• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Bimini Trip ( Unofficial Thread Until Admin Puts Official One Up)

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Been researching the Big Game Club, has pretty good reviews (the best on trip advisor), but some of the recent ones were pretty bad. I may be looking into vrbo for a place with a dock as well, I found one decently priced today for mid-july. The Big Game Club does offer a $300 fuel credit which is also enticing!

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I am trying to talk my wife to let me ride the ski.
I have made no progress though.
Want me to talk to her ? I will tell her what a good boy you have been on the 2018 crossing.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I am afraid it will be Abacos for me in 2019 with a possibility of Exhumas in 2019 or 2020.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am afraid it will be Abacos for me in 2019 with a possibility of Exhumas in 2019 or 2020.
10th anniversary for me is bimini told the wife our 15th we are doing exuma, can't convince outlaws to watch kids for week every summer :/

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been researching the Big Game Club, has pretty good reviews (the best on trip advisor), but some of the recent ones were pretty bad. I may be looking into vrbo for a place with a dock as well, I found one decently priced today for mid-july. The Big Game Club does offer a $300 fuel credit which is also enticing!
I looked at this place today, looks amazing, but much smaller so would not accommodate the large group which is a bummer.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our 25th wedding anniversary is in May 2019, so we are planning on doing Bimini one way or another and may actually spend two weeks there this time around which will give us plenty of time to explore farther into the Bahamas.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I looked at this place today, looks amazing, but much smaller so would not accommodate the large group which is a bummer.
It's more like hotel than condos.
I gotta say I really enjoyed the condo I was in!

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I needed a fix tonight. Watched @Betik 's 3hr July crossing video (yeah, the crossing we should have been on).
Love the colors of the water over there.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 2010 group stayed at Big Game Club.

I have good relations with the management. If Bimini Sands does not get themselves together I see lots of smaller trips to Big Game Club and Bimini Blue Water in 2019. Blue Water is next door with fuel as well as motel like units and an amazing restaurant where Hemingway ate on top of the hill. I have been prodding Big Game Club about adding floating slips for us for years.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I needed a fix tonight. Watched @Betik 's 3hr July crossing video (yes, the crossing we should have been on).
Love the colors of the water over there.
only if you knew the grief I got from internet trolls for having such a long video!!! As if I care what random people think or as if they paid me money and I did a crappy job.
I literally made that video for when we need a fix in the middle of winter and to document for @Water Girl that could not make it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
only if you knew the grief I got from internet trolls for having such a long video!!! As if I care what random people think or as if they paid me money and I did a crappy job.
I literally made that video for when we need a fix in the middle of winter and to document for @Water Girl that could not make it.
I love it. Cuz i was there!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's interesting to see the conversation about where to stay outside the Sands and Resort World really isn't considered. If I was organizing a trip The Sands and Resort World would really be my only two choices. If I was going by myself I could see maybe staying a night at Bluewater or Big Game if needed but these are not really places ideally suited for a week long stay for a family nor really large enough to handle a moderate sized group. I would say even a group of 10 boats would be hard pressed to book rooms needed during the same week with other bookings in play. Not to mention the marina set up at both Big Game and Blue Water is just terrible not only are they fixed docks they are in a busy channel your boat will be banging the dock the entire time it is tied up. I know The Sands had its Issues but it is still convenient avoiding that channel and if you are going to enter the main channel you may as well go to the end and stay at Resort World the amenities are worth the extra 10 minute run to the end versus Big Game and Blue Water. I know some are not happy with some of the impacts Resort World has put on the Island but these impacts have already happened and if Resort World was to close tomorrow now by boycotting them the impacts to the island would likely be just as bad as the opening if not worse.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, much of Resorts World’s docks were destroyed in 2017 and not rebuilt. Ignoring the environmental catastrophe which they refused to clean up from all the styrofoam they did not have slip availability in 2018.

The boardwalk style docking at the expensive luxury houses at Resorts World was available with those rentals but is not much different than the slips at BGC or BW.

I know that you want to stay at R.W. That is a choice that I would avoid outside of an emergency and I believe Andy would agree.

If the situation at Bimini Sands is not corrected then smaller trips to other resorts is the most likely outcome and could be a fun experience. It would allow more families to visit overall with a wider range of dates.

As for Bimini Sands, we should give the homeowners a little more time. There are good actors who want our business there. We have to see what they can accomplish.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last time @Andy S and I talked about it his bride and him were talking about renting one of the houses with docking at Resort World if we returned to Bimini. It will likely be at least 3 years before I return to Bimini with plans to stay as I plan to do Exuma this year and will likely do Berry Islands or return to Abaco the year after that so by the time I stay in Bimini again things could be a lot different.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just curious what's wrong with the channel going to resort world? After reading about the problems at the sands I was looking into other places as well. I was even considering renting a house.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just curious what's wrong with the channel going to resort world? After reading about the problems at the sands I was looking into other places as well. I was even considering renting a house.
No wake, lots of time and this fun which I ha e experienced twice on that channel.

To give perspective, the water outside the channel is shallower than that yacht’s waves are tall and full of obstacles. If you go outside the channel and wait your boat will likely bounce off of the bottom several times. The options are to run back to the R.W. Marina or as I prefer play jet ski.