• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh NC Jetboaters Gathering on Falls Lake - August 10th 2019

Which Date Works Best for you?

• Total voters

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
bummed I'm gonna miss this.... need more than 1 big meet up a year obviously! Have fun everyone! I'll be drunk in Napa Valley.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So long story short, was considering making this meetup then ended up buying a camper(trailer) this weekend. Need to take it out this weekend for a little shakedown test run. But then thought maybe I could do both since Falls has camping.
I'm guessing looking at where you guys are meeting that Rollingview campgrounds probably my best option. Figured if nothing else I can get a blow up raft and paddle out to meet you all. :bag: Will be me and my 2 boys (13 & 10), wife on call this weekend.
Anyone else camping?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So long story short, was considering making this meetup then ended up buying a camper(trailer) this weekend. Need to take it out this weekend for a little shakedown test run. But then thought maybe I could do both since Falls has camping.
I'm guessing looking at where you guys are meeting that Rollingview campgrounds probably my best option. Figured if nothing else I can get a blow up raft and paddle out to meet you all. :bag: Will be me and my 2 boys (13 & 10), wife on call this weekend.
Anyone else camping?
Yup...Rollingview camp grounds are right there! You could walk over to the shelter we've rented easily!

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So is anyone planning on grilling? bringing charcoal and such?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just talked about that... leah is gonna bring a bag of charcoal and the grill utensils and the lighter... we dont have a frill on the boat so we will grill at the shelter.. .. anyone is welcome to grill on the shelter grill. The charcoal will be be rolling for a while.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There's a SLIM chance I may make this now. My little one had a slight fever tonight. If he wakes up and it's still there we won't be going to the beach. Which means we'll be sticking around town. IF I'm able to come it'll likely just be me and my boat. I may hit up my buddy and see if I can't convince him to stay home from his lake house if we end up not going. Should know in the morning.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So is anyone bringing a SUP?

I'll be bringing a couple of tubes, wake board, and surf board.

My guess (this will be fluid) is the day will go as follows:
  • 10-12 boats begin rafting
  • 12-1:30 Lunch - BBQ running in the shelter (we'll be bringing some brats)
  • 1:30-5 Raft up (many folks will just raft up and party while boats peel of at times for other stuff)
    • 1:30 Drone up for a raft up photo before people take off tubing etc
    • 2-5:00 Tubing, wakeboarding, surfing etc
  • 5:00-6:30 Run down to the dam (roughly 30 min each way - depending on how fast you go!)
  • 6:30-830 Hang out (for those staying late...sunset is 8:10pm)
Again, this is just a rough outline- the only thing we will want to try and keep on time is the raft up photos @ 1:30pm

If you have a marine radio, feel free to bring it. I will be on channel 69. Just be warned....do not go under a bridge if you have a full size antenna....don't ask me why! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Totally open to other ideas of things to do. The more tubes/rafts there the better as the kids will play on them for hours! I will bring my Bandwagon 2+2 (small boat size raft!). My dock is a mile away in case anyone forgets anything....the marina is right there. I'll also have my battery powered leaf blower, and a high pressure (brand new) tube inflator.

I hope to get out surfing - but activities at the raft up will determine if I can! (plus my teen's demeanor LOL)

SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!! (I am hoping to get out as early as I can....probably will split my wife and teen up and come out alone to start-that way I don't have to wait for the teen to get up!)

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We plan on being there around 10. Still no one from the apex area who wants to drag my ski up there eh?

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ll bring my sup. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new friends.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian lost of course. Launched at rolling view but can't find the meet up.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Kind of hidden back here. Here is where the gps is showing. CCFB8042-4412-4A0F-9806-17AB938D911C.png

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length