• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

Installing my own snaps! Was a little scared since i had never done before but now i think we got this.
Making straps so i don't have snaps on the back of my boat for the cockpit cover.
1468723929784-1496434579.jpg

Installing my own snaps! Was a little scared since i had never done before but now i think we got this.
Making straps so i don't have snaps on the back of my boat for the cockpit cover.
View attachment 41790
So how do these straps work????

So how do these straps work????
Well, the idea is to have the snaps snap onto the snap on cover snaps. They are put to the inside of a looped end, which means the snap isn't rubbing against the boat at all, just the fabric.
Then, the strap goes to the underside of the boat. This is where I need to decide if I'm going to have each strap go to a specific screw in snap (yes I have plenty of 5200) or tied somehow to things like the ladder or tie down hooks. I'm extremely leery of drilling holes so there will be a lot of measuring and testing before any of that goes on! A total of 9 straps/snaps to do this with but then I won't have any snaps where we all jump off the back of the boat.

Was in London this week and saw some cool cars parked on the street (no garages in these neighborhoods). Sent pics to my kid and he knows the make and model and top speed right away. Yesterday I got to show him some of the cars that i know by heart at the classic car show.

London super cars:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

More my style, some 60's Chevy muscle cars:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Why not just put snaps along the edge of the first step and then have loose fabric laying over the last part of the swim deck? It probably wouldn't be that loose with the arc of the step holding it in place?

Why not just put snaps along the edge of the first step and then have loose fabric laying over the last part of the swim deck? It probably wouldn't be that loose with the arc of the step holding it in place?
Looser than you think and would get wind whipped all over the back step while driving for sure.
This is how it looks with the pole up pretty high due to rain wanting to pool. Need it secured!
1468762334546-1734693948.jpg
It pulls down past the black hydroturf when the pole isn't so high but i had to bring it up extra high because the rear snaps aren't in to keep things snug. I am sure i will post this afternoon when i get a bit more done.

@Speedling
Loose without the poles would be okay because you won't be driving. So I would put the snaps just under the rub rail. Out of the way and should never be hot in sun, and on back of leg, because of lake water. Still tight while trailering. My two cents.

@Speedling
Loose without the poles would be okay because you won't be driving. So I would put the snaps just under the rub rail. Out of the way and should never be hot in sun, and on back of leg, because of lake water. Still tight while trailering. My two cents.
Just tied up the straps to the back of the boat instead of doing any drilling. I think i will try it all out during the Cumberland and Shelbyville trip and see how it does.
20160717_121800.jpg
Don't think i could stretch ot down below the rub rail. If i had planned ahead to do that i maybe could have stretched it a bit but i got this thing pretty tight.

That's a good idea. If it works I would stick with that. Less of the snap holes, the better. I like bow and cockpit covers but not the snaps required.

That's a good idea. If it works I would stick with that. Less of the snap holes, the better. I like bow and cockpit covers but not the snaps required.
I tried figuring out the bow in a similar fashion but grew impatient and drilled the holes. The back platform is really the only spot where the snaps are invasive.

@Rana needed AP teacher training so we are giving the kids a city experience this week. Just picked up dinner from Whole Foods #1. Who recognizes the skyline?

image.jpeg

That lit up building looks very much like Frost Tower in Austin.

That lit up building looks very much like Frost Tower in Austin.

You got it. We are hanging out on 6th Street this week.

Austin TX

EDIT: darned, I was late.

Drinks at the Lava Lounge under the Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney... er uh Disney Springs now, or for the older guys the old Pleasure Island 20160717_204945.jpg

Back