurting:

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm so looking foward to this !!!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If I see you wandering while on the way to the ramp with my family I will deliver you to @jcyamahariders wife .
Actually Jim, it would probably be the other way around. Angie would be wondering and I would be at the camper. LOL

Nickp98

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Is it too late to register for this? Might be a possibility that my family and I can make it. Still up in the air... Might have to stay pretty far away is what it looks like as of now...

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it too late to register for this? Might be a possibility that my family and I can make it. Still up in the air... Might have to stay pretty far away is what it looks like as of now...
Not trying to speak for anyone else, but I would say no. Just make sure @OperationROL knows you're thinking about it. The more the merrier.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's never too late! You may even be lucky enough to score a place nearby with some of the changes that have come up recently. Welcome to the party!

Top Bottom