• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh NC Jetboaters Gathering on Falls Lake - August 10th 2019

Which Date Works Best for you?

• Total voters

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian Add me to the IN list. Thanks!

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
@Julian unfortunately we are out. Some family stuff has come up that we need to take care of that weekend. Sorry everyone we were looking forward to meeting everyone.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Was planning on being there, but my wife planned for us to go visit my parents that weekend. Upside is I'll be taking my boat to the beach at least.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any of you local guys have any info on that boat that crashed into the dam on falls lake a few weeks back? Did they all survive and was a cause ever determined?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any of you local guys have any info on that boat that crashed into the dam on falls lake a few weeks back? Did they all survive and was a cause ever determined?
Everyone survived. Alcohol was a factor and they got a DUI equivalent. Basically drunk boating at night and panicked.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Already everybody! Just over a week away. Let’s fire up some specifics for next Saturday and get this party ready.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What time are people heading out? Suggested ramp?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've not got my arrival time nailed down yet, but will likely be at the marina around 10am. Raft up will begin before lunch and we'll have boats peeling off for various activities all day long. I'll bring my huge bandwagon tube in case anyone wants to try that out. Hopefully we can get some surfing in too!

I asked earlier if anyone was bring SUPs.....if there are enough (4 ish) we can arrange some SUP races!

If you want to BBQ....the shelter has BBQs.

I'll bring my drone for a group raft up photo (probably try and get that in around noon-1pm so people can then hit the lake.

Later in the day we might move to the cove in the NE corner where there is more of a beach....we'll play that by ear. Last year people took a run down to the dam and back for fun.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So looks like the Fam might be coming anyways... Anyone in the Apex area with an extra vehicle with a hitch want to drag my ski up there? the ski is great for pulling tubes and such while the boat stays rafted up.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've not got my arrival time nailed down yet, but will likely be at the marina around 10am. Raft up will begin before lunch and we'll have boats peeling off for various activities all day long. I'll bring my huge bandwagon tube in case anyone wants to try that out. Hopefully we can get some surfing in too!

I asked earlier if anyone was bring SUPs.....if there are enough (4 ish) we can arrange some SUP races!

If you want to BBQ....the shelter has BBQs.

I'll bring my drone for a group raft up photo (probably try and get that in around noon-1pm so people can then hit the lake.

Later in the day we might move to the cove in the NE corner where there is more of a beach....we'll play that by ear. Last year people took a run down to the dam and back for fun.
We are going to try to make this, thanks to everyone that helps to get this going. So without any experience on this lake, which are the quieter ramps ? If I understand the plan, we can meet up in the cove area south west of Rollingview? My crew is tired, been pulling the boat all over NC , and just got back from Smith Mountain Lake, in VA, boat it dirty, but it sounds like fun ! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are going to try to make this, thanks to everyone that helps to get this going. So without any experience on this lake, which are the quieter ramps ? If I understand the plan, we can meet up in the cove area south west of Rollingview? My crew is tired, been pulling the boat all over NC , and just got back from Smith Mountain Lake, in VA, boat it dirty, but it sounds like fun ! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Hwy 50 ramp is the best, Rolling View is nice and probably the quietest. Both are near the meet up site and both access through the parks so it’s $7 per vehicle. Stay away from Bartons Creek...it’s a shit show. 24FA4D4E-97F1-4D6A-960A-BDE7163E74D3.jpeg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian... u have the map you can post one more time showing the cove?
Well, pray for me guys. I will be out there but will be with my wife and 7 young teens for my daughters bday party. Maybe i can switch off with one of you guys😀. I am gathering that we will be non stop with the toys all day so not sure if i will be able to stop by. But if you see the only guy on a boat with a bunch of girls you can still wave. Enjoy!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian... u have the map you can post one more time showing the cove?
Yup!

1. The Green Dot is the cove and pavillion we have rented.
  2. The red dot is the sandy cove we might move to later in the day (will depend)
  3. The purple triangles are the two closest ramps, and you can see the Highway 50 ramps called out on the map (also close).
  4. Rollingview Marina is not marked - but it has gas/hot dogs/ice cream and some supplies - it is just to the left of the "P" of "Park Office"
  5. The Dam is all the way to the right (east) of the lake.
  6. Be careful going all the way to the end of any of the coves (the very ends have tree stumps)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, pray for me guys. I will be out there but will be with my wife and 7 young teens for my daughters bday party. Maybe i can switch off with one of you guys😀. I am gathering that we will be non stop with the toys all day so not sure if i will be able to stop by. But if you see the only guy on a boat with a bunch of girls you can still wave. Enjoy!
I'll drop my daughter off with you!!!!!