• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally saw a NEW movie in the theater.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just saw no time to die, mostly predictable but ending was still surprising and a must see for bond fans, imho.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw first movie in a theater in a couple years last night, No Time to Die.
Missed going to the movies, but main reason I had not been gone in so long is Hollywood does not make many movies that appeal to me these days.
NTTD was a bit disjointed and fairly predictable, but I enjoyed it. Am curious to see where they take the franchise from here.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just saw Venom 2. It was decent. I probably wouldn't watch if you aren't invested in Marvel movies though (both Sony and MCU)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
NTTD was a bit disjointed and fairly predictable, but I enjoyed it. Am curious to see where they take the franchise from here.
I was thinking of going this weekend....

Rented "Free Guy" last weekend....it was amusing.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's great to hear that theaters are getting the attention they deserve.

LOL - I just learned that our local movie theater is showing the Rocky Horror Picture show for the Halloween Season. 🤣

Surely, they won't get the audience participation in today's society. Will general audiences even understand it today?
Half the fun in the midnight showings of Rocky Horror Picture show WAS the audience participation. It was a cult classic for a reason! Those definitely were different times! 😄

Jim

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
100% agree on this as well.

Have a big 4k TV and a monster stereo for a reason. I don't usually miss the excitement of the theater. Only a few occasions has the theater been better than at home.

With that said. I LOVE our IMAX theater at the science center. It's, IMO, a true IMAX venue. Not these smaller, less involved over-crowded places the local theaters put up. The science center has a nearly vertical stadium seating setup, your feet are the the shoulders of the row in front of you, and you are VERY close to the screen. The experience is just, well, better in almost all regards. The video is always stunning (usually a documentary, so it's live filmed stuff without any CGI overlay), and it fills enough of your peripheral that you get SUPER immersed into the film. Without sounding too much like a snob, I think the clientele is significantly different as well since it's at the science center and not the retail theater.
IMAX can be amazing. I’ve seen some very cool stuff on IMAX!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Half the fun in the midnight showings of Rocky Horror Picture show WAS the audience participation. It was a cult classic for a reason! Those definitely were different times! 😄

Jim
Man.....screw all that noise.

I went one year to the Baxter Avenue Theater here in Louisville. The show Rocky Horror every year on Halloween. Two showings. People dress up, participate, throw stuff at the screen, I think there might have even been a motorcycle in the aisle at one point. I'm unsure if it was the general premise of what was going on, or the fact I was in NO WAY prepared for that level of shenaniganry, but it was hands down one of the worst experiences of my adult life. I was legit scared to get up and walk out for fear of what might happen. Tried to just set and look like I was having fun until it was over and the majority of people were filtering out. NEVER again will I do that. Nope. No way, no how.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Have my tickets for Spider-Man tonight. Can't wait, though if I could have sold them for $5000 I would have in a second lol

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My oldest son is going to go see Spiderman tomorrow and my youngest Saturday. They don't want to go see marvel movies with dad anymore 😔, would rather hangout with there buddies and girls. I know it how it should be but Damn it I want to go too.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My oldest son is going to go see Spiderman tomorrow and my youngest Saturday. They don't want to go see marvel movies with dad anymore 😔, would rather hangout with there buddies and girls. I know it how it should be but Damn it I want to go too.
I’d go anyway to the 3D luxury lounger show.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Man.....screw all that noise.

I went one year to the Baxter Avenue Theater here in Louisville. The show Rocky Horror every year on Halloween. Two showings. People dress up, participate, throw stuff at the screen, I think there might have even been a motorcycle in the aisle at one point. I'm unsure if it was the general premise of what was going on, or the fact I was in NO WAY prepared for that level of shenaniganry, but it was hands down one of the worst experiences of my adult life. I was legit scared to get up and walk out for fear of what might happen. Tried to just set and look like I was having fun until it was over and the majority of people were filtering out. NEVER again will I do that. Nope. No way, no how.
Now that‘s funny! My friends and I used to go every Saturday night. First we would go ice blocking at the local park, then would hit the rocky horror after wards. I think I’ve seen it upwards of 50 times in the theatre. The audience participation was the most fun. The theater I used to see it at was an old converted indoor pool, it sill had the tile with depth markers on the sides. General seating was in the pool, and balcony seating was along the sides. The audience would act out the whole movie to the sound track part anyway before the movie started. Just saw Tim Curry in The Hunt for Red October last night.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just saw the kings man, opening night, I was one of three people in the theater for the 8:50 show. If you liked the first two you will probably like this one as well.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I couldn’t tell you the last time I was in a movie theater. Probably nearly a decade ago if I had to guess lol. Prices are just stupid and most of the movies are mediocre that I’ll just wait until it’s on digital service to show them. Besides you can’t get beer in our theaters nor take a peaceful slam in a public bathroom mid-movie like I can in my house :D. These days I find more entertainment in a quality seasonal Netflix series than a 1-2 hour movie. What are the going prices for movies these days with drinks and snacks (if you don’t sneak them in lol)?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just saw the new spider man movie, no way home. Go.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I couldn’t tell you the last time I was in a movie theater. Probably nearly a decade ago if I had to guess lol. Prices are just stupid and most of the movies are mediocre that I’ll just wait until it’s on digital service to show them. Besides you can’t get beer in our theaters nor take a peaceful slam in a public bathroom mid-movie like I can in my house :D. These days I find more entertainment in a quality seasonal Netflix series than a 1-2 hour movie. What are the going prices for movies these days with drinks and snacks (if you don’t sneak them in lol)?
Most of our theaters sell beer and liquor now. I don't drink at theaters so not sure price. Can get tickets on Tuesdays for $5 to several theaters around here though.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I tried to watch the Matrix resurrection several times now, kept falling asleep in the first hour, boring.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to watch the Matrix resurrection several times now, kept falling asleep in the first hour, boring.
Watched it last night, very disappointing not recommended

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good times!
D2D9844B-5875-4F8E-92A8-E334CBDA60E0.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The trailers did a good job of not selling me on it lol. Also any time the media, YT ads and in general ads go up everywhere, a game teaser tech demo pops, etc for a movie you know it’s being overhyped with a massive marketing budget which usually means it’s going to flop.

Last edited: