• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Lake Shelbyville Illinois Gathering, July 26th to July 30th 2017

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thinking about companies coming this year, can someone give me advice where to stay? Thanks.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@SCP1 if I'm not mistaken, it sounds like there might be one or two motel rooms at Lithia available after @trace and @jcyamaharider canceled there reservations since they now have more permanent accommodations in the area. If you can snag one up, I recommend staying there.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SCP1 if I'm not mistaken, it sounds like there might be one or two motel rooms at Lithia available after @trace and @jcyamaharider canceled there reservations since they now have more permanent accommodations in the area. If you can snag one up, I recommend staying there.
The only room left as of Thursday was Motel #6 which has 2 double beds, a bathroom and a mini fridge. Normally it has access to a kitchen but they rented it exclusively to the tenants in Rm 5.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SCP1 and everyone still looking for a room. I just spoke to Mary (owner of Gregory's right next door to Lithia Resort). She says she still has 4 double rooms left.

http://gregorysresortmotel.com/

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well I was hoping we could make the event this year but unfortunately it falls on the annual family reunion we have at Panama City Beach. Wished I could make the trip but maybe next year!

R00st

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone ever bring jet skis to the gathering? I only ask because I am in the market for a cheap ski. I am interested in something to mess around on, so considering the Seadoo Spark/Trixx. Just thought it would be cool to talk to some owners to get ideas on what would be a good fit. Being that in the last year I have purchased our sx240 and a polaris rzr, im not looking to drop a ton of coin.

p.s., if my fiance asks, this conversation never happened.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I did last year....it sat most of the time.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@OperationROL
Last year we talked Stereo's and I thought I would take a few picture of what I've done thus far (More to come).

I'll probably do an entire write up when I have a bit more time. But for now here it is.
I did it on a budget, the entire setup I have less than $700 in the entire system.
1 JL audio 4 channel running 8 of the Polk speakers all 4 are at 2 ohm all running stereo
2 Powerbass UTV/Marine micro amps - 600W Class D monoblocks
2 Orion XTR Pro 12's Both dual 2ohm voice coils running at 1 ohm mono load and the amps love it. Both subs are in boxes. One is pretty custom, the other is a ported car box - see pictures.
Have one more amp to add to the mix this year. It's another powerbass 5 channel - will add a few more mids and highs throughout the boat, and likely another sub - maybe next year...

Ran 4 ga power and ground from the battery to distribution blocks - power is fused at the batteries (each side).
3 house batteries and 1 start - two on the port and two on the starboard side to balance the boat. (had all 4 on one side and it had a little list...)
Installed a battery tender in the engine compartment to plug in when in the workshop (boats home)
I also have Wi-Fi (air play) wireless music streaming.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL
Last year we talked Stereo's and I thought I would take a few picture of what I've done thus far (More to come).

I'll probably do an entire write up when I have a bit more time. But for now here it is.
I did it on a budget, the entire setup I have less than $700 in the entire system.
1 JL audio 4 channel running 8 of the Polk speakers all 4 are at 2 ohm all running stereo
2 Powerbass UTV/Marine micro amps - 600W Class D monoblocks
2 Orion XTR Pro 12's Both dual 2ohm voice coils running at 1 ohm mono load and the amps love it. Both subs are in boxes. One is pretty custom, the other is a ported car box - see pictures.
Have one more amp to add to the mix this year. It's another powerbass 5 channel - will add a few more mids and highs throughout the boat, and likely another sub - maybe next year...

Ran 4 ga power and ground from the battery to distribution blocks - power is fused at the batteries (each side).
3 house batteries and 1 start - two on the port and two on the starboard side to balance the boat. (had all 4 on one side and it had a little list...)
Installed a battery tender in the engine compartment to plug in when in the workshop (boats home)
I also have Wi-Fi (air play) wireless music streaming.

Very Nice Tad. I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Can't wait to hear it!

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
27 - @Tad Steinberg - Thu - Sun - Duck Cabin & Lithia Motel #3
Have a slight change of plans for this weekend in July - I won't need the Motel room #3 this year. Mom and Dad are only staying one night and will be staying in Shelbyville.

Anyone interested in a two bedroom "Suite" at Lithia, let me know. (we still need the cabin!)

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I called too early to rent my slip at Lithia this year then completley forgot about it. Just got off the phone with them and booked on E dock. She said they still have a few spots left.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just letting everyone interested know. I'm going to bring a bottle or two of burbon made by my brother-in-law's family. Either the 100% sweet corn burbon or the single barrel burbon. Or maybe one of each.
It's made from locally grown grain, field to bottle. You'll all love this stuff believe me.
http://old55distillery.com/

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's a lot of money right there.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a lot of money right there.
You can say that again. I don't know exact numbers but I was told it was 7 figures. It was made in Germany.
Plus, all of their bottles are made in France.