• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Lake Shelbyville Illinois Gathering, July 26th to July 30th 2017

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Is it too late to register for this? Might be a possibility that my family and I can make it. Still up in the air... Might have to stay pretty far away is what it looks like as of now...
And I have a room at Lithia that I don't need! You're welcome to it.
It's one of the motel rooms, two beds. It's yours if you'd like.
PM me for details.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Nickp98 - I added you to the list of confirms and am sending you all the info with the others in a few minutes.

yam230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it too late to register for this? Might be a possibility that my family and I can make it. Still up in the air... Might have to stay pretty far away is what it looks like as of now...
we are staying at a place called "Our old house" the house sleeps 8, but we were told you can have tents on the property. just an fyi for you. thank you! :)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well as many of you know a few of us set out last year to Exuma and joined everyone in Bimini last year on the return. Well the Exuma crew is back at it again and @Andy S @1948Isaac @Ramblin Wreck and I will depart for Abaco Bahamas in the morning. This will be a 400+ mile round trip with a total of probably 600 miles done on the boats and the skis during this trip. We will be taking 2 skis and two boats. Feel free to track us along the way the below link should be live and moving around 6am.

https://share.garmin.com/Abacos2017

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we made it back in one peice and had a great time in Abaco here is a video from the trip. Still hoping I can pull Shelbyville off but it will be a last second call for me. Did anything open up on site or is it still all booked?

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have one hotel room that I'm not using. You're welcome to it. It is two double beds and I think refrigerator, your basic motel room.

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Tad Steinberg , is your dad still planning on getting in on " the old guys ski together?"
Yes he is. He's looking forward to it. We'll have to do it early(ish) Saturday as they are leaving Saturday evening this year.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What is the age limit on old guy water skiing?
Well you see - it's a very complex formula integrating integers and differential equations that takes into consideration boat length impeller ratio and boat draft.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the age limit on old guy water skiing?
Not sure an age was actually set. Know for sure we wanted to get Tad and his dad up together. I think Impelled and myself also. I think there was one other for sure but cannot remember who it was. I do not think age matters if anyone wants to join in. Will probably do doubles and triples.

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No age limit. I thought we wanted to get the 3 most senior folks up on skis together.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SCP1 - How's it looking? Do you think you and crew will make it to the Gathering?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL
Tom Barton and family (10 people) are joining the gathering. They are renting a house near Lithia. I will try to get them to respond to this thread.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL
Tom Barton and family (10 people) are joining the gathering. They are renting a house near Lithia. I will try to get them to respond to this thread.
Jim, i have been in communications with them. Thx for looking out.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Why is this thread not shutting down the internet?! It's close people!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My boat projects aren't even done! I MAY try to get the seadek down but this weekend i am going down to Lake Monroe hopefully for my first run of the boat! I still gotta pull out of garage, clean it up, put tower on, string wires for speakers, oil change spark plug change, test on water, see if depth finder works, grease grease grease and make a box of tools for going away for first time on water this year

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First person to answer this will win something nice at the Gathering.................
What do the following numbers mean?