• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Nothing fancy, but I did do some wings on my new grill last night:

wings.jpeg

I have had quite a few cheap grills over the years, but with the new house I decided to get my first Weber. I love it! Nice even heat distribution. Still need to find some nice steaks on sale so I can try the sear zone.

Jim

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I stopped by Supercuts where I saw this sign for the first time ever. I know there must have been an incident or a few for someone to go through the trouble of making and posting this. I wish I was here when it happened.
EF73FF25-5FD4-4FE5-9959-5D005E3C49D4.jpegEF73FF25-5FD4-4FE5-9959-5D005E3C49D4.jpeg

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Should have been out, but drinks and dinner will do.

20220608_064946.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At the Chevy dealership having some complimentary work, maintenance done on the GMC. Walked around and saw this. I thought @Ronnie would appreciate the sticker appendix.

7F2DBC47-BF90-48D2-B26A-8DBC346C61F8.jpeg

1375D49D-7D6A-4B4F-9F63-8E2C42C2CF82.jpeg

752125A0-889E-484A-A2EA-CDA9C70E853F.jpeg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Market adjustment 30K. Holy frijoles!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2 generations of water sports. I had a roto mold skurfer when wakeboarding was just taking off.
I have one of those skurfers in the garage- plan on getting it back out soon to play on it

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Market adjustment 30K. Holy frijoles!
I feel the pain too! I thought a 22% mark up was insane..... 32% has that clobbered! Fortunately dealer stock is increasing and these are starting to inch down....and I'm not in a hurry. I'll buy the car cash today if they drop the Anal reaming! Any Kia dealers on the forum???

1654713519164.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Funny or ironic that the baseline C8 Vette is supposed to have an MSRP of $65k and the base Tesla model 3 an MSRP OF $35k. I have never seen the base models of either readily available and I probably never will.

semi related comment: I saw a news story on a 20 something blonde that owns and operates weed dispensaries in CA. Her daily driver is/was a $400k Ferrari. That answered my question of was law school worth the time, effort and expense. One of her lawyers was a class mate of mine and told me to watch the news that night.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I feel the pain too! I thought a 22% mark up was insane..... 32% has that clobbered! Fortunately dealer stock is increasing and these are starting to inch down....and I'm not in a hurry. I'll buy the car cash today if they drop the Anal reaming! Any Kia dealers on the forum???

View attachment 180006
Don't know much about Kia pricing, but my daughter had her 2014 Chevy Sonic totaled after a hit-and-run accident last week. I brought her to our house for the week to de-stress after the accident. She found a 2022 Jeep Renegade Limited at a dealership 2 miles from our home. Apparently someone ordered the car and changed their mind. Got the Jeep for $2200 UNDER MSRP. They had the Jeep $600 off (rebate) and I negotiated another $1600 off.

Also, got some more good news today, as the offer from the insurance company for the Chevy Sonic was several thousand dollars more than I expected!

Jim

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know my friends modded C6 Z06 went up like 30% since he bought it in 2020.

Literally everything you can imagine has increased in cost. It's weird. At what point do people say "I will wait until prices drop"? Who are these people so willing to overpay 30% for literally anything? Is there really that much money floating around since the pandemic? Or are people piling up mountains of debt and we are looking at a painful recession? I have so many questions..

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Funny or ironic that the baseline C8 Vette is supposed to have an MSRP of $65k and the base Tesla model 3 an MSRP OF $35k. I have never seen the base models of either readily available and I probably never will.

semi related comment: I saw a news story on a 20 something blonde that owns and operates weed dispensaries in CA. Her daily driver is/was a $400k Ferrari. That answered my question of was law school worth the time, effort and expense. One of her lawyers was a class mate of mine and told me to watch the news that night.
I remember thinking that when the new Vette came out, if would be a supercar for the masses with the $65K base. With the production shortages, from day 1, that never materialized. I would have loved to have a 2 or 3 year-old base model C8, but it's looking like that will never happen.

Jim

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

That is not a base c8 its a convertible and if you look at that sticker the base c8 convertible is 75k then you have to add all the performance and upgraded goodies on the right side of the sticker.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is not a base c8 its a convertible and if you look at that sticker the base c8 convertible is 75k then you have to add all the performance and upgraded goodies on the right side of the sticker.
Like I said I’ve never seen a base corvette nor a base convertible corvette. Chevy like Tesla only seems to make the upgraded models, if you want a base unit you have to order it not expect it to be on the lot ready to buy. With a $30k market adjustment that won’t be my next vet unless I buy it years from now after it’s depreciated 60% to 80%.