• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Bimini Trip July 12-18th

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As I posted in the 2020 Bimini Early Interest Thread, I have booked my trip for this year from Sunday July 12th to Saturday July 18th.

At this point, the following people look to be crossing this week:
  1. @Julian
  2. @BBottoms
  3. @Wytiger
  4. @BigT51
  5. @leonard delia
  6. @agaufillet
  7. @VaMarine
I chose this week as I didn't want to be over there during 4th of July (gets a bit busier there that week), and June wasn't working for family stuff.

If you haven't read the Preparing for Bimini Thread, please read that thread to familiarize yourself with what to expect. This will be my 4th trip to Bimini.

Our plan will be as follows:
  1. Drive down to Ft. Lauderdale to arrive Saturday afternoon and stay in one of the hotels close to Harbor Towne Marina (we stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port - and will likely stay in that general area again. Will post once we settle on a spot, but it isn't critical that we are at the same place.
  2. On Sunday morning, get up at a rational hour (unless the forecast is suggesting EARLY AM wind/waves would be better) and head to Harbor Town (get there around 8-9am). Park at Harbor town ideally, if not FFL. (one reason for getting there EARLIER...better chance of parking).
  3. Depart Harbor Town 9-10am for Bimini.
  4. Arrive in Bimini around Noon.
  5. Depart Bimini the following Saturday morning (weather permitting).

I MAY have a one bedroom condo available to rent for that same period (we are trying to determine who is going with us). Send me a conversation message if you are interested.
#bimini
#bimini2020
Add our crew of 8 to this trip. We have 2 confirmed reservations at Bimini Sands (units 10-C and 4-A). I also booked a 2 bedroom (unit 20-A) that I plan to cancel. Let me know if anyone needs it before I do.
We have a 2018 242X that is yet to be named.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Add our crew of 8 to this trip. We have 2 confirmed reservations at Bimini Sands (units 10-C and 4-A). I also booked a 2 bedroom (unit 20-A) that I plan to cancel. Let me know if anyone needs it before I do.
Please hold off cancelling for a couple days. Might be able to go. Can you do that? I'll PM you.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Is the 2 bedroom actually a 2 bedroom, or a 1 with loft?

I may be interested in that and dumpin the 1 with loft i have

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I enjoyedthe 1 with loft because my kids stayed upstairs and my wife and I got the room to ourselves. We saw 2 rooms both with loft and they were NOT equal quality.
Ihope that some of the personal owned aspects stay with the transition to a new company

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

agaufillet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was just told we have someone coming from Kentucky??? Better be bringing some bourbon!! We have the cigars.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not great news for Bimini trips announced today. The Bahamas doesn't plan to even resume commercial travel till July 1st which means leisure and vacation travel may not come back till late July or August.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, not looking great, but still almost 2 months for things to change....
I agree I changed my reservations from Bimini in June to Exuma for July 18th I'm still keeping hope for that.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree I changed my reservations from Bimini in June to Exuma for July 18th I'm still keeping hope for that.
Do you still have the 12 th July planned, we have 8 boats right now

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Was just told we have someone coming from Kentucky??? Better be bringing some bourbon!! We have the cigars.
yes yes, I will bring plenty of Bourbon...what's your fancy? I currently live just across the river from Louisville, KY and was born and raised 45 minutes west of Bardstown which is the center of the bourbon universe ;).

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes yes, I will bring plenty of Bourbon...what's your fancy? I currently live just across the river from Louisville, KY and was born and raised 45 minutes west of Bardstown which is the center of the bourbon universe ;).
I'm originally from Louisville and now live about an hour south near Hodgenville, about equidistant from Makers Mark, Jim Beam and everything in Bardstown. I generally save bourbon for the winter, not sure what I think about it in 90 degree heat on the water, but I'm hoping I get to find out this year and we don't get cancelled!

alex23b

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobia
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Curious how many are planning the exuma trip? It was on my wish list for this summer but with everything going on not sure anymore. I would like to cross with a group if possible.

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Curious how many are planning the exuma trip? It was on my wish list for this summer but with everything going on not sure anymore. I would like to cross with a group if possible.
Jack Long and myself are doing the exumas trip July 17-25

alex23b

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobia
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Jack Long and myself are doing the exumas trip July 17-25

Where are you leaving from? I’m in a 30 ft CC - wife and kids are flying to Nassau and I’d be making the crossing. I’ve been to Bimini a few times but this is quite the distance obviously.

Quote Reply
Report •••

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the Bahamas is moving into phase three of there opening plan but they are still keeping tighter restrictions on Bimini and Exuma which is strange.

alex23b

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobia
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
So the Bahamas is moving into phase three of there opening plan but they are still keeping tighter restrictions on Bimini and Exuma which is strange.

My understanding is they are opening up July 1st for tourists as phase 5. A few properties (exuma sandals) are taking reservations at that time. Hopefully they stick to that timeline.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where are you leaving from? I’m in a 30 ft CC - wife and kids are flying to Nassau and I’d be making the crossing. I’ve been to Bimini a few times but this is quite the distance obviously.

Quote Reply
Report •••
@Jack Long and @jaburt ate leaving Ft Lauderdale Friday morning heading to Bimini and I’m leaving Ft Lauderdale Saturday morning the 18th and meeting them in Bimini and heading to Chub Cay

alex23b

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobia
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
@Jack Long and @jaburt ate leaving Ft Lauderdale Friday morning heading to Bimini and I’m leaving Ft Lauderdale Saturday morning the 18th and meeting them in Bimini and heading to Chub Cay
Ok sounds good. I'll check in with you guys closer to departure date and see if your plans are still firm for a joint trip to Chub Cay.