• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The new batteries for the land toys (three Polaris Ace UTV’s) came in earlier today. These are YUASA AGM sealed batteries that are made in Reading, PA. Interesting thing about these powersport batteries are that they are shipped dry and you add the electrolytes (sulfuric acid) to the batteries. Pretty easy to prepare: remove (and discard) the foil sealing strip from the top of the battery, detach (and save) the black sealing strip from the electrolyte container, place the electrolyte container upside down on the now open battery filler ports, push the container down to break the aluminum seals allowing the electrolyte to flow into the battery, remove the empty container from the battery and seal with the black sealing strip saved earlier, wait two hours for the electrolyte to permeate the battery plates, and then charge.

IMG_7479.jpg

Jim

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw an aircraft light flashing in the distance and thought it was a LEO heli circling a scene of some sort. Looked it up on FlightAware and it turned out to be civilian aircraft. I first found the flight in the first 2 letters and thought they might be spelling “HELP” 😆 LolIMG_9105.png

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw an aircraft light flashing in the distance and thought it was a LEO heli circling a scene of some sort. Looked it up on FlightAware and it turned out to be civilian aircraft. I first found the flight in the first 2 letters and thought they might be spelling “HELP” 😆 LolView attachment 204475
That takes a lot more skill than the NSFW pictograms some pilots leave behind. :rolleyes:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright @Murf'n'surf , I am naive, is that for real?
It is for real. @cwoav8r might be able to shed some more light on this as he is in local aviation. Looks to be a rental plane out of the municipal airport. A local news station saw my facebook post of this pic and contacted me. They will probably have a little fun story on it today.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Part of the 10 min drive to the closest lake.

A6067CDA-0F1C-41C5-8B32-7F9F3978D27E.jpeg
That song popped in my head a couple weeks ago…it was too long since I’d heard it.
1D88FEA4-C456-4D9E-B0A6-D7C1DA0FCE8C.jpeg

I saw these two at the North Marina, and saw another 21’ bow rider out on the lake, the most I’ve seen here.

9BD9BC16-4510-4E2A-964F-8E036A5EAE43.jpeg

5444FE91-D4AC-4C6C-B08E-ADE6C2081C1F.jpeg

Great morning and day for that matter on the lake.

31E7489E-DFB1-43F2-AA07-D7A4919EFA95.jpeg

D028E876-AAE6-495B-9150-60FC2DA6CC6A.jpeg

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I never cease to be impressed by your photography! These are some great pictures! Like National Geographic
Thank you!

It's like anything else...equipment, persistence, and give a shit. Three things we see a lot of on this forum!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Part of the 10 min drive to the closest lake.

View attachment 204544
That song popped in my head a couple weeks ago…it was too long since I’d heard it.
View attachment 204545

I saw these two at the North Marina, and saw another 21’ bow rider out on the lake, the most I’ve seen here.

View attachment 204546

View attachment 204547

Great morning and day for that matter on the lake.

View attachment 204548

View attachment 204549

72° at 9 o’clock in the morning? I’m not sure the last time that I seen a low of 72° this summer.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
72° at 9 o’clock in the morning? I’m not sure the last time that I seen a low of 72° this summer.
I think it got all the way up to 85* at one point, then some clouds and a few isolated thunderstorms moved across the area and the temp dropped to 78*. I think it was 49* overnight.

According to the nws its is supposed to get up to the low 90’s over the next few days with overnight lows right around 60*. Water temp yesterday was 72* at the highest point, so with the warmer temps that should bring the water temp up to around 74* the main body, and perhaps 76* in the small sunlit back bays.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we'll call this a pretty good weekend ( where's @swatski when you want to brag about some fish!)
Took my youngest daughter to Oyster Creek, TX to see family, she wanted to go fishing so I chartered a boat for some in shore fishing, It was her first time fishing but she did great casting and even baiting her hook,

we had a 23' seafox with a 250 yamaha (wondering why my MR1 can't be a quiet as that outboard???

Even without the fish it was a great time with her

With a Snook, these are pretty rare in TX and even the other guys at the dock were excited when they saw the picture,

IMG_4870.jpg

my Triple Tail, this is also a good sized one, not common and prized for eating, caught him in the surf about 50yds off the beach,

IMG_3273(1).jpg

SOME of our red fish, one was almost 30", we actually pulled up to this spot to fish for flounder on popping corks and very small treble hooks, we caught 9 total,

IMG_4877.jpg

waiting for the filet knife, we also had about a dozen speckled trout but were to small to keep, also some small black tip sharks and gaff head catfish,

IMG_3279.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right now it is 65 degrees in ocean city Md first time in a long time. Heading to Alaska tomorrow so I suspect that will be the norm for me the next two weeks [flag]
Careful, I've seen pics from folks who came back from Alaska. I'm itching just from looking at this! 🤣

meanwhile, in Alaska.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Careful, I've seen pics from folks who came back from Alaska. I'm itching just from looking at this! 🤣

View attachment 204901
@Thermobrett I have no idea how the forum deals with pics, but that pic was from a website I frequent, and the pic is titled "Meanwhile, in Alaska". There's a story to go with it somewhere on their site, but I haven't tracked down the "why" on their Alaska posts.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Thermobrett I have no idea how the forum deals with pics, but that pic was from a website I frequent, and the pic is titled "Meanwhile, in Alaska". There's a story to go with it somewhere on their site, but I haven't tracked down the "why" on their Alaska posts.
I’m more confused as to the reasons that somebody would want that many mosquitoes on them. The “why” is the first thing I thought when I saw the pic. I can only gather there is a study being conducted as the bugs are only tip too to above second knuckle. In any event, why…..

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Picked this up after someone had put it out for scrap. Cleaned the plug, carb and coil magnetic field areas and it runs great. Gave it a bath and it looks nearly new.
View attachment 204907
Amazing what people will throw away without doing some simple research. Some times it’s just a couple bucks, sometimes it’s just worth parts. Great find!