• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ever lose a table leg because it rolled of the patio and sank??

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is a good tips for members with the 230 series boats, or any boat this a large diameter table leg...
Some have had their table legs roll off the stern and pop into the water never to be seen again. Just take a pool noodle and stuff it inside the table legs and voila.....floating table legs!
Just did this today. Its a tight fit, but can be done. It is also easier to do with an older noodle. If you use a brand new one, you may need to cut a wedge out of it or lube it up big time! LOL

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Everyone won't have a band saw in the garage, but since I did, I used it to just shave the noodle into an octagon shape, reducing the size so it would fit easier into the noodle. The newer boats it won't work on, they appear to be heavier than that amount of displacement will float. But it certainly works on 210/212/230/232 models up until the change in table legs.

Edit: I forgot to mention that a number of members have just used a carving knife, either electric or plain old knife, to do the same thing.

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Simply slit the noodle lengthwise and it has more "crushability" than a full noodle. All you need is scissors and a spare minute.

And now, the new legs are not floatable. Makes me very nervous in deep water on the swim deck! Honestly I don't use the new tables as much as the old. They are not as strong when little kids lean on them.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I filled it with self-expanding-foam-in-a-can

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Expanding foam was perfect, used blue painters tape to protect outside, fillled it, let it expand and dry cut it off. will not sink

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone tried this "expanding foam" technique on the 2015-16 models?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last summer my buddy lost his leg (prosthetic) off my boat when it slipped out of his hand, man did he move fast to grab it! He wouldn't let anyone test it to see if it would've floated or not.

Last edited:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys are killing me when it's raining.....I keep thinking of things to do even though I'm on 9th season and never have come close to losing table leg!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You guys are killing me when it's raining.....I keep thinking of things to do even though I'm on 9th season and never have come close to losing table leg!
That is the problem with the forum....someone keeps coming up with another cool idea to spend time and money on! But this mod is about as cheap as the come!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is the problem with the forum....someone keeps coming up with another cool idea to spend time and money on! But this mod is about as cheap as the come!
"Problem" -- that's like saying the problem with alcohol is that it makes me have a great time!!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"Problem" -- that's like saying the problem with alcohol is that it makes me have a great time!!
And when you have a great time you spend money...It would be much cheeper staying home, watching sports on TV and spilling beer on the couch when our team scores. :)

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Everyone won't have a band saw in the garage, but since I did, I used it to just shave the noodle into an octagon shape, reducing the size so it would fit easier into the noodle. The newer boats it won't work on, they appear to be heavier than that amount of displacement will float. But it certainly works on 210/212/230/232 models up until the change in table legs.

Edit: I forgot to mention that a number of members have just used a carving knife, either electric or plain old knife, to do the same thing.
@txav8r .....a box cutter is also great to cut along the natural split of the noodle or any configuration the owner wants.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've done the spray foam for a table leg of a newer model boat (2019). It works perfectly fine. I'd suggest that you do it in stages though, since the foam won't cure completely if it's filled all at once. If yours looks like mine, do the short side first. Fill a spray bottle with water, and set it to the spray setting (like it's putting out a mist). There's something about the foam curing faster or better when the surface is damp. If not, it's not the end of the world. Put the dispenser in the hole as far as it will go, then fill it partially. Let it cure for about 30 minutes to an hour, then fill it a bit more. Lather, rinse, repeat until the leg is filled, and yes, it will definitely float.

Table Leg.jpg