• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shelbyville Illinois, July 29th to July 31st 2016

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Each of the cabins has at least one spot to put your trailer. Some of them two.
Many people get a slip, but you still need a spot to put the trailer. I always trailer my boat. Makes for easier time hauling things back and forth, especially with all the kids!
Is there room to park my boat and truck in front of one the motel rooms? I don't remember seeing anyone do that last year.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Is there room to park my boat and truck in front of one the motel rooms? I don't remember seeing anyone do that last year.
Not in front so much but along the sides there. I am sure that since we book the whole place we will find you a spot.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@scot71 We're in the Cedar Cabin, which appears to have a big parking area in front of it. If someone can confirm there is room for 2 trailers, you are welcome to park by us if there isn't room at the Inn.

I hope to get a slip, but it sounds like that is similar to buying concert tickets... you can call first thing in the morning the day they go on sale, and still hear that they are sold out. o_O

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone camp, and if so what are the campgrounds like? Showers, power, etc? We cant make bimini this year so maybe we can make this one!

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@scot71 We're in the Cedar Cabin, which appears to have a big parking area in front of it. If someone can confirm there is room for 2 trailers, you are welcome to park by us if there isn't room at the Inn.

I hope to get a slip, but it sounds like that is similar to buying concert tickets... you can call first thing in the morning the day they go on sale, and still hear that they are sold out. o_O
Thank you so much @Bill D for the offer. I may definitely take you up on that. I sent an e-mail to the marina to inquire about a slip, we'll see what happens.

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone camp, and if so what are the campgrounds like? Showers, power, etc? We cant make bimini this year so maybe we can make this one!
We camped last year and found it to be a really nice campground.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@scot71 It sounds like the marina starts taking slip reservations on March 1, nothing until then... but they may also have a dry dock area where you can leave your boat on the trailer? However it works out, I'm sure the group will take care of each other. :)

If you hear anything back, keep us updated!

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@scot71 It sounds like the marina starts taking slip reservations on March 1, nothing until then... but they may also have a dry dock area where you can leave your boat on the trailer? However it works out, I'm sure the group will take care of each other. :)

If you hear anything back, keep us updated!
Thanks for the info, and I'll definitely let everyone know if I hear anything

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

We have gotten the cedar cabin twice and both times had my ss and my BIL 25' Baja. Have to be good but it works.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If all else fails I have off site cabins 3 and 4 with ample parking. Put it out front and we will keep an eye on it.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Since we do have the whole place to ourselves, you should have no problem parking your boat somewhere on the grounds. Last year when I arrived Nancy told me I could just park in the big open area between one of the motel buildings and my cabin. I ended up just parking right next to the cabin since there was plenty of room. All the guys that get slips also just find a spot for their trailer as well. Nancy has no problem with trailers on the grass.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I'm curious. Of those of you that stay at Lithia resort. Do you usually rent a slip or is there an area where we could park the boat if we were taking it out daily?
Only way to go , they sell ice and subway at the dock you can't go wrong !

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just an FYI, if you are not on the ball March 1st, most slips will be gone by noon.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We are planning on coming again. But damn. I thought we had to wait until march or something to book with lithia.....looks like everything may be booked up....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We are planning on coming again. But damn. I thought we had to wait until march or something to book with lithia.....looks like everything may be booked up....
That's just for the slips. You can book at the resort anytime.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Sounds good. I will be calling today,party of 4 me the wife, 2daughters. 13 and 17

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Houseboat rentals are not available, just heard back from the marina. Checking for Cabin availability.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Uh-oh...hope you can find a space Tad.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just called the resort and it looks like they are all booked. Has anyone ever stayed next door? I was given their neighbors number to check in with them on availability. I would drag the fifth wheel out but man that would be an expensive trip between towing the boat with one truck and the fifth wheel with the other.