• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2016 Yamaha 242X thread....(MORE photos added 6/14/19)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As many of you know I've sold my 2005 SX230 and am now awaiting the arrival of a Blue 2016 Yamaha 242X! It should arrive in the next couple of weeks (3 at the outside). What I've bought already for her or to install:

1. Xintek Fume Detector with blower control - my favorite safety mod
  2. 60" CE Smith Guide posts for trailer (needed these brackets to make them fit)
  3. 48" pads for guide posts
  4. Garmin GPSMAP 541 (now replaced with a Garmin Echomap Plus 94SV)
  5. Garmin Transducer mount and installation, and a description of how I ran the wires is here
  6. RAM mount for GPS
  7. 4 New Taylor Made blue swirl fenders and 4 blue fender lines
  8. 4 new dock lines
  9. New Anchor line (x2 now...since I donated one to Poseidon in Bimini)
  10. Deluxe Yamaha mooring cover
  11. Vinyl boat name (dimensions for my boat) from doityourselflettering.com
  12. Jetboaters.net spare tire cover (had to give the old one away to the new owner!)
  13. Stoltz bow roller
  14. 2 Dual USB charging ports (one at helm, one at passenger chair)
  15. 2 Blue Sea ST Blade fuse blocks-one for behind the helm, one for the battery compartment
  16. Wet Sounds HT-4 Amplifier for mid cabin speakers and also connected the sound bar too! (also covered some in this thread) -eliminating the speakers in series stopped the amp from cutting out!
  17. Pair of JL MX 650 Speakers for the mid cabin by the helm, and replaced the other cabin speakers with JL too.
  18. Blue Sea Systems Common 150A BusBar with Four Terminal of 20 1/4-Inch Studs with Cover, & lots of wire, ring connectors, and fuses!
  19. Helm storage Rod for hanging life jackets
  20. Target garbage can for copilot bungee spot
  21. 2 Flag poles and holders for the tower (Kwik Tek FWT-1 Wakeboard Tower Flag Holder)
  22. Mesh pocket organizers for storage closet
  23. 2nd table leg that I insert the grill into on the stern
  24. Guest Dual bank onboard charger
  25. Cable wrap to make cable runs look stock
  26. Paper towel holder in storage area
  27. 2 Amarine-made Stainless Tournament Style Clamp on Fishing Rod Holder for Rails 1-1/4" to 2"
  28. 2 Amarine stainless gunnel rod holders (30 degree...I'd go 15 next time)
  29. 25 Watt Standard Horizon Explorer GX 1600 marine radio, and Shakespeare Stainless Steel Quickconnect rail mount antenna - photos here.
  30. External VHF Speaker
  31. Portapotti (never been used...hope it stays that way!)
  32. Made my own windshield/Rainshield...and it got tested in Ft. Lauderdale and worked well!
  33. Stern Seadek added to cover more of the stepping points than stock.
  34. Inexpensive Ballast bags from Aerial ( I have their 500lb bags too)
  35. Video of how to add a 2nd bilge pump to a 242X
  36. Video of how to install Cobrasteering on a 242X
  37. Video of how to rebuild Yamaha clean out plugs.
Considering/Yet to buy:
  1. Aluminum anchor?
  2. Bow and Cockpit covers?
  3. Keel guard?
  4. Fender Locks?
As things proceed and/or I buy more stuff...I'll post up and add photos! #242XVideo

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hydrotherapy 2? The Mitchell Machine? Veedubteksspareboatwheneverhewantstouseit?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Julian I highly recommend the stoltz bow roller. My bow was already surafce scratched when I picked it up from the dealer from the stock roller. They seem to overtighten the roller from the factory bending the brackets in too far so I had to spread the brackets. I used an old piece of lolli column and they moved real easy so a large adjustable wrench should work too.

Covering it in sone fashion to protect the interior is only somthing to be regretted if you don't do it. The shipping cover should last a few seasons if you use that.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally, I got 3 heavy dock lines and 3 light dock lines. The extras come in handy (while fueling and someone in the next boat arrives with no lines, while rafting and you want to tie both sides, etc.) and spares in case one should break or get lost seemed worth the relatively low cost.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I still have a bunch of stuff from the last boat...I didn't give @Opresso everything! LOL So the two added dock lines will bring me up to 6, plus I have 2 snubber lines as well (so I have enough to tie up 4 boats!

I've been reading the Stoltz thread which is why I put that in the list.
I have anchor chain and a box anchor.
Boat should come with the shipping cover, and I have the deluxe mooring cover too.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hydrotherapy 2? The Mitchell Machine? Veedubteksspareboatwheneverhewantstouseit?
Hydrotherapy 3 actually (a cool new font for the cool new boat).....the SX230 was 2, and when I added the stern speakers it covered up the 2, so I took it off. Although I did briefly consider Veedubteksspareboatwheneverhewantstouseit, but couldn't afford the full boat wrap we'd have to have bought to fit it on the boat!:woot:

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Moira says she'd be happy to call it Veedubteksspareboatwheneverhewantstouseit as long as you have a beach front house named "Juliansawesomebeachhousewheneverhewantstouseit"

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Moira says she'd be happy to call it Veedubteksspareboatwheneverhewantstouseit as long as you have a beach front house named "Juliansawesomebeachhousewheneverhewantstouseit"
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable trade, Julian! Better let Walt know where you'll be wanting your beach house... before he rushes off and buys one in a location that is not suitable to you!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Shhh!!! @msavold . I'm already googling up some nice real estate in South Dakota!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My house will be beach front property in about 200 years. Does that count?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recommend calling every 15 minutes to see if it is ready yet. Start at 7am tomorrow.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They said they weren't going to be able to prep it until next week....perhaps if I got everyone on the forum to call on the hour...they'd find a way to fit it in this week!
Since you have to wait I wonder if they would let you start modding it while its sitting there waiting on them to put oil in the engine.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am thinking of visiting it this weekend! I don't think prep includes oil...it does include unloading from the truck, batteries and installing them, raising the tower, installing seat cushions, and cleaning, and testing the all the functions - which all told takes 8 hours....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They said they weren't going to be able to prep it until next week....perhaps if I got everyone on the forum to call on the hour...they'd find a way to fit it in this week!
Or sell it to me for $10 more:)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length