• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Florida Keys trip planning

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sombrero reef, loee key nature preserve, coffins patch are pretty close.

Find hard bottom between 30-50ft chum water and freezing probably get some yellow tails, drop to bottom get some grunts and possibly other snapper or smaller groupers.

Can fish the 7 mile bridge area also. Go to the furthest red marker on ocean side and jig or fish right off the bottom as you drift.

Anchor and fish under the pilings.

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are staying at Key Colony Beach. If you know any good fishing spots or places to hangout in that area or fishing tips then it would be appreciated.
sounds like @Wisefam22 is very familiar with the middle keys, as I live an hour away south and haven't ventured that way in the boat at least. No matter what, you are going to have a blast. Good luck and enjoy your time in the Keys!!!!

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. Apologies to @bthessel for hijacking this thread.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife is a planner.. we went 2 years ago to the keys and spent half week in key largo and half week out of marathon and still couldn't finish everything we wanted to do.

We will be back in marathon for the end of June and will check off more stuff from our list.

We got a canal home near sunsetters restaurant for the week with dock.

Jetti

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am heading to the keys with my boat at the beginning of June and after reading about seaweed issues in the past years it has me a little concerned. Do you think there is anything to worry about this year?
Just got back from vacation in Key West, the sea weed is terrible.