• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Shelbyville Illinois, July 29th to July 31st 2016

Gregory's is definitely close, but I haven't stayed there. I know a few members have. I would say it's wortha call to see what they have available.

Looks like Gregorys mailbox is full...anyone know of any other places to try?

I stayed at http://www.theshelbyinn.com/ last year it was nice but a bit further away from the group. On Saturday night it didn't matter since the activities were in town.

I docked my boat at lithia springs marina , but you could easily launch from the Shelbyville Dam West Access Area.

Gregory's is right next door. It's actually closer to the action than some of the cabins on Lithia grounds. Several attendees stay there every year.

@OperationROL I would be fine staying there but can't get a hold of anyone and get a mailbox is full message.

Give them some time. They had some flooding in the area and some of the places are somewhat seasonal. That and they probably have 25 people from the darn jetboaters group trying to all book at once! :thumbsup:

@OperationROL I would be fine staying there but can't get a hold of anyone and get a mailbox is full message.
Yeah, they all take vacation around this time, so it is hard to get a hold of anyone. Keep trying and I am sure someone will post when they get a hold of them. If not, there are so many other places that are a few more minutes out of the way but nothing is too far in Shelbyville. Are you for sure coming?

As long as we find accomidations, yes we are for sure coming. Now if summer could hurry up!

Does anyone camp, and if so what are the campgrounds like? Showers, power, etc? We cant make bimini this year so maybe we can make this one!
How's it looking @skrip345 ? Are you making it down?

Well with no houseboat availability, I managed to get the last hotel room they had. It won't hold all of us so I'm still looking for two additional rooms. If we find a large enough place for 3 families, I'll give u the room.

I will say we are a little disappointed in the marina. I inquired on line and by phone a total of 7 times about houseboat availability, starting back in October of last year. I just heard back last week. The response was quite cryptic and it came in multiple emails back to me.

I've called Gregory's as well with the same response as others.

We'll see. There are a few names that I do not see yet. I am hoping they will chime in soon. Also, @Sheboat, do you know if Bill is coming this year? @MutherTucker, do you know if Nate and/or Lee is coming this year? If anyone has others coming that are bringing a boat, let me know, so I can add them to the list and to the correspondence once we get that far.

Last edited:
Alright, just heard back from gregorys via email and we have a room reserved!

28th-31st

We'll see. There are a few names that I do not see yet. I am hoping they will chime in soon. Also, @Sheboat, do you know if Bill is coming this year? @MutherTucker, do you know if Nate and/or Lee is coming this year? If anyone has others coming that are bringing a boat, let me know, so I can add them to the list and to the correspondence once we get that far.

Nate is definitely in!!! We are houseboating the entire weekend prior and through the week!

It's official. I have Duck cabin and hotel room #3. Should be 9 of us again. I see on the first page Justin G. Has Duck?.?. We'll make it work.

Last edited:
Back