• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got 2 full days of cutting down and burning.
Everything is cut all the way to the creek. 75% burnt up cept the bamboo which is piled up everywhere and will be put through the new wood chipper which gets here tomorrow.
There is still a shitload of bamboo stumps to cut down. Now we can see more of the creek from the deck and we see more deer
View attachment 213542View attachment 213543View attachment 213544View attachment 213545View attachment 213546
Dunno if it would work, but to me, it'd be worth a shot - get the 51% glyphosate refill, and a sponge brush, and "paint" every stump, if possible. Add some coloring, either food coloring, if it mixes in, or some blue marker dye used for herbicide/pesticide applications.

Not certain if Triclopyr is also rated for bamboo, but if so, I'd add that to the mix - it is a compatible tank blend with glyphosate. I use that combo on willow stumps and poison ivy/oak

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dude! Again with the awesome wildlife pics!

The tail is very hawk like, think Japanese fan, like a Cooper’s hawk.
For the first time, we’ve got a Cooper’s hawk in the neighborhood in spite of our healthy red-tailed hawk population. He’s in my yard once or twice a week watching the birdfeeder. I haven’t gotten a good shot of him yet, but I will! And you’re right, very similar tail markings.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Coult! What are you using to capture those great images?
I have a Canon R6, and up until this week I’ve been using an RF 800mm F11 lens which i loved. But i just upgraded to the brand new RF 200-800mm lens that Canon released last month. I’ve had it for about a week and it’s fantastic. I shoot in Raw format and I edit with Lightroom which lets me get colors as accurate as possible, and clean up a little noise if the lighting sucks. Or i can crank up the colors a little if we’re going to print something and put it on the shelf, like this one from Yellowstone in late September. It was a beautiful spot, but not QUITE that colorful!

EL2A3559-Enhanced-NR-3.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hunkering down today and prepping the generator for a power outage. Heavy wet snow and high winds are forecast for this afternoon.
20240109_071142.jpg

Screenshot_20240109-070920_AccuWeather.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dunno if it would work, but to me, it'd be worth a shot - get the 51% glyphosate refill, and a sponge brush, and "paint" every stump, if possible. Add some coloring, either food coloring, if it mixes in, or some blue marker dye used for herbicide/pesticide applications.

Not certain if Triclopyr is also rated for bamboo, but if so, I'd add that to the mix - it is a compatible tank blend with glyphosate. I use that combo on willow stumps and poison ivy/oak
I have cleared another area of bamboo years ago and once they are cut, they deteriorate quick so not really worried after i cut close to the ground

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
IMG_4900.png

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Good ride home…
IMG_4901.png

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got 2 full days of cutting down and burning.
Everything is cut all the way to the creek. 75% burnt up cept the bamboo which is piled up everywhere and will be put through the new wood chipper which gets here tomorrow.
There is still a shitload of bamboo stumps to cut down. Now we can see more of the creek from the deck and we see more deer
View attachment 213542View attachment 213543View attachment 213544View attachment 213545View attachment 213546
Burning bamboo is fun. Need a really hot fire and stand back as it explodes.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Burning bamboo is fun. Need a really hot fire and stand back as it explodes.
Not burning the fresh bamboo, only the old dried out splintered stuff and even some of that pops pretty good. I am chipping up the bamboo into mulch.

TommyMcK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have a Canon R6, and up until this week I’ve been using an RF 800mm F11 lens which i loved. But i just upgraded to the brand new RF 200-800mm lens that Canon released last month. I’ve had it for about a week and it’s fantastic. I shoot in Raw format and I edit with Lightroom which lets me get colors as accurate as possible, and clean up a little noise if the lighting sucks. Or i can crank up the colors a little if we’re going to print something and put it on the shelf, like this one from Yellowstone in late September. It was a beautiful spot, but not QUITE that colorful!
Very cool! I have an R5 and the RF100-500.

Lots of Ospreys and a few Eagles hang around my pier...

276A2950-croppedC.jpg

276A2949-B.jpg

276A3119.jpg