• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Gulf Coast Jet Boaters 2nd Annual Gathering July 13-17 Panama City Beach Florida

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

I wanted to remind each of you that we're co-hosting the 2nd Annual Gulf Coast Jet Boaters gathering this year, July 13-17 in Panama City Beach, Florida.

We'll have tons of new info about the event after today's planning call. But I wanted to post up this awesome video we had produced from last year's event to get you dreaming about boating again!

If you plan to attend or would like more information please comment below or email will@jetboatpilot.com

We hope to see many of you there! It is going to be an awesome time together and since we have one more day for events this year, we're going to have even more time to explore the Gulf Coast.

Hey guys and gals,

I wanted to remind each of you that we're co-hosting the 2nd Annual Gulf Coast Jet Boaters gathering this year, July 13-17 in Panama City Beach, Florida.

We'll have tons of new info about the event after today's planning call. But I wanted to post up this awesome video we had produced from last year's event to get you dreaming about boating again!

If you plan to attend or would like more information please comment below or email will@jetboatpilot.com

We hope to see many of you there! It is going to be an awesome time together and since we have one more day for events this year, we're going to have even more time to explore the Gulf Coast.

I could probably make it if I left today....

Hey guys and gals,

I am putting this on my calendar for this year! Any suggestions on places to stay with docks?

I am putting this on my calendar for this year! Any suggestions on places to stay with docks?
You definitely want to book at the Sheraton and fast. Those rooms go fast. Get with Neil or Niels about the resort. They can attest. It's great. Also they have some in water parking but not much. Also have a ramp nearby and trailer parking for our participants.

Thanks for the heads up Will. We wanted to attend last year, but the Bimini crossing dates didn't jive. This year we guessed on when you'd be having the event and blocked out some time on our calendar in early July.

We already have an event scheduled now that conflicts with these dates, but keep us posted as we'll try to free up to attend.

You definitely want to book at the Sheraton and fast. Those rooms go fast. Get with Neil or Niels about the resort. They can attest. It's great. Also they have some in water parking but not much. Also have a ramp nearby and trailer parking for our participants.
We will look into it!

How rough is the water out at crab island....my wife gets sick if the boat is constantly just rocking.....

We will look into it!

How rough is the water out at crab island....my wife gets sick if the boat is constantly just rocking.....
Depends on the weather. If like most days the water is calm and flat. It's basically a giant wading pool 3 feet deep with 500 other boats surrounding. The ride over to Crooked Island, our first water event, will be the most likely to give her trouble is she gets seasick easily. We have about a 1 hour ride in open Gulf Of Mexico waters to get to Crooked Island. Weather can be all over the place on the way over and back. But once there it's like crab island, slick calm and tranquil.

I also think there is a ramp nearby that could possibly be accessed and allow participants to come without concern for the weather conditions in the gulf.

We are booked the following week in Destin but will try to get our dates moved.

We will look into it!

From many decades of boating out in the Gulf my personal experience is if a person gets sea sick easily they can wear 1 heavy earring on either side however it is most effective on the opposite side of your favored hand so left side for right handed people etc. and it somehow helps with the equilibrium thus the pirates always pictured wearing a single earring! Another version of this is to place an ear plug in the unfavored side ear and this will also help with sea sickness.
I also would put snickers bars in the cooler and if someone was out fishing with me and they felt sick from the waves " you know because they get really quiet" I would give them one of those and it worked every time. I have no idea why but I never went out without them if I took family or friends and that way I did not need to turn around and go back in. Worth a try.

Last edited:
Back