• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Saying goodbye….at least for a while

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice boat. What size Mercury OB is out back. I assume no trim tabs due to mounting of power poles?
Yes. Trim tabs are standard and there is no issue with power poles and the tabs. Dealer did mention that if I go with two poles, I could not use the boarding ladder when the port one was deployed. It’s a Mercury Verado V10 400 on the back.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@redthumper9, sharp looking boat!
There’s a video embedded on the Tidewater model page showing more of the boats features and layout.

Per the performance bulliten - 57MPH with a 300HP Yamaha and ~3.8MPG at cruise are very nice figures.
Can’t tell what size Merc is on the back of yours…

@zipper From the feature set, it looks like trim tabs are standard on this model (as well as a jack plate). From what I have noticed TW provides a nice list of standard features that some manufactures would include as options. Here’s a picture with both the tabs and power poles installed…

View attachment 215544
Yes sir you are correct. The trim tabs are standard and have no bearing on the power poles. Mine has the Mercury Verado V10 400. Owner of the dealership is a friend of mine. He said top speed is 66-70mph depending on how he props it.

Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On Monday, I said goodbye to my third Yamaha. The family dynamics have changed and we are moving to a center console bay boat with an outboard. I’ve been a part of this group since the beginning and will continue to stop by on occasion. It’s a great forum with great people and the mods do a good job of keeping it what it was designed to be. Wish everyone the best and who knows, we may be back in a Yamaha someday. But for now….✌out!
Congratulations on the new boat!

Someday I'll have to come down and inspect it to ensure you got a good upgrade!!! Lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 215523
just showed up at the dealer yesterday evening. Went and looked at it today. Hope to pick it up in a week or so. Dealer still has to prep, install power pole(s), GPS and decking. After owning a jet boat for 15 years, I’m still a little apprehensive about making the change, but time will tell soon enough.
Great looking boat! I love that big Carolina flare up front! Double step hull will definitely have you moving right along! The 300 hp engine had a bit over 4 mpg at best cruise, I‘d be surprised if the 400 hp engine isn’t solidly in the mid 3’s, possibly the upper 3’s. The seats look awesome! This is a pretty serious fishing machine !

Its different from your jet boat, and there will be some trade offs, but I think you’ll be very happy with this new boat. I hope you’ll stop back by this thread and tell us just how great this new boat is! Congratulations!

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But what's the soundsystem going to be like on her....? I still fondly remember the prior setups...jealously of course.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great looking boat! I love that big Carolina flare up front! Double step hull will definitely have you moving right along! The 300 hp engine had a bit over 4 mpg at best cruise, I‘d be surprised if the 400 hp engine isn’t solidly in the mid 3’s, possibly the upper 3’s. The seats look awesome! This is a pretty serious fishing machine !

Its different from your jet boat, and there will be some trade offs, but I think you’ll be very happy with this new boat. I hope you’ll stop back by this thread and tell us just how great this new boat is! Congratulations!
Thank you! We are excited but like I said, kinda apprehensive about some of the trade offs. We are looking forward to the quiet motor, better ride and simplicity of clean up.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
But what's the soundsystem going to be like on her....? I still fondly remember the prior setups...jealously of course.
Trying to simplify my life a little, so not planning to upgrade at this point. I did, however keep one set of my REV 12’s just in case 😎

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gorgeous boat, congrats. About to put in an order for a Tidewater myself, going with the 27' CC.
The 27’ (or 28’) CC is my short term dream boat. Almost went with their 256 CC but figured it wouldn’t be as convenient on the sandbar. Good Luck!