• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nothing quite like 60k lbs of mass vibrating at ~7hz. Support system designed so transmit nearly ZERO force into the ground. Spent the day putting strain gages on the machine to verify FEA work done during design.

View attachment 165704
What is this used for?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is this used for?
It screens about 100 tons per hour of wood chips. Separates large pieces from small pieces. Small pieces go on to other parts of the process to end up as wood pellets. Large pieces get sent back through a grinder to try again.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The scene at Costco for gas, my bad for wanting to buy it at noon on a Friday. 20 pumps in all so it only took a few minutes to get to the pump from the time I pulled in. In fact I think I spent more time pumping gas.

By the way this is considered the “cheap” premium gas around here. I’ve included a pic of prices at a non-Costco gas station I passed on the way home to illustrate my point.
CB0BA864-AAFC-44D8-BB06-5537C2369499.jpegA1768661-018D-4EE0-A6F2-A4C6D810CC39.jpeg8E79C437-D1D5-4C9F-B654-F54E3442FC77.jpegE081D463-A084-4BE7-A88E-C7B2A26EF189.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Ronnie, Every time I go to the California I am shocked by the high cost of gas. I'm guessing its a combination of high gas delivery prices AND high gas taxes?

I know here is Southeastern PA we are currently at $3.55. I usually fill up my truck in MD or DE, as the gas prices (due to taxes) are 20 - 25 cents a gallon lower and it adds up to a few bucks with my 33 gallon tank!

Jim

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Jim_in_Delaware , I have never been able to understand why gas is so much more expensive in CA other than supply and demand and taxes since a lot of oil is shipped and refined to gas here in CA. I just got gas for my other car at a non-Costco station and was surprised that it cost less there than at Costco.
image.jpg

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@Ronnie, Every time I go to the California I am shocked by the high cost of gas. I'm guessing its a combination of high gas delivery prices AND high gas taxes?

I know here is Southeastern PA we are currently at $3.55. I usually fill up my truck in MD or DE, as the gas prices (due to taxes) are 20 - 25 cents a gallon lower and it adds up to a few bucks with my 33 gallon tank!

Jim
It's not high delivery prices. We live within 20 miles of all the major refineries. In CA, it goes by average income in your area. The farther you are from the refineries, the cheaper the gas. Corporate FN greed.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is interesting. So California state gas tax is 9 cents per gallon higher than here in southeastern PA yet gas is almost $1 (95 cents) a gallon higher!

Jim
I find it ironic that crude oil is shipped to nearby ports, is processed into fuel at nearby refineries than its not only trucked but piped to nearby cites and bases, yet gas is more expensive than if I bought it 200 miles away in Reno, Nevada, land locked Nevada.
95BCCCB4-E589-40BD-B936-FD676316DD24.png
Anyway, prayer of serenity and move on, right?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
3C002948-8CAE-46B0-9C9C-52890B647E63.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The scene at Costco for gas, my bad for wanting to buy it at noon on a Friday. 20 pumps in all so it only took a few minutes to get to the pump from the time I pulled in. In fact I think I spent more time pumping gas.

By the way this is considered the “cheap” premium gas around here. I’ve included a pic of prices at a non-Costco gas station I passed on the way home to illustrate my point.
View attachment 165773View attachment 165774View attachment 165775View attachment 165776
@Jim_in_Delaware , I have never been able to understand why gas is so much more expensive in CA other than supply and demand and taxes since a lot of oil is shipped and refined to gas here in CA. I just got gas for my other car at a non-Costco station and was surprised that it cost less there than at Costco.
View attachment 165777
20211024_075826.jpg

I am about as far away as you can get from a refinery up here. Thats just robbery.
Prices here.

20211024_070500.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wife got an email today about a boat show and forwarded it to me

Good Afternoon,

Are you still looking for a boat? We are hearing with the lack of boats that will be available next season, the Chicago Boat Show is being cancelled. If you need a boat, the time to order or buy is now. The sooner you order, the better pricing you’ll receive and the sooner you’ll have your boat. We do have quite a few new boats on display right now and more are coming in weekly.
We will be having another huge boat show at our Skipperbud’s in Antioch, IL from January 12th – 16th 2022, like we did last year. There will be over 70 boats on display for you to see. We’ll have mostly new and some used. We have two big showrooms here so you’ll be indoors where it’s warm. We do take trades and offer financing. If you buy an in stock boat, we will store it for the winter and you can take delivery of it in the Spring so no need to worry about storage fees.
Call or email me now to set an appointment to stop in or let me know if you’re going to attend our January show and I can send you out an email reminder with all of the hours. Hope to talk to you soon!

with this response

Line us up for a new Yammi

I just wish she wasn't yankin my chain

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
are you sure there wasn't a wizard nearby fighting some dementors?
Unfortunately he won't last long as its hunting season and someone will nail him as he's so easy to see. He was already the most nervous deer I've ever seen (and we have deer in our yard EVERY DAY multiple times a day-living just off the state park)