• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Yamaha Media Event for 2018 Models! :-(

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As for the influence of this site, after seeing Yamaha's response to swatskis misfortune I think it's one & done with Yamaha jet boats for me. My little 195 is exactly what I wanted and I'm perfectly happy with it but I will not buy another one from a company with such poor customer service. I've also learned a lot about the rotax problems from this site so I don't think I'll be going that route in the future either. We do have a 1995 family pontoon boat with the original Yamaha 2 stroke approaching 1600 hrs so I would not shy away from another Yamaha outboard. Maybe that's what they're counting on? Just my $.02
I have to agree here. Customer service is HUGE for me. When a company treats me right, no matter how small or large, I become a customer for life. I'm disappointed in the response to @swatski problem and as such, I think our second boat is going to be a traditional CC instead of a 210 FSH. Probably no big deal to Yamaha, or is it? I know of 3 jetboats I sold because of mine. I'm sure there are guys here that have probably sold 3x that number. I'll eventually end up with a great CC and wind up telling everyone of its benefits. Thats how markets change I guess....

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have to agree here. Customer service is HUGE for me. When a company treats me right, no matter how small or large, I become a customer for life. I'm disappointed in the response to @swatski problem and as such, I think our second boat is going to be a traditional CC instead of a 210 FSH. Probably no big deal to Yamaha, or is it? I know of 3 jetboats I sold because of mine. I'm sure there are guys here that have probably sold 3x that number. I'll eventually end up with a great CC and wind up telling everyone of its benefits. Thats how markets change I guess....
Yep. Customer service is the number one factor in customer retention. In a world where customer acquisition costs are so high it's baffling to see how easily they blow off customers they work so hard and pay so much to obtain. An ounce of word of mouth advertising is worth a pound of gold to companies and given the "fanboy" tendencies of product owners I immediately look elsewhere when I hear an owner of a product bad mouth it. Why the hell would I buy something that an existing owner wouldn't even recommend?! This especially applies to large purchases.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many of us agree I have helped Yamaha sell boats and you are correct I have seen so many warranty claims denied on here that it is sickening I still believe a lot of that has to do with the individual dealership and whether they are truly willing to stand up to bat for you. Yamaha has really figured out the sales process though and that is why they sell so many boats they offer something no other mfg I have found to date does which is why they can can get away with the shady QC and still sell boats at what I believe to be a high profit margin to them not necessarily the dealership. They are the only boat out there I know of that offers the financing packages they offer they make it simple to buy their boats new at low interest rates which is usually a another challenge in boat buying with any other mfg. All other boat mfg take their money upfront and let you deal with the loan market to purchase as where Yamaha has made arrangements to get you financed quick at a long term with low rates. If other boat mfg would follow suite they would see a huge change in sales. There is a huge difference in a boat cost if you can finance for 15 years at 4.9% versus 6% over 15 years and they have often offered 2.9% over 15 years.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many of us agree I have helped Yamaha sell boats and you are correct I have seen so many warranty claims denied on here that it is sickening I still believe a lot of that has to do with the individual dealership and whether they are truly willing to stand up to bat for you. Yamaha has really figured out the sales process though and that is why they sell so many boats they offer something no other mfg I have found to date does which is why they can can get away with the shady QC and still sell boats at what I believe to be a high profit margin to them not necessarily the dealership. They are the only boat out there I know of that offers the financing packages they offer they make it simple to buy their boats new at low interest rates which is usually a another challenge in boat buying with any other mfg. All other boat mfg take their money upfront and let you deal with the loan market to purchase as where Yamaha has made arrangements to get you financed quick at a long term with low rates. If other boat mfg would follow suite they would see a huge change in sales. There is a huge difference in a boat cost if you can finance for 15 years at 4.9% versus 6% over 15 years and they have often offered 2.9% over 15 years.
You may be right... Yamaha boats, the new Bayliner?

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
Byliner has gone so far backwards over the years but I would tell you if I was in the market for a 19-21 ft Yamaha including the FSH I would give Bayliner a hard look their price points are very competitive they still do not offer the financing though I think I could be wrong. Years ago we had a 26ft Bayliner that was a smaller version of a sport fish and it was a great boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

--
Nah, Bayliner builds a surf boat you can actually surf without mods. It may be fugly though :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Heyday is bayliner? I was thinking about looking at them. Ok nevermind the seating looks bad. Maybe next time I see the wt-1 on the lake I will look at his.
Yep, sure is!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. I guess Google is my friend. They bought them in 2016. It was started by someone from Bryant.

Jed Godfrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Three years ago I bought my first yamaha boat (an AR192) after finding this website and reading a wealth of great information. Last year in July I was thinking about trading in my boat on a 2016 212x. Thankfully everyone here said WAIT! That August, I couldn't stop checking this website almost daily while Julian teased us about editing videos :). I remember the excitement and anticipation as well as the skepticism about things to come. When the date finally came, it was great to have not only the information from the videos, but also the keen eyes of people with personal experience to point out certain things and bring up valid questions.
This year, I found myself here again except this time my AR192 has been sold and I'm ready for a bigger boat. I was also ready for the same excitement and anticipation as last year because THIS website is the closest thing I can get to the dealer show. Instead, I feel let down by Yamaha choosing to not allow these guys to help your potential customers, like myself, make informed decisions. And please don't insult us with infomercials disguised as reviews!
I have no stake in this site, nor do I personally know anyone on here that I'm aware of. I just wanted to say thanks to those who post pictures, share tips, and honestly review/critique something in hopes of making it better!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Three years ago I bought my first yamaha boat (an AR192) after finding this website and reading a wealth of great information. Last year in July I was thinking about trading in my boat on a 2016 212x. Thankfully everyone here said WAIT! That August, I couldn't stop checking this website almost daily while Julian teased us about editing videos :). I remember the excitement and anticipation as well as the skepticism about things to come. When the date finally came, it was great to have not only the information from the videos, but also the keen eyes of people with personal experience to point out certain things and bring up valid questions.
This year, I found myself here again except this time my AR192 has been sold and I'm ready for a bigger boat. I was also ready for the same excitement and anticipation as last year because THIS website is the closest thing I can get to the dealer show. Instead, I feel let down by Yamaha choosing to not allow these guys to help your potential customers, like myself, make informed decisions. And please don't insult us with infomercials disguised as reviews!
I have no stake in this site, nor do I personally know anyone on here that I'm aware of. I just wanted to say thanks to those who post pictures, share tips, and honestly review/critique something in hopes of making it better!
Welcome aboard! Glad you came in from the cold.