• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I want to add the swim deck seats from the 27’ Yamahas to my boat but ...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
1. Yamaha sports plaza doesn’t seem to have any (i.e., the seat and mount) in stock (Yamahas site only allows me to add them to a wish list without knowing the price).
2. The entire assembly (parts 23, 24, 25, 36, 37, and 38) I will likely cost over $500 per seat. I assume this because a seat leg alone is over $200.

Looks like this is an upgrade that’s not likely to happen for me anytime soon unless someone comes up with a viable alternative.

Attachments

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's a topic of conversation on the sandbar almost weekly, about how nice those seats would be.

We end up putting on a neoprene lifejacket diaper and call it a day. But I still want them.

One thing that struck me, would it be possible to put a table leg mount flat on the bottom side and rig something to a table leg? Or am I building with very expensive components?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Next time someone has the opportunity to get up close and personal with the 27' boat, take some measurements and photos of the brackets and see if you can open the bilge to shoot the backing plate. This can't be that hard. The hardest part will be the comfy seat!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m surprised no one on here has made them yet. I think I remember reading that jetboatpilot ran into patent issues when looking into it. That could have been completely wrong though.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
$1,000 LOL

Below are the best in-water seats or floats we’ve ever had. Much cheaper solution and has float accessories like a table and drink holders you won’t have on a fixed Yamaha seat. Much easier to stow and deal with as well. There’s no need to do the old school flip a life jacket and wear it like a diaper routine.

We use them every time we’re on the water and couldn’t be happier with them. They will be more comfortable than sitting on a bench seat in the water that’s for sure and at a fraction of the cost Yamaha wants lol. Your money is better spent elsewhere IMO.

Yamaha seat system can’t do this.....

44CD1027-BAB1-4C74-B857-F85C342FF16E.jpeg

Last edited:

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
$1,000 LOL

These are the best in-water seats or floats we’ve ever had. Much cheaper solution and has float accessories like a table and drink holders you won’t have on a fixed Yamaha seat. Much easier to stow and deal with as well. There’s no need to do the old school flip a life jacket and wear it like a diaper routine.

We use them ever time we are on the water and couldn’t be happier with them. They will be more comfortable than sitting on a bench seat in the water that’s for sure and at a fraction of the cost Yamaha wants lol. Your money is better spent elsewhere IMO.

Yamaha seat system can’t do this.....

View attachment 102941
I've had those saddle floats from Gail Force for 10+ years now and LOVE them!

Mike Byrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I spoke to Will at JBP about this when the 275 first came out. He said it was on the back burner because of the TV Wake. He also said they had a concept but when the 275 came out, Yamaha patented the idea. He said he was not sure there would be enough demand to fight the patent and make his design for sale. I guess if Yamaha can patent a rudder (articulating keel), they can patent a seat!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
+1 on the Gail Force stuff. Awesome, comfy, functional. Do get the rope with it, though. Well worth it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have the rope as well for our Gail Force. My only warning is that if you get the colored rope it will bleed the first few times of use before the sun starts to set in on there dyed fabric, so just keep it away from laying wet on seadeak or anything white. After that We haven’t had any bleeding issue with the dye. The floats are awesome!!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those Gail Force products look cool. I would deff go with something like that over seats attached to swim platform. I’d rather float a few feet back away from boat anyways since kids like to climb in and out of the back of boat. The swim up seats on the 275 are cool though, just wouldn’t spend a lot of money on adding them.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those Gail Force products look cool. I would deff go with something like that over seats attached to swim platform. I’d rather float a few feet back away from boat anyways since kids like to climb in and out of the back of boat. The swim up seats on the 275 are cool though, just wouldn’t spend a lot of money on adding them.
Just thought about something. It would probably be a rodeo ride if you’re sitting and a big set of rollers come by. Might be fun ....until you bang your leg under the swim deck lol.

mykwalker1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stopped atbthe Atlanta Boat show this weekend and the '23's have this on all models of rhe 25'ers.

The guy said it can't be retrofitted into my '22 as the platform wasn't made to accept the brackets.

Anyone know of anyone that did this add on?