• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spotted a 212X at Haulover taking one for the team

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The entire video is good but at 2:00 in the video is the Yamaha.

The girl on Pegasus took a hard spill too o_O

The guy at 4:13 had me moving uncomfortably in my couch. I was fully expecting to see him head butt the windshield or get whiplash :D

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love watching that guy's videos. Those people who lay out on the bow are out of their minds.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm watching thinking "yeh, I don't think I'd be taking my 19' through there...at least not with the family" and then the guys in the 17' deck boat with an Evenrude 50 go through...

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was watching the deck boat just thinking... maybe... just maybe I’m about to see water go over the bow.:eek:

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yeah, Deck boat followed by the rescue helicopter. :D

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some people have more money than brains. I dont think id be beating my boat up like that. Might be time to find a new boat ramp.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
And people wonder why the group doesn't leave from Haulover for the Bimini gathering :D. This place always looks rough and massive swells! I could not imagine my boat in that stuff.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love watching those videos. There is something that keeps my attention video after video. For us inlanders, it does help demonstrate the difference in the hull design of an offshore boat! WOW!

We only see swells like that on Lake of the Woods. And when it gets that big, we stay on dry land. I know my boats limitations.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that inlet just always wave heavy like that? Is there a current causing it? I see on the opposite shore it's a common place to go hang out and watch the boats.

The only time we get waves like that around here is on the Ohio after the "Thunder over Louisville" fireworks show that kicks off the Derby Celebrations. Typically get 100 or so boats in the Ohio right near downtown, and they all want to blast off and head up river as soon as the show is over. The local PD and Coast Guard units do a good job of keeping the temp no wake zone enforced for a mile or so, but after that it's game on.....in the dark. There is a small boat that gets capsized about every other year or so from it. We went one year, and ended up waiting like 2 hours after the show to leave because of it. That was back in our little 18ft Rinker. The Yamaha might do better, but with a newborn and a 6yr old, I'll be skipping again for a few years.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is that inlet just always wave heavy like that? Is there a current causing it? I see on the opposite shore it's a common place to go hang out and watch the boats.

The only time we get waves like that around here is on the Ohio after the "Thunder over Louisville" fireworks show that kicks off the Derby Celebrations. Typically get 100 or so boats in the Ohio right near downtown, and they all want to blast off and head up river as soon as the show is over. The local PD and Coast Guard units do a good job of keeping the temp no wake zone enforced for a mile or so, but after that it's game on.....in the dark. There is a small boat that gets capsized about every other year or so from it. We went one year, and ended up waiting like 2 hours after the show to leave because of it. That was back in our little 18ft Rinker. The Yamaha might do better, but with a newborn and a 6yr old, I'll be skipping again for a few years.
ZipZap has a great YouTube channel. A lot of his content is from Haulover. Most times it looks pretty rough with heavy waves stacked on each other. Ive only seen a few videos where it looked sort of calm...ish :D

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
This looks like so much fun! Lemme take my tower off first and let's make a day of it! My kids would probably be on the front trying to get airborn

m1jeff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Haulover depends on the tides. It really rips in and out of the cut. A strong east wind and an outgoing tide equals the large standing waves you see. It's really not very deep either, so that adds to the situation.

I used to go out through there a fair amount, in everything from an inflatable with a 9.9 hp outboard to a 40 foot commercial boat. Go figure, the worst trip was in the 40 footer. Captain stuffed it and buried the bow.

I guess that's the morbid fascination with watching the ZipZap Power channel...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All these big boats banging on the waves! Yamaha SX190 makes an appearance @ 8:33 too!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length