• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Extra Fuel on FSH

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First and foremost, many thanks to @Liveto99 for his help with the Moeller 22 gallon fuel tank .

I was looking at extending my fuel range, or at least getting some extra cushion for some big lakes who’s services are a bit far in between. @Liveto99 had posted about the purchase of the Moeller 22 gallon above deck fuel tank which I believe was originally designed for the boston whaler montauk. This Moeller tank fits perfectly under the helm seat of my 210 FSH sport. The only issue is that the recess for the OEM cooler leaves the underside of the gas tank unsupported.

My friend who has many years in the marine industry suggested using a piece of closed cell concrete insulation foam as a filler piece that could be easily shaped. The foam itself is rated at 25 PSI strength, more than enough to support the tank and 132 pounds of fuel.

88701826-6960-4506-A386-2E21E8F273A8.jpeg

I bought a piece that was 1.5“ thick, cut it to fit the recess, my friend used a belt sander to make it conform to the slanted ice chest depression. He suggested a put a layer of flex seal on the foam to seal the outer layer of the foam and then it would match the deck also.

I needed to get the fuel from the on deck tank to the main tank of the boat. I bought a Summit branded 97gph fuel pump and fitted that with some double sided shut off quick disconnects to make it easy and spill free.

16C163CA-9E71-4246-85EB-64CCA29584B3.jpegF934183B-7171-42D6-9D5B-A690CE202612.jpeg

The pump and hoses all fit into a rubber made cereal container to keep it clean and secure. The pump transferred 12 gallons of fuel in 12 minutes. Not what the pump is rated at because that is with 3/8” fittings and my quick disconnects are 1/4”. Still, that means with 22 gallons of fuel it will take 22 minutes to transfer the fuel over. So probably a 25 minute stop to refill the main tank.. good time for a break anyway!

The OEM cooler will fit in between the Moeller tank and the transom. I may just use a door mat for the cooler to sit on to give it some extra purchase.

If y’all need any info on the parts and pieces let me know!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
First and foremost, many thanks to @Liveto99 for his help with the Moeller 22 gallon fuel tank .

I was looking at extending my fuel range, or at least getting some extra cushion for some big lakes who’s services are a bit far in between. @Liveto99 had posted about the purchase of the Moeller 22 gallon above deck fuel tank which I believe was originally designed for the boston whaler montauk. This Moeller tank fits perfectly under the helm seat of my 210 FSH sport. The only issue is that the recess for the OEM cooler leaves the underside of the gas tank unsupported.

My friend who has many years in the marine industry suggested using a piece of closed cell concrete insulation foam as a filler piece that could be easily shaped. The foam itself is rated at 25 PSI strength, more than enough to support the tank and 132 pounds of fuel.

View attachment 162810

I bought a piece that was 1.5“ thick, cut it to fit the recess, my friend used a belt sander to make it conform to the slanted ice chest depression. He suggested a put a layer of flex seal on the foam to seal the outer layer of the foam and then it would match the deck also.

I needed to get the fuel from the on deck tank to the main tank of the boat. I bought a Summit branded 97gph fuel pump and fitted that with some double sided shut off quick disconnects to make it easy and spill free.

View attachment 162811View attachment 162812

The pump and hoses all fit into a rubber made cereal container to keep it clean and secure. The pump transferred 12 gallons of fuel in 12 minutes. Not what the pump is rated at because that is with 3/8” fittings and my quick disconnects are 1/4”. Still, that means with 22 gallons of fuel it will take 22 minutes to transfer the fuel over. So probably a 25 minute stop to refill the main tank.. good time for a break anyway!

The OEM cooler will fit in between the Moeller tank and the transom. I may just use a door mat for the cooler to sit on to give it some extra purchase.

If y’all need any info on the parts and pieces let me know!
Very cool. Why would you have to be stopped once the pump is running couldn't you keep going?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That's a nice fit. :winkingthumbsup"

I have often wondered which tanks might fit between the posts. 22 gallons is a very nice cushion.

Can you still open the hatch and check the engine with the tank full of gas or do you need to empty the tank first?

Jim

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was researching fuel transfer pumps recently. It was either 300$ units or 20$ units that wouldn't pump 2' off the ground. Can you give a little more detail on that 12v pump you have there. I like that setup, might be something I consider for some longer runs offshore.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was researching fuel transfer pumps recently. It was either 300$ units or 20$ units that wouldn't pump 2' off the ground. Can you give a little more detail on that 12v pump you have there. I like that setup, might be something I consider for some longer runs offshore.

This is the pump I bought:

Not the cheapest pump but I wanted something high flow and something good that would last. This pump also has an aluminum housing so it will be a little more resistant to corrosion.

The quick disconnects are from a small business I had and are not likely to be available in small quantities…

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's a nice fit. :winkingthumbsup"

I have often wondered which tanks might fit between the posts. 22 gallons is a very nice cushion.

Can you still open the hatch and check the engine with the tank full of gas or do you need to empty the tank first?

Jim
You could probably open the hatch but it would be a bit heavy. The tank when full would weigh around 150#.

The plan is to only fill that tank when I think I am going to need it, and then as soon as the 22 gallons will fit into the main tank I will transfer the fuel at that time.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very cool. Why would you have to be stopped once the pump is running couldn't you keep going?
I suppose you could just go slow but I’d rather stop.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im surprised i didnt run into that pump during my research. Anything Gas is a PITA to find that has any real output, unless you want to pay for a huge transfer pump. Thanks for sharing

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Post Lake Powell trip update.

The extra fuel tank worked great on my trip. I used it to add fuel to my boat as well as adding fuel to my friends wave runner on some long trips. The OEM ice chest fits nicely between the tank and the transom.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just slid the fuel tank out of the way to open my hatch. that knock off yeti cooler that we bought a while ago from Amazon fits between the fuel tank on the back also. I would not transfer fuel well underway just in case of a wave or some thing getting water into your fuel tank with the hatch on the side. In a pinch you could just siphon the gas.
I think the fuel pump will work great if anyone finds quick disconnects let me know I’d be all over that.
I did run my boat down to almost no gas there is a little bit of a reserve in there I ran about 150 miles. The alarm is constant and annoying.
@FSH 210 Sport glad it worked well, thanks for the tag.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just slid the fuel tank out of the way to open my hatch. that knock off yeti cooler that we bought a while ago from Amazon fits between the fuel tank on the back also. I would not transfer fuel well underway just in case of a wave or some thing getting water into your fuel tank with the hatch on the side. In a pinch you could just siphon the gas.
I think the fuel pump will work great if anyone finds quick disconnects let me know I’d be all over that.
I did run my boat down to almost no gas there is a little bit of a reserve in there I ran about 150 miles. The alarm is constant and annoying.
@FSH 210 Sport glad it worked well, thanks for the tag.
@Liveto99 @MilesPrower posted this attwood catalogue this morning and I found some quick disconnects that should work for your tank. The ones I used were left overs from a small business I had making after market gas tanks.

0BE9DA3C-2A3B-415F-8610-62DB27FFCFFC.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You probably keep going if you were to install a quick disconnect accessible from the deck that went right into the fuel fill line.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've read your post before about the spare fuel setup. Been contemplating something like this if I decide to start reaching out to further distances. How well has everything held up so far?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Everything worked fine for the week long trip to lake Powell two years ago. The empty tank is light so putting it in or off the boat is easy. The fuel pump will transfer all of the fuel in 20 minutes.

If everything goes according to plan this summer I’ll be using it again this summer

if you need any assistance sourcing any of the parts let me know !

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Everything worked fine for the week long trip to lake Powell two years ago. The empty tank is light so putting it in or off the boat is easy. The fuel pump will transfer all of the fuel in 20 minutes.

If everything goes according to plan this summer I’ll be using it again this summer

if you need any assistance sourcing any of the parts let me know !
main reason I’m thinking of this is if the wife and I decide to do a Bimini trip at some point or if wanting to go offshore. Definitely will let you know. How much did everything set you back? Anything you’d want to change?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
main reason I’m thinking of this is if the wife and I decide to do a Bimini trip at some point or if wanting to go offshore. Definitely will let you know. How much did everything set you back? Anything you’d want to change?
Looks like the fuel tank is $394

I can’t remember how much the fuel pump was , maybe $100. Perhaps $25 for the straps. I had the quick disconnects and the fuel line. So less than $600.

Nothing I would change. I was thinking about trying to intercept the main fill line so I could put a quick disconnect there to keep all of the fuel filling inside the boat. But I decided to stick with putting fill line into the main fill. I may put a switch to turn the fuel pump on and off, right now it’s just big alligator clamps.