• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Bimini Trip - aiming for 2021

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are most trying to join in on the 6/27-7/2 trip? Anyone planning to lead a mid July trip? The other dates won't work with my son's baseball trip.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are a baseball family as well and would entertain a later trip. Also had some difficulty booking the resort for the June- July date.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could pick different dates, start a thread and see if you could get a seasoned Captain to lead your group.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So correctly me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the Bahamian government put on crossings themselves? There be more boats then just Yamahas but it would be better then going by yourself. Here’s a link that shows their dates.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello, from a fellow Indianapolis resident. Where do you boat? All over like we do, or do you tend to go to one lake more than the other
Hello Hoosier! We mostly hang out at Raccoon (Cecile Harden) because it's so family friendly and close, but we've been all over - Salamonie, Monroe, Mississinnewa, James, etc. What are your favorite hangouts? Maybe we can plan to be at a lake together next year.

NOVABoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sold my old 2010 SX210 earlier this year and just picked up my 2018 242 Limited S E-series. I am excited to take it on the Bimini run. A question that I have not seen anyone ask yet is can you run aground anywhere along the way to and from Bimini? If so, do you just use GPS to avoid?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sold my old 2010 SX210 earlier this year and just picked up my 2018 242 Limited S E-series. I am excited to take it on the Bimini run. A question that I have not seen anyone ask yet is can you run aground anywhere along the way to and from Bimini? If so, do you just use GPS to avoid?
The only place you have to worry about running aground is 2 minutes after leaving the dock (rocks in the channel from Harbor Towne Marina) in FT. Lauderdale, and if the tide is low at Bimini you might get really shallow if you cut the corner trying to enter the channel between N and S Bimini.

Depths on the crossing reach 2800 Feet! :eek::oops: If you hit ground while crossing you have been swimming for a while before that happens! LOL

Jlgonzalez99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
My fiance and I are in for 2021. Thought about joining the July group, but I can't help but feel covid will ruin any travel plans for this year. I prepared for this trip several years ago with a different boat and didn't get to make the trip because of weather. The sticky 'Preparing for Bimini' is really, really helpful.
Have you gone already, or are you still planning? We are looking to go in the next few months.