• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
15604647945296974780544615710846.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WTF was that!!! Is that person ok (the one wake surfing)???
Yea I think she was ok and luckily laid backwards just in time. Crazy!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I See the undercarriage of an 06 Chevy Duramax 4x4. The Pitman arm sheared Wednesday as I was parellel parking at the Marina. Got a tow home. I believe it was original to the truck as it came out like a 13-14 year old part. It was a bitch, mainly due to the lack of access for the puller to get in there. A crossmember supporting the front lower control arm pivot point is a few inches below. Many videos on-line say you need to remove the steering box to change the pitman arm. What a hassle! This is a standard pitman arm puller.

20190614_093215.jpg

The black threaded part is too long to fit in there with the crossmember the way it is. I chose to try shortening the bolt instead of removing the steering box. I went to Ace Hardware and found a 16mmx1.25 thread 50mm long bolt to replace the long black puller bolt and that gave me just enough clearence to get the puller in. I broke one puller before I got it halfway off and had to buy another and bent that one. The bolt with a new puller finished the removal. It took longer than expected as I had to cut off nearly every bolt off the plow frame with a torch to remove it in order to gain wrench access. Happy it came out finally, I was second guessing taking on this project a few times, but I stuck with it. Glad I did, no bloody nuckles. I have done them before, but not like this one. I used the 1/2" and 3/4" drive sockets and a big ball peen hammer and two pullers. Now the easy part of putting it all back together.

20190614_165405.jpg

Last edited:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The undercarriage of an 06 Chevy Duramax 4x4. The Pitman arm sheared Wednesday as I was parellel parking at the Marina. Got a tow home. I believe it was original to the truck as it came out like a 13-14 year old part. It was a bitch, mainly due to the lack of access for the puller to get in there. A crossmember supporting the front lower control arm pivot point is a few inches below. Many videos on-line say you need to remove the steering box to change the pitman arm. What a hassle! This is a standard pitman arm puller.

View attachment 96902

The black threaded part is too long to fit in there with the crossmember the way it is. I chose to try shortening the bolt instead of removing the steering box. I went to Ace Hardware and found a 16mmx1.25 thread 50mm long bolt to replace the long black puller bolt and that gave me just enough clearence to get the puller in. I broke one puller before I got it halfway off and had to buy another and bent that one. The bolt with a new puller finished the removal. It took longer than expected as I had to cut off nearly every bolt off the plow frame with a torch to remove it in order to gain wrench access. Happy it came out finally, I was second guessing taking on this project a few times, but I stuck with it. Glad I did, no bloody nuckles. I have done them before, but not like this one. I used the 1/2" and 3/4 drive sockets and a big ball peen hammer and two pullers. Now the easy part of putting it all back together.

View attachment 96905
Nice job man. I've have a few fun ones like that in the past. As you said, sometimes you reach a point where you're not sure how it's going to end. ("I NEED this thing to get me to work on Monday.") Good job pushing through and getting 'er done!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finished getting the boat ready to go this weekend but the weather won't cooperate.

Gray skies, 55 degrees F, and a 30% chance of rain in the middle of the afternoon is not my idea of boating weather.

Next weekend doesn't look much better.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We pulled into Shelburne Shipyard just south of Burlington, today, to get a pump out since our marina, free pumpouts, is not quite done yet. It was the second day of the LCI fishing derby Celebrate Family, Friends, & Fishing! | Lake Champlain International. One of the weigh in stations is the red tent behind the Yamaha banner. We watched a boat come in, weigh in a 24" ish Salmon, I know "a fish story right" and run to the end of the dock hootin and hollerin as they released the fish. Catch and release derby. Shelburne shipyard is probably the oldest shipyard/marina on the Lake as they used to build and repair steam paddlewheelers there in the 1800's. One can be seen at the Shelburne Museum a few miles away. Steamboat Ticonderoga - Shelburne Museum It can still haul out/repair the big boats as seen in the background, as one of the Ferries is in dry dock.

20190616_130440.jpg

You can see the skyline of Burlington in the distance. And Georgia Mtn. beyond that. The guys I sell my sap to.

20190616_185244.png

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw Barenaked Ladies and Hootie and the Blowfish this weekend. Man what a show! If the concert comes near you I highly recommend. I first saw Hootie when I was stationed in Charleston right around end of '92 beginning of '93. We used to frequent this bar called The Music Farm. Cover charge was $5. Hootie was playing one night and we caught that show. I can remember like it was yesterday him closing with that Wilson Picket song Mustang Sally.IMG_4237.jpegIMG_5344.jpegIMG_5346.jpegIMG_5384.jpeg

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Loaded up and ready to hit the road tomorrow. 5-hours to Grand Rapids to meet up with some family, and then another 3-hours to Mullet Lake Thursday around noon.

We’ll be two 242’s caravanning together, on a hopefully uneventful drive.

I’ll be honest, I’m a little gun-shy after last year’s family vacation. The good news is, if I break this boat I can now move up to a 27’....

E454EC7D-D638-4DCC-8D4F-7BC4F5E91482.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Splicing Eyes into a few new 5/8" 3 strand dock lines.

20190618_223528.jpg

We have found that 3 strand lasts longer than yachtbraid when it comes to chafing of lines in windy conditions in the slip.

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Out in West Texas on business and had to drive from Lubbock to Amarillo. Decided to swing by Palo Duro Canyon and get a late afternoon hike in. Not very many people there on a mid week afternoon.
IMG_4335.jpegIMG_4328.jpegIMG_4348.jpegIMG_4351.jpeg

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks like a green Sedona, AZ! Gorgeous!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length