• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Books

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just thought I’d toss out there for any audio book fans..

I just finished the 8th book in a 9 book series by Joshua Dalzelle, now waiting on the last book which is due out in May.

There are three trilogies, the first trilogy is Black Fleet, second trilogy is Expansion Wars trilogy, third trilogy is Unification Wars, the third book in the Unification Wars trilogy is due out in late May.

These stories are great and the reader is also great. Hope you find them enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just thought I’d toss out there for any audio book fans..

I just finished the 8th book in a 9 book series by Joshua Dalzelle, now waiting on the last book which is due out in May.

There are three trilogies, the first trilogy is Black Fleet, second trilogy is Expansion Wars trilogy, third trilogy is Unification Wars, the third book in the Unification Wars trilogy is due out in late May.

These stories are great and the reader is also great. Hope you find them enjoyable.
I'm always looking for good series like this. I can ready pretty much anything, so I've put this into my queue.

I am in the middle of a series by Craig Martelle, and its just ok....his writing is not the greatest, so I wouldn't recommend it strongly.....but looks to be in the same vein as Joshua Dalzelle's books (I added linked to your post to make them easier to find).

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm always looking for good series like this. I can ready pretty much anything, so I've put this into my queue.

I am in the middle of a series by Craig Martelle, and its just ok....his writing is not the greatest, so I wouldn't recommend it strongly.....but looks to be in the same vein as Joshua Dalzelle's books (I added linked to your post to make them easier to find).
Right on….. I think Dalzelle’s writing is pretty good, and for the most part I found that the story was not predictable, which I really like. The main character in this story, Jackson Wolfe, is a really character to me, he has his flaws and has many challenges. Hope you enjoy the books as much as I have. I just finished the series for the third time. Another favorite author is Larry Niven, the reader for most of his books is Jeremy Weiner, a truly great reader. If you want to delve into Larry Niven my suggestion is to start with a book titled Protector, its a great introduction of known space.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ll give the first one a try. Thanks for the referral
To me, these books are like good potato chips, you can’t eat just one!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Stephen Hunter is also good…he is the author of Point of Impact which is what the movie shooter was based on, but the book is of course much better. The whole series of Bob Lee Swagger books is 12 books long. The first few books, Point of Impact, Dirty White Boys, and Time to Hunt are not available on audible, these are excellent books, very well written and great stories. Buck Shirner is the reader and is perfect for the old gunnery sergeant as well as the other characters in the books.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Another Triology

The Legacy of Heorot
Beowulf’s children
The Secret of Black Ship Island

Larry Niven

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember the last book I looked at oh, I think it was a week and a half ago. A Thriller, I couldn't put it down for two whole days! I can still see it like it was yesterday, but I don't recommend anyone else pick it up to look at. The title was "2003 Lexus LS430 Service Manual"

Oh sure, I pick it up and reread it every once in awhile, but I don't enjoy it, and I don't know why I continue to torture myself in this way.

Maybe it's habit-forming like hard drugs. Not sure if this is the case or not, but just in case it is, I recommend everyone to stay away from it

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I remember the last book I looked at oh, I think it was a week and a half ago. A Thriller, I couldn't put it down for two whole days! I can still see it like it was yesterday, but I don't recommend anyone else pick it up to look at. The title was "2003 Lexus LS430 Service Manual"

Oh sure, I pick it up and reread it every once in awhile, but I don't enjoy it, and I don't know why I continue to torture myself in this way.

Maybe it's habit-forming like hard drugs. Not sure if this is the case or not, but just in case it is, I recommend everyone to stay away from it
That book sounds more like a horror story lol!