• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha Boat,not fast enough??

One of 4 conditions I'm betting:

1. Spark Plug change (our boats are notorious for fouled plugs causing issues)

2. Dirty Hull (Julian lost 15 MPH a few years ago after leaving the boat in the water. When he cleaned it, his boat was approaching 50 again)

3. Throttle stops (I was only getting 44 ish when I first took out my current 242LS. I found that the port throttle was not getting all the way to the fully open throttle position, so I adjusted the throttle to remove all slack at WOT. She instantly started getting to the 51 MPH as advertised)

4. Banged up impellers (This is huge. However, you usually notice cavitation when the issue lies with the impellers)

One of 4 conditions I'm betting:

1. Spark Plug change (our boats are notorious for fouled plugs causing issues)

2. Dirty Hull (Julian lost 15 MPH a few years ago after leaving the boat in the water. When he cleaned it, his boat was approaching 50 again)

3. Throttle stops (I was only getting 44 ish when I first took out my current 242LS. I found that the port throttle was not getting all the way to the fully open throttle position, so I adjusted the throttle to remove all slack at WOT. She instantly started getting to the 51 MPH as advertised)

4. Banged up impellers (This is huge. However, you usually notice cavitation when the issue lies with the impellers)

UPDATE:

New Spark plugs
New oil
New oil Filters
Inspection of block and all lines, clean no pluggage.
GPS shows top speed of 34 MPH.

Up next I will be getting the hull waxed! It does stay on the water, in a dry storage although it does stay in a slip during a few days that I use her.
Going to take a look at the impellers, didn't see any obvious issues but will look into it further.
Definitely will look at the throttle stops and get back with everyone!

Happy boating 2017!

Do a test with another boat running beside you and compare speedo readings. Maybe your speedometer is off.
I was gonna say the same thing. Down load a GOS speed app and see what that says. I tbink the 13's still had the wheel speedo on the back that is never accurate.

Take everything off and look at the throttle plates at wot. Make sue they're open all the way

I didn't see anything about your elevation. I was only able to hit the upper 30's in mine, that was when i wet slipped it. After i got my lift i pulled it and the hull was literally hairy. Cleaned up and got to 46-48, but not the advertised 52. More research here, turns out my lake is at about 1300' above sea level. That can cause the ECU to make timing adjustments which affect speed. Humidity also play into that calculation.

I didn't see anything about your elevation. I was only able to hit the upper 30's in mine, that was when i wet slipped it. After i got my lift i pulled it and the hull was literally hairy. Cleaned up and got to 46-48, but not the advertised 52. More research here, turns out my lake is at about 1300' above sea level. That can cause the ECU to make timing adjustments which affect speed. Humidity also play into that calculation.
I know the feeling!!! I have 242 Limited S E and since new I top out at 45MPH max, my dealer claims is the big roof!! and that with out it I will hit 52.

I've hit 52 in perfect conditions with my GPS on the dash.......

you'll never catch me copper !!!

You are about where you should be with the non ho motors. I started at about 46-47 mph then did filter delete, short riva stacks, polished up the jet pumps some and got new impellers. Best ever was 52 but can hit 50 with wife and kids on Lake Michigan unless i am really loaded down.
Weight is the biggest killer of speed in our boats.

Still trouble shooting speed issues, but had time to put lights on her since she's undergoing surgery.

Attachments

• IMG_2117.JPG
    IMG_2117.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 22
Still trouble shooting speed issues, but had time to put lights on her since she's undergoing surgery.
Did you ever find out the issue? My ar210 only hits 39 mph too.

Lets see a photo of your lower hull....if it ain't clean....there's the rub!

Doesn’t look like the OP has been around since February of 2017.

For those who were asking the Galveston area is barely above sea level so that’s not an issue. One of Last reports was that impeller inspection was in the queue with no report back, the last post mentioned going in for surgery….

If that boat has MR-1 engines he was missing almost 2000 rpm’s at wot.

I have put the throttles at full throttle on land and the buckets appear to clear the jet outputs.
While at "39 MPH" I do have a stready RPM on each engine of 8100.
Test done in a lake.
My hole shot may have been shorter than 7 seconds I didn't really time it but I just wanted to make the point that the boat gets up great.
If its all my boat model is known to do I would be fine with it, maybe even if I was missing out on 2-3 MPH I wouldn't care. but if I'm missing out on 10 MPH I was hoping to get some of everyones suggestions.

Thanks for input fellas.
Kyle-Houston,TX
45 mph is a pretty fast 210 IMHO. Is your hull clean? Do you have any cavitation? 8100 rpm is maxed out on Rpm for a non ho mr1.

For those who were asking the Galveston area is barely above sea level so that’s not an issue. One of Last reports was that impeller inspection was in the queue with no report back, the last post mentioned going in for surgery….

That is hilarious.....thanks for pointing that out!!! Boat doesn't have MR-1.

But no point in replying to @Kyle Walker as he's not active.

The op had non ho mr1 engines that tach out around 8k

My 2011 AR210 hits 8100 RPM but still only hit 38 mph. I'll try to remove my air filters and I'll wax my boat to see if that helps any. But my boat is not dirty it's always on the trailer.

My 2011 AR210 hits 8100 RPM but still only hit 38 mph. I'll try to remove my air filters and I'll wax my boat to see if that helps any. But my boat is not dirty it's always on the trailer.
My boat is always trailered this year but the hull that sits in the water still gets a lime scale on it that is hard to see. Run your hand across the lower portion of the hull and see what it feels like. I got about 1/2 way through the season and I notice it started to get a rough feel up higher as we're wiping it down after every outing.

My boat is always trailered this year but the hull that sits in the water still gets a lime scale on it that is hard to see. Run your hand across the lower portion of the hull and see what it feels like. I got about 1/2 way through the season and I notice it started to get a rough feel up higher as we're wiping it down after every outing.

I‘ll have to check my hull today!

Back