• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is costco the new Walmart?

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw this unravel in front of me...

Attachments

• 20220929_125301.jpg
    20220929_125301.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20220929_125358.jpg
    20220929_125358.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220929_125400.jpg
    20220929_125400.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 20220929_125403.jpg
    20220929_125403.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 126
Most hoses are long enough to reach over a car....but you have to be close to the pump.....

At Costco, often times you can't choose what side to pull up to. That said, most Walmart shoppers do not drive Lexus'

She just needs to trade it in on a smaller car

Costco instructs drivers to use either side, the hoses are extra long. Weird post for a boat forum.

1664494753294.png

I hate that I have to hold the nozzle the whole time while I fill the boat at the gas stations. At least with the 5th Wheel I can fill the truck and the fuel station at the same time.

Last 2 trips to Costco with the RV and the boat. I used the far right lane, still had people pulling up behind me when the other lanes only had 1-2 cars. :rolleyes: It's going to take me a LONG time to fill the RV and the boat. USE THE OTHER LANE dummy!

Definitely do NOT have those signs at any of my local Costcos, but do have great steaks!

Costco can’t be Walmart unless it’s stops charging an annual membership fee. The costcos in CA don’t have the long hose fuel From either side signs either but they do have people who pull up behind you while you are filling a large tow vehicle and boat , some of them are willing to wait just to pump 3 gallons into their hybrid cars. I’ve also seen Lamborghinis filling up at Costco.

Saw this unravel in front of me...

First thing that popped in my head when I saw that post..

0D35C379-3E98-4C49-8880-5100BF2458E9.jpeg

I sill miss Larson..

At Sams there is no one / signs dictating to you to use both pumps, you can as the hoses are long enough. I use the off side a lot..

This is daily life at our sams club gas. The new thing the selfish people do is sit at the entrance and wait for a pump to open up. That way everyone has to wait in a line as opposed to the like 8 lines you could make at the pumps.

People are just insanely selfish nowadays, everyone thinks they're the only thing that matters. It's sad.

I know it doesn't feel like it, but one single line almost always results in the shortest average wait for everyone in line. Just like using both lanes right up until the merge point on a freeway. An Industrial or Civil Engineer who's got a better memory than me for the math can demonstrate it pretty easily. I'll have to see if I can dig up a credible study.

I know it doesn't feel like it, but one single line almost always results in the shortest average wait for everyone in line. Just like using both lanes right up until the merge point on a freeway. An Industrial or Civil Engineer who's got a better memory than me for the math can demonstrate it pretty easily. I'll have to see if I can dig up a credible study.

Just like staying in one lane on a crowded freeway, learned that many moons ago. When the speed limit was 55 I had a 50 mile commute, I had been trying to go faster moving around indifferent lanes then one day I got to an interchange that was always packed and saw a car next to me I passed 20 miles earlier. After that I started just doing the speed limit on the nose. I was amazed at how many cars who had flew past me 20-30 miles earlier flipping me the bird in the process I saw at the same crowded interchange. Fast forward 20 years and I started just doing the speed limit wherever I drove to, I got to my destination 15-20 mins later on what was a 2&1/4 hour before, wasn’t stressed looking for cops, was relaxed, and picked up a couple mpg in the process.

I'm seeing more and more "Alternate Merge" signs. Started with freeway on-ramps, but now becoming more common elsewhere. I believe this type of merge is called a "zipper merge".

Jim

In the area of the metro that we would consider our stomping ground there are three Costcos that we'll rotate between depending on what else we might be up to that day. Outside of that, there's a fourth Costco close to where we store the boat where we'll fuel up, and a fifth one that's pretty far out of our area but it has an attached liquor store. Out of those five, over the course of the four years we've had our membership, we've noticed that the mood, behavior, and manors of the crowd at each one gets worse the more affluent the surrounding area is. When it comes to navigating the parking lot on foot or in a vehicle, driving through for gas, shopping cart (buggy) operation, person to person interactions with other customers, and treatment of Costco staff and sample kiosk workers... the richer they are, the crappier they behave. I do have to point out that it's not 100% of the people that fall in to this paradigm. There are good folks in every one of these locations. But, the ones that do like to show their asses, do so along a line that parallels the local median income to the point that given enough time, you can see the correlation.

The problem with it is if the center of the universe at the front is waiting for a driver side filler, as is almost always the case because it's most common, then you end up with empty passenger side pumps. Then you have a line of people who could be filling gas but can't because someone is too selfish to MAYBE let someone who got there after them get gas before them.

Also, they should mandate pickup trucks have their fillers on the passenger side, but SUVs on the driver side. That was it's more than just the oddball car here or there and euros with them on the passenger side.

The fact that gas hoses at all the Costco's and Sam's Clubs in my area are long enough to stretch to either side of the vehicle is one of those secrets I'm happy to not spread the word on. As long as few people know, I can continue to pull right up to those pumps while cars are 3, 4, or 5 deep in line on the other side--suckers!

The fact that gas hoses at all the Costco's and Sam's Clubs in my area are long enough to stretch to either side of the vehicle is one of those secrets I'm happy to not spread the word on. As long as few people know, I can continue to pull right up to those pumps while cars are 3, 4, or 5 deep in line on the other side--suckers!

They're only.long enough at mine for small cars and small pickups. Gotta go over or around an suv of any size? No way. I could MAYBE get irnaround the tbss, since the filler is like barely in front of the taillight. Not a chance for the expedition.

Back