• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's Trending...(online)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love the message! It took me 40 minutes to break myself from the TikTok time-suck... 🥴
LOL...I always feel like a chump for watching anything on TikTok, but this was too good not to share.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zipper I thought of you when I watched this one! Wow this is quite the project!!!

I've subscribed to their channel for quite a while, and they have some super interesting stuff they do, I haven't been checking out YouTube nearly as much, but those folks are worth subscribing to their channel.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is painful to watch (starts at 5 min).....the audio is a little annoying....but this poor new boater should just ask for help!!!! Crazy thing is he is offered help...and turns it down....

I guess there are no classes in reversing with a trailer....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is painful to watch (starts at 5 min).....the audio is a little annoying....but this poor new boater should just ask for help!!!! Crazy thing is he is offered help...and turns it down....

I guess there are no classes in reversing with a trailer....

Wow... I couldn't not stop watching it

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just saw this online, it may it be trending but it is recent and is an excellent reminder that although tow sports are fun they can also cause horrific injuries if not done correctly, with safety at the forefront.

The LEO interview starts at 1:57.
the Witness interview starts at 4:00 and is much more telling. Based on his account, I think the boat operator and skier are liable, big time. I hope at least one of them are insured.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie I would agree. Sounded like, after hearing the second person describe everything, that it is boat operator who was towing the skier's fault. Not good at all.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just saw this online, it may it be trending but it is recent and is an excellent reminder that although tow sports are fun they can also cause horrific injuries if not done correctly, with safety at the forefront.

The LEO interview starts at 1:57.
the Witness interview starts at 4:00 and is much more telling. Based on his account, I think the boat operator and skier are liable, big time. I hope at least one of them are insured.

The officer says something to the effect that this area is restricted for skiing only and that the inflatable shouldn't have been there....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The officer says something to the effect that this area is restricted for skiing only and that the inflatable shouldn't have been there....
But The ski boat driver should of seen them. Sounded like he was being impatient in waiting, or at least that is what the guy said. I mean just because someone is in the water in front of me where they shouldn't doesn't really mean I should mow them down. Perhaps they didn't know.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No spotter in or flag in use in the tow boat whose occupants were aware of the other boat in the area. A woman ended up getting injured, probably disfigured possibly blinded in one eye. Sounds like those guys are in big trouble in my opinion.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That does not matter...

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shouldn't powered vessels always give way to unpowered vessels? Based on that, ski boat may be the at fault party

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That does not matter...

I get that....but if this goes to court (which it probably will knowing our lovely litigious nature) as the attorney of the boat driver, if ONLY ski boats are allowed, and that is posted clearly, that will be factored in.

Now if the idiots in the ski boat intentionally ran them over....thats not going to help them.

I've never heard of a place where only ski boats are allowed....

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wow... I couldn't not stop watching it
Looks like me the day I picked up my jetskis. The problem was they set me up for failure, after about two minutes I said nope you guys are getting me out of your fenced in complex with no place to turn around and a small driveway in. It took the guy a few minutes to get them out so I felt better lol.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The ski boat operator is at fault. I did not see where the area was buoyed off to all other watercraft and the signage, multi lingual, is not enough to keep others out. The 1st rule of boating is to avoid collisions with others and not assume you have the ROW. They had to know the dinghy and it's occupants were there.

Don't get me going on the Superior court system, in Vermont. Still waiting to recieve our judgment from a case 3.5 years ago. The bast... did not appeal and refuses to pay. We had to put liens on his property with a court mandated 12% interest accruing.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is this a Yamaha jet boat? I think so but am not sure. Didn’t see a prop when it capsized and it looks like one of the swim deck compartment doors opened up as the boat capsized.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian