• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Bimini Trip ( Unofficial Thread Until Admin Puts Official One Up)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure what we are doing for 2019 but if we where to bring our own vessel we will probably stick with Bimini Sands.
The rooms are clean and that is what really matters to us. Working AC and showers will be nice, but can manage. We are not big on the pool and the outside stuff around BS. Floating docks are a huge plus for our crew’s docking skill level. Not all crews are like @Scottintexas . They could probably charge us $100 a day and we still end up docking there :(

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah Betik you had a few haters.
OMG people took issue on me wearing socks too.
I was walking bare footed in the morning at Bahia Mar and I did not messed up @Water Girl ’s 6 month old upholstery. Apparently socks and bananas are not allowed on a boat

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious what's wrong with the channel going to resort world? After reading about the problems at the sands I was looking into other places as well. I was even considering renting a house.
Nothing really it adds probably 20 minutes each way to get in and out. There maybe some larger boats wakes in the narrow channel at times but when taken at the proper speed and angle even in tight quarters they are no big deal at all. Still better then your boat being beat up at Big Game and Blue Waters marinas where the water is rough from 6am-8pm everyday from all the traffic. For me it would still be the Sands or RW all day long. Rent from an owner at the sands and skip the headaches.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rent from an owner at the sands and skip the headaches.
While one family might be able to slip in that way the last group that was there was forced to pay $500 to use the infinity pool.

There is a full on war against condo rentals and officialy rentals are closed.

Hopefully the HOAs will agree to take action to turn things around.

As for the marinas at BGC and BW properly tied they would work. For many of us that would mean allowing the ample staff to tie up the boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As for the marinas at BGC and BW properly tied they would work. For many of us that would mean allowing the ample staff to tie up the boat.
I do agree properly tied you would spend a majority of your time well off any post that could cause any issues. The problem is when loading to start your day and unloading to end your day would likely be the issue. Overnight when you are tied securely off the posts well the traffic is slow those hours to begin with so not to big a deal. As for letting their well trained staff take care of your boat sure go for it I’m sure they will treat your boat as carefully as their own and surely they will cover any accidental damage they cause while handling your boat. Or you could just stay at the sands or RW with floating docks and significantly less traffic and see which fairs better fit you. I’m not familiar with the Sands current status so if @Bruce says rentals are finished and having issues I have to take that as what it is but still for those who may plan a trip this coming year if the sands isn’t available I would still take a hard look at all options and make the best choice for you. There are people on this forum who have stayed at all the places being mentioned and they will all gladly give you their honest feed back of all of them. The only complaint I have ever really heard from those who stayed at RW was being so far away fro everyone at the sands if we are taking that out of the equation the overal option has not been bad at all.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Currently I suggest holding off on doing anything until December. At that point we will know if Bimini Sands is going to work for 2019 and will start organizing group leaders for two or three trips to Bimini Sands or lots of trips elsewhere.

I very much prefer the floating docks at Bimini Sands. Resorts World had few if any slips available during our 2018 trips. This is an example of a proper way to tie up at BGC or BW. It does require 5 ropes and needs sufficient slack to allow for the tide but not too much. Therefore for those that are not familiar allowing the marina staff to help is a good way to learn. Paying them can avoid costly mistakes.

73FE0417-B13D-4869-9CA7-27C05040BCE6.png

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Betik dreaming of outboards now ? :)

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thinking about retirement lol
Been thinking about it for years. Everytime i tell my financial advisor, he goes into this episode of unstoppable and uncontrollable laughter....:mad:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is kind the same for me but instead of accountant it my wife who canot stop laughing LOL

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Told the boss that once the kids are in college we rent the home and live on a boat. Still figuring out if the look she gave me was :winkingthumbsup" (or) :finger:

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Told the boss that once the kids are in college we rent the home and live on a boat. Still figuring out if the look she gave me was :winkingthumbsup" (or) :finger:
I have found that if you continue talking about it long enough, eventually she’ll come around. I mean, how long did you have to talk to her before she agreed to go to Bimini on a jetboat? :winkingthumbsup"

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have found that if you continue talking about it long enough, eventually she’ll come around. I mean, how long did you have to talk to her before she agreed to go to Bimini on a jetboat? :winkingthumbsup"
Agreed @Berrie It took me 3 months to convince her to let me go to Bimini on the Jetboat. I think I need to keep going farther and farther , safer and make it exciting for her to eventually convince her that it is the best idea since sliced bread

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Watching Gulf Stream crossing videos on YouTube this afternoon. Having some serious salt water withdrawal. :(

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watching Gulf Stream crossing videos on YouTube this afternoon. Having some serious salt water withdrawal. :(
8 more months .... actually it is not as bad as it sounds..... with holidays ( not sure if it is okay to say Christmas anymore) coming up the time will fly until January. Then January/February you are waiting for the dates and then once the dates are out, you are like a little puppy bouncing around until 2 weeks prior to departure.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Know what you mean. Potomac river not interesting enough. Changing my marina next year to park the boat in Chesapeake bay. Want to spend a lot of weekends exploring and overnighting on the bay.