• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
will look into it. Moving into a new house was thinking about just building a pit but this looks really nice

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a wood burning fire pit, not gas. Called a Solo Stove Yukon firepit and it rocks! Bought it earlier this year and have sold more people on getting their own after sitting around ours. Low smoke, gets nice and warm, awesome flames, looks cool... Only complaint is it eats firewood fast because the way air flows thru it so well. Not cheap for a firepit, but can't imagine we'd buy another as well as this is made (all stainless).
Check them out here: solostove.com
If you (or anyone here) wants a referral code for a sm. discount (only $15) just let me know.
After 10 years with my son in scouts the first thing I thought was, "having that stinky firepit right next the house, the smoke will be there for weeks", very interested to hear that this has "limited" smoke factor and after looking at the website these guys are right down the street from me,

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
After 10 years with my son in scouts the first thing I thought was, "having that stinky firepit right next the house, the smoke will be there for weeks", very interested to hear that this has "limited" smoke factor and after looking at the website these guys are right down the street from me,

I also have the Solo Stove Yukon. It’s probably 1/4 the smoke of a traditional campfire (of course assuming dry seasoned wood), but certainly not smoke-free. I have it directly on my composite deck with zero issues. Would also recommend the spark arrester top. Pricey for sure, but I have no doubt it will last my lifetime.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A cut down 55 gallon drum and some landscaping stones is all you need for a top quality fire pit!! The key is you can’t make the fire pit very deep. The drum needs to be cut to 12” deep. That allows plenty of oxygen to fuel the fire. Any deeper it will starve for oxygen. You can use some blocks under the drum to raise it to a higher level if you want. That’s what I did.

79B14533-497C-4158-8F29-5D96BCED7515.jpeg56CDC779-E041-46D5-A9AB-D3AE76CCC4A0.jpeg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ghetto version my grandpa had up in his property was a old washing machine drum. Breathes well, but definitely not smokeless... I'm sure there's a bit more science behind the Solo engineering.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A cut down 55 gallon drum and some landscaping stones is all you need for a top quality fire pit!! The key is you can’t make the fire pit very deep. The drum needs to be cut to 12” deep. That allows plenty of oxygen to fuel the fire. Any deeper it will starve for oxygen. You can use some blocks under the drum to raise it to a higher level if you want. That’s what I did.

View attachment 137426View attachment 137427
nice. where would one get a drum? And what tools to cut it?

The solo smokeless angle is what intrigues me!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Intrigues me too. Shame they're all on backorder.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I got a used drum off craigslist. Used an angle grinder with a metal cutoff wheel to cut 12" of the bottom off.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had help at the wood pile today.

20201120_130931.jpg

She can drive the boats and the wood splitter...10 cords to split.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bull. Hoping for a heifer but it’s alive, so I’ll take it.
Been watching dr pol on nat geo this week, glad you didn't have to pull him!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bull. Hoping for a heifer but it’s alive, so I’ll take it.
Been watching dr pol on nat geo this week, glad you didn't have to pull him!
Always like it when they calf on their own. I have had my arms in places most will not. Up to my shoulder at times. Both cows and sheep to reposition and pull. Farming...

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length

I will actually have another scrap basket after thanksgiving. I get a few of these a year, warranty replacements for the manufacture due to a slight diameter issue at the top. I usually toss them. The stainless is decent, and seems as if it would hold up to fire temps.

Speed Queen #39387P Washer ASSY TUB-SHORT-SS W/HOLES - Commercial Speed Queen Laundry Parts