• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Working on your boat

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If any members need to do work on their boats and don't have the tools, skills or place to work on them or need help whom are in S.E. Lower Michigan, don't hesitate to shoot me a message. If I can help I will, I don't mind. Plus saving up the good Karma :)

Have someone coming over next week and bringing their boat and we are going to install trim tabs and fins, since they don't have a place to work and not the proper tools.

Damn wish I lived closer!!! I have to install a Garmin and keel guard and not looking forward to it, and I'm a novice

I would like to pay if forward as @HangOutdoors has done. I have tools, I have land, I have a pole barn in case it rains. I can provide temporary storage. Whatever I can do to help. I love the boating lifestyle and I think @HangOutdoors has set a great example.

For the record I am on the SW side of Indy. I am not an expert at anything, but I am pretty handy and unlike most men, I can/do read instructions. Haha

I have tools, I have land, I have a pole barn in case it rains. I can provide temporary storage.

Dude, that's a helluva setup. Beats the pants off my garage that's for certain.

Put me down too.

I'm in south Florida and have tools, space to do just about anything maintenance to engine removal.

North Central MN here. Boat won't fit in my shop, but they fit in my 40x70 pole building if you need to be indoors. Since it snows or is 70 in April, many guys got stuff to do before boat season!

I'm gonna abuse this 65 degree day and acid wash my hull before we see our first 75 degree day on Saturday!!

After seeing @HangOutdoors original post, I started to think about all the good things I have read about on this forum and all the good advice and good people. It wont inconvenience me a single bit if someone needs to pull their boat out of storage and Do some work out of the rain.I consider myself lucky to have the set up that I do and just would like to offer help to those who don't have as good a set up.

After seeing @HangOutdoors original post, I started to think about all the good things I have read about on this forum and all the good advice and good people. It wont inconvenience me a single bit if someone needs to pull their boat out of storage and Do some work out of the rain.I consider myself lucky to have the set up that I do and just would like to offer help to those who don't have as good a set up.
Going down to Monroe this weekend for first test run of this season, and my buddy swears he can help me install Garmin (not installing transducer, just want for GPS capabilities) if we are not succesful I may take you up on that offer good sir!

Good on y‘all for offering up your assistance! Awesome!

Going down to Monroe this weekend for first test run of this season, and my buddy swears he can help me install Garmin (not installing transducer, just want for GPS capabilities) if we are not succesful I may take you up on that offer good sir!
Never done it, but we can pull it in the barn and give it a shot. Lol

A big shout out to @HangOutdoors for starting this. Everyone has alot of knowledge to share, but sometimes it takes the right tools, a spare set of hands, and a dry location. We can transfer the written knowledge into physical help. Sometimes it takes a few days to do things and being able to keep the boat dry and in 1 place is extremely helpful. Sometimes a free spot in a barn on a farm saves a fellow boater thousands of dollars in storage fees.. We need to look out for each other and practice what we preach
Well done @HangOutdoors. We need more people like you.

Dry enough location Used it for the last two years. It comes up with the canopy. Mitigates UV. Always have access.

Please pray for me as I attempt to install my keel guard, already got mad just taping it up to outline it ..????
Not too bad once you get started. Have it prepped and ready to apply already

Not too bad once you get started. Have it prepped and ready to apply already
Done, maybe should have started it up a few inches closer to the bow eye but I was on a mission?

Attachments

• 20210515_135622.jpg
    20210515_135622.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210515_135849.jpg
    20210515_135849.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Done, maybe should have started it up a few inches closer to the bow eye but I was on a mission?

Dang! Can you get the hull any shinier????

Do you have an anchor locker drain? I still need to put mine on, it will be in the 80's later this week so hot enough to do it and get it all bendy. Meh I totally forgot. I want mine higher than the drain but then I am going to have to mod and cut it and chamfer it.

Back