• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

50 Miles offshore out of Port O'Connor in my sx230

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a couple of great days finishing off the red snapper season. Limited out catching a total of 6 snapper each day. We fished several different artificial reefs starting 25 miles offshore to 50 miles offshore. We also hooked into some big black tip sharks.

The boat ran great! Averaged 2 mpg with an avg speed around 30 mph. The waves were flat. We cruised in at 35 mph. It was great!

Anyone else fish offshore in their jetboat?image0000011.jpgimage0000001(4).jpgimage0000001(3).jpgimage0000001(1).jpgimage0000001(5).jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I brought an extra 20 gallons in gas cans. Had about 25 gallons left in the tank when we made it back home after adding the extra 20 gallons while we were at sea.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was some nice water, good catch

JOAN ROJAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
that's great! i'm the process of adding rod holders and a new gpa/fish finder combo so I can do the same. how was the wind and waves when u headed out?

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that's great! i'm the process of adding rod holders and a new gpa/fish finder combo so I can do the same. how was the wind and waves when u headed out?
Both days it was .5 to 1.5 ft all day long. What kind of rod holders and fish finder are you planning on adding?

JOAN ROJAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Both days it was .5 to 1.5 ft all day long. What kind of rod holders and fish finder are you planning on adding?
I've added a total of 6 thus far, 2 up front, two in the middle towards the back, and two combo cup holder and rod holder in the swim platform. will probably try to use those for throlling in the future. See my build here:

GPS/fish finder I found what i think is a really good one from GARMIN (ECHOMAP Plus g3 74sv Fishfinder/Chartplotter Combo with GT51 Transducer and US Coastal g3 Charts) on clearance from west marine, waiting on it to install it. It has downview, sideview, which is nice. my first time using sideview lets see how it goes.

I will also probably build a little rack using the back table mount of PVC, just haven't had time. Like that I can house my little 30 quart livewell along with other rod holders, knife holder etc.