• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @scopeusa glad that you found us and decided to join.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and I can only imagine what living the dream must be like!

scopeusa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi there I note your from Georgia. I am looking to sell my 2nd home on Anna Maria, Florida and I am looking at Georgia. A friend has a place in Ellijay and it seems a good base for some decent motorcycle rides. Last year I rode Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia on my Yamaha FJR. I don't need the sun in Florida anymore and you can have as much fun sitting in a dentist chair as riding on the roads in Florida! Any recommendations as to locations, I need to be within comfortable distance of Hartsfield.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi there I note your from Georgia. I am looking to sell my 2nd home on Anna Maria, Florida and I am looking at Georgia. A friend has a place in Ellijay and it seems a good base for some decent motorcycle rides. Last year I rode Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia on my Yamaha FJR. I don't need the sun in Florida anymore and you can have as much fun sitting in a dentist chair as riding on the roads in Florida! Any recommendations as to locations, I need to be within comfortable distance of Hartsfield.
Lots of my coworkers here in Raleigh NC talk about riding the Blue Ridge Trail on their bikes....especially this time of year with the fall colors changing. But that might be too far from Atlanta for ya. http://www.blueridgemotorcycling.com/

scopeusa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been there done that, 2000 miles last year with an Italian friend from Turks. We have the Mid Life Crisis Motorcycle Club on Island. As to too far??? I have just returned from riding the Yamaha FJR 1300 4,493 miles on my own around Kansas, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, California, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. The coldest was Pikes Peak at 30 F with 40 MPH winds the hottest Las Vegas at 103 F. I hauled the bike on the trailer behind the car between Anna Maria and Dodge City and back. Clocked 7,800 miles in all. Hell of a trip!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello and yes North Ga is great! I have several motorcycles and we ride a lot. I also ride to work in downtown Atlanta. Hartsfield is south of Atlanta and from Ellijay is a little over a 2 to hour drive. If you want to stay north and are Ok with two hours you have lots of options. We have a lake house on Hartwell which is where our boat is and the lake is great. That is about 2.5 hours from the airport. We live in Marietta as our base. This is 20 minutes form Atlanta and maybe 45 from the airport. Let me know your parameters and I can provide some better ideas. We ridden all over North ga, Tenn (we have family there), Alabama, SC, etc. We go south to Savannah as well and would love to stay there but are not quite ready yet.