• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Yamaha Media Event for 2018 Models! :-(

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think the full size Connext Screen, the new 21' Center Console, WetSounds partnership, Wake Nozzle adjust-ability (Surf Point) all combined constitute a pretty big set of changes that all the members here would love to sink their teeth into. Even if we didn't attend in person, getting the tech specs and photos would have been "free" marketing for Yamaha....but that is water under the bridge.
Yea you are right. I was just think of the greenhulk guys were left out too maybe something was up. I tell you what if you guys were there all these surfpointe questions we be answered.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can honestly say you guys sold my boat for them. I asked bunch of annoying questions on the other forum because I was buying with my dad and you guys totally swayed him. He always had an I/O sea ray and as I got older I wanted the yamaha and he didn't. But I owe it to all the comments and research you guys gave us on the other forum to let him feel ok with me wanted a yamaha. I give a great big thanks to you guys and what you do to keep this going. Whether yamaha agrees or not they better take notice because these days no matter what boat you are considering most people do a google search. After searching the info and knowledge on this site is worth buying a yamaha. Thanks again

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clearly the title of this thread was inaccurate..... No media event for jetboaters.Net! Makes me wonder why we were left out this year? We even asked a member to remove their photos of the 21 foot center console at Yamaha's request.

Sorry we couldnt bring you any behind the scenes information..... :(:mad:
Doesn't that just show you that we have no loyalty to Yamaha, if any member gets the jump on any Yamaha product, you should allow freedom of information, we owe Yamaha nothing, they owe us respect.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Doesn't that just show you that we have no loyalty to Yamaha, if any member gets the jump on any Yamaha product, you should allow freedom of information, we owe Yamaha nothing, they owe us respect.
It sure pushes us in that direction! The old saying "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" comes to mine....and my back is itching.... :)

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea you are right. I was just think of the greenhulk guys were left out too maybe something was up. I tell you what if you guys were there all these surfpointe questions we be answered.
Hmmm... I wonder if there isn't something there - surfpointe is listed as patent pending. If greenhulk and @Julian had been there, the exact mechanics would certainly have been divulged, analyzed, and commented on in the forums in detail by now - for our benefit and, presumably competitors' too. Like this, precislely how it's done and how it works has remained speculation for a while longer. (I keep thinking that for it to be patentable surely it involves a little more than just toe-in!)
Too optimistic?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hmmm... I wonder if there isn't something there - surfpointe is listed as patent pending. If greenhulk and @Julian had been there, the exact mechanics would certainly have been divulged, analyzed, and commented on in the forums in detail by now - for our benefit and, presumably competitors' too. Like this, precislely how it's done and how it works has remained speculation for a while longer. (I keep thinking that for it to be patentable surely it involves a little more than just toe-in!)
Too optimistic?
I have to assume it is patentable because it is adjusted on the fly? The fact that it is released publicly means their patent applications are complete. You can't make it public otherwise.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let's not over think it. Ever heard of Occam's Razor?
Here is the "simpler explanation", maybe:
Current management of Yamaha overseeing jet boat production is clueless about boats.

--

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is my $0.02 on the matter. For starters, mother Yamaha is apparently staying up with this forum, how do we know, how else would they have seen the photos of the 210 FSH on here from a member. Second, being a business owner, a small one at that, I do nothing in exchange for nothing from big corporations. If I had a pic and they requested it to be removed, they owe me something in return as the photo was/is mine etc. For them not to include us (speaking as the forum group and it's moderators) in a big release means they never intended for us to be there in the first place and are of little significance to them in the big scheme of things. I for one really like what I have seen photo wise of the 210 FSH however I am far from ready to pull the trigger because I want an honest review I can trust of it first which I would have received had our mods been at the reveal and I would have ordered one this morning in my conversation with my local dealer vs waiting for their inventory to arrive so I can go have a look then decide. I am certain I am not the only one who feels this way. Now I love my 212X and am not ready to jump ship (see what I did there) just yet because I still want to play and carry passengers with ease like I currently do now. Can the FSH be made to surf, I don't see why not since we would just add bags as usual.... I don't know, maybe I am rambling but yamaha screwed the proverbial pooch on this one and by doing so it has built in that automatic reservation response like buyers remorse before I even buy...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have to assume it is patentable because it is adjusted on the fly? The fact that it is released publicly means their patent applications are complete. You can't make it public otherwise.
Is it adjustable on the fly? I haven't seen any details but from the videos I've seen it seems the nozzles are simply turned inward and not electronically adjustable or controlled (although that would be cool).

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it adjustable on the fly? I haven't seen any details but from the videos I've seen it seems the nozzles are simply turned inward and not electronically adjustable or controlled (although that would be cool).
The video stated that it's always on so sounds like it it's fixed

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Which means it sounds hard to patent, or there is something more to this..., or the marketing guys have over hyped it (the latter never happens!) LOL

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Heck Surf gates and surf tabs are patented but they are basically extended or horizontal trim tabs lol. My guess is the Wake model nozzles may have different shaped nozzles (ala patent pending) and we have seen from the diagrams they aim them closer to the center of the Wake but don't seem adjustable. We wouldn't have to be speculating if Yamaha would have invited JBN :banghead::D

Last edited:

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's a fixed position, not adjustable per my dealer/mother Yamaha. C'mon nothing is ever over marketed @Julian?!?!?!

upload_2017-8-30_15-9-0.png

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Which means it sounds hard to patent, or there is something more to this..., or the marketing guys have over hyped it (the latter never happens!) LOL
Seems odd to me. In the video posted here it looks like the boat is moving slow in relation to the amount of jet thrust coming from the pumps. If that's the case then wouldn't top speed and efficiency take a hit?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seems odd to me. In the video posted here it looks like the boat is moving slow in relation to the amount of jet thrust coming from the pumps. If that's the case then wouldn't top speed and efficiency take a hit?
I would think so too. that would be like run toe in on rear tires. Maybe that's why they are calling it a wake boat LOL
Don't most wake boats go 35 tops. But they are pushing A LOT more weight.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Here is my $0.02 on the matter. For starters, mother Yamaha is apparently staying up with this forum, how do we know, how else would they have seen the photos of the 210 FSH on here from a member. Second, being a business owner, a small one at that, I do nothing in exchange for nothing from big corporations. If I had a pic and they requested it to be removed, they owe me something in return as the photo was/is mine etc. For them not to include us (speaking as the forum group and it's moderators) in a big release means they never intended for us to be there in the first place and are of little significance to them in the big scheme of things. I for one really like what I have seen photo wise of the 210 FSH however I am far from ready to pull the trigger because I want an honest review I can trust of it first which I would have received had our mods been at the reveal and I would have ordered one this morning in my conversation with my local dealer vs waiting for their inventory to arrive so I can go have a look then decide. I am certain I am not the only one who feels this way. Now I love my 212X and am not ready to jump ship (see what I did there) just yet because I still want to play and carry passengers with ease like I currently do now. Can the FSH be made to surf, I don't see why not since we would just add bags as usual.... I don't know, maybe I am rambling but yamaha screwed the proverbial pooch on this one and by doing so it has built in that automatic reservation response like buyers remorse before I even buy...
It may be easier to surf on fish due to the amount of floor space for proper ballast placement!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm having a hard time with perspective from the pictures but to me it looks like the graphic of the nozzle angle is from the water line perspective & the pumps are tilted (twisted) on their axis rather than being angled towards the center line of the boat, which is what some of the comments imply. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the comments or the picture or both but this does seem like a new way of configuring the jet pump. It doesn't seem to do much for the jet wash but that's a different argument.

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As for the influence of this site, after seeing Yamaha's response to swatskis misfortune I think it's one & done with Yamaha jet boats for me. My little 195 is exactly what I wanted and I'm perfectly happy with it but I will not buy another one from a company with such poor customer service. I've also learned a lot about the rotax problems from this site so I don't think I'll be going that route in the future either. We do have a 1995 family pontoon boat with the original Yamaha 2 stroke approaching 1600 hrs so I would not shy away from another Yamaha outboard. Maybe that's what they're counting on? Just my $.02