• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Skated out of work to have lunch with the wife and kids. Classic Ron Burgundy.
IMG_4757.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The water temp is 39° right now…. The only way I’d ever consider getting in water like that is if there was a decent cup of coffee waiting for me afterwards

View attachment 212913
My coffee maker used to be brand spanking new like that one. 35 years later…still running just fine. I left mine on this morning.
Was out in the woods tapping trees today. Cold with a biting North wind. Came home to warm up and saw these.
My coffee maker made homemade soup and focaccia. And also went out to get the wood and made the fire. They don’t make fully optioned coffee makers like that any more. Lol

91D4106A-C72A-463C-BA3A-C2E64D7D5FB9.jpeg

93D78248-EE6A-4215-BD3C-370E5B5CC444.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
My coffee maker used to be brand spanking new like that one. 35 years later…still running just fine. I left mine on this morning.
Was out in the woods tapping trees today. Cold with a biting North wind. Came home to warm up and saw these.
My coffee maker made homemade soup and focaccia. And also went out to get the wood and made the fire. They don’t make fully optioned coffee makers like that any more. Lol

View attachment 212921

View attachment 212922
I’m pretty sure that’s a percolator 😉. We have a running joke in my house. The one and only time my wife made me coffee before I went to work, I grabbed it and questioned what she put in it. I said for all the years we have known each other and all the coffee I drank, you never once offered to make me coffee. Now I have a “to go” cup, am I going and not coming back?

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going to be doing some stay at home stuff this holiday season, so I don't want to forget to do this. It's been a really rough last 12 weeks. Wife was diagnosed with Colon Cancer, she's been through two surgeries and is recovering well. We will have a follow up PET scan soon to get confirmation that they were able to get everything. They took her appendix, some intestine, cecum and right colon. They were able to reconstruct her bowels and prevent her from having an external bag which is amazing. This Christmas, just extremely thankful to have my best friend home and healthy. I hope everyone has a great holiday whatever it is you celebrate! From my family to yours. Merry Christmas!
redneck xmas SMALL.pngside 1 copy.jpgslide2 copy.jpg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Going to be doing some stay at home stuff this holiday season, so I don't want to forget to do this. It's been a really rough last 12 weeks. Wife was diagnosed with Colon Cancer, she's been through two surgeries and is recovering well. We will have a follow up PET scan soon to get confirmation that they were able to get everything. They took her appendix, some intestine, cecum and right colon. They were able to reconstruct her bowels and prevent her from having an external bag which is amazing. This Christmas, just extremely thankful to have my best friend home and healthy. I hope everyone has a great holiday whatever it is you celebrate! From my family to yours. Merry Christmas!
View attachment 212935View attachment 212938View attachment 212939
Wishing you, your wife and family the best holiday possible. Keep us/me informed and know we are thinking about you guys.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Star Wars fan?
IMG_4758.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
IMG_4801.jpegIMG_4800.jpegIMG_4799.jpeg
The only issue I have is that the steering won’t move when I first put in because the water in the cables is frozen. It frees up after a few minutes. Oh and the motors take several tries to get started and stay running.

Last edited:

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
2.6 for Salmon? Is that your upper limit? We wouldn’t do more than 2.0 for walleye and 2.4 salmon/ steelhead. Again that’s surface speed, do you have an “at ball” speed and temp? I any event, looks like a good day! Share use some pics of your rewards!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2.6 for Salmon? Is that your upper limit? We wouldn’t do more than 2.0 for walleye and 2.4 salmon/ steelhead. Again that’s surface speed, do you have an “at ball” speed and temp? I any event, looks like a good day! Share use some pics of your rewards!
Got skunked today… no I do not have a nighthawk, but I suppose I need to get one as the Salmon are finicky that way, main reason I posted the pic of the connext screen was tge water temp. Today I was fishing for lakers… .I started out at 1.8mph with large spoons, then went to 2.4-2.5 with brads cut plugs and some thin Glow in the dark wonder bread pattern spoons, aka salmon spoons. I got a couple of follows and that was it. looks like next week might be good again as long as the lake doesn’t ice over, then I’m going to try some head banger ghost schad in shallower water. Tomorrow looks good as well, but I will be doing some Christmas prep tomorrow. I covered the boat up tonight as it is supposed to snow and get colder starting tomorrow, then nice again next week. Who would have thought I’d be fishing, on a lake, in a boat, in South Dakota, in the mountains in late December! Not last year for sure!

Last edited:

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMG_6961.jpeg
Drove along with this guy for miles.
Watched him badly run a red light in slow motion in a car that could have easily either accelerated through or stopped within the yellow light if he’d have made any decision. Caught up to him a light or two later.
I don’t know what the transmissions are like in these but if there’s a clutch he was struggling with it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 212979
Drove along with this guy for miles.
Watched him badly run a red light in slow motion in a car that could have easily either accelerated through or stopped within the yellow light if he’d have made any decision. Caught up to him a light or two later.
I don’t know what the transmissions are like in these but if there’s a clutch he was struggling with it.
The irony of someone able to afford one of these and being a poor driver.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Repairing storm damage to lines and posts between the pump shed and the 4000 gallon storage tanks. Cut the tree off the fallen lines and reset all the lines pitch and remount to the posts. Had a dozen posts to reset.

8AF6B6C7-9BE8-4498-A7F0-68DADA837283.jpeg
F14B1C69-997C-4AE1-AD60-17CB5696C3F5.jpeg

A bit later…

9655D157-2866-4A8E-BD0A-4B44F08E065D.jpeg

And then I saw these on the driveway after.

FD4758B1-70D7-46FA-AC82-27E868E68524.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think I might just use todays calm to put the boat back in the shop…. After the forecasted weather over the next several days the lake will have ice on it. The low temps combined with the wind will pull a lot of heat out of the water. Combine that with how low the sun is in the sky this time of year and the 38° water temp and things should ice up quickly.

Loving the bonus days ! Those three days this week brought me up to 40 boating days this season.

4431AE19-5820-4715-A425-DDCE735CD3E6.jpeg

Last edited: