• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

IMG_6028.jpegI just read this article in Boat U.S.
It’s an eye chart as a pic so here is a summary:

Jaime Gomez buys a 24 Yamaha jet boat, Stimulus Money, takes 12 people to the Hudson River three months later in July of 2022. Ends up capsizing (after operating at high speed during a small craft advisory), a 7 year old as well as 48 year old drowned.

Jamie was running an unlicensed charter and didn’t have his captain’s certificate so he is even more screwed.

Just a tragic reminder that some people have more dollars than sense.

Last edited:
Last edited:
View attachment 222209I just read this article in Boat U.S.
It’s an eye chart as a pic so here is a summary:

Jaime Gomez buys a 24 Yamaha jet boat, Stimulus Money, takes 12 people to the Hudson River three months later in July of 2022. Ends up capsizing (after operating at high speed during a small craft advisory), a 7 year old as well as 48 year old drowned.

Jamie was running an unlicensed charter and didn’t have his captain’s certificate so he is even more screwed.

Just a tragic reminder that some people have more rights dollars than sense.
I grew up in a family of charter captains. Nothing worse than a pirate who cheats the system while other do it the legal way. In Ohio, all licensed charter captains MUST have a sticker on your windscreen for that year. Each year the year and color of the sticker change. You can only get a new sticker for the year by providing your USCG captains license documents. Very obvious on who’s who in the marina.

Patterning the cockpit seating. Using tyvek.

View attachment 217893
View attachment 217894

Wife made some of the cockpit cushions yesterday. She decided a couple more were needed for the corners. I thought that area would be stepped on more than sat on, butt…good.

C8807C26-B847-40C5-BAFF-A29BD0D42EF1.jpeg
A1C62095-018E-4E42-AE93-DAD9860B7BD5.jpeg
She got out a cheese plate, friends came over and the snaps did not get finished before dark.

Last edited:
Wife made some of the cockpit cusnions yesterday. She decided a couple of more were needed for the corners. I thought that area would be stepped on more than sat on, butt…

View attachment 222233
View attachment 222234
She got out a cheese plate, friends came over and the snaps did not get finished before dark.
She does have a talent and great craftsmanship.

Wife made some of the cockpit cusnions yesterday. She decided a couple of more were needed for the corners. I thought that area would be stepped on more than sat on, butt…

View attachment 222233
View attachment 222234

Things keep going that way you’ll need to re name the boat shangri-la

Rock A Billy Texas style…. These guys were pretty darn good. During their first break after 90 mins of non stop playing the band came around and thanked everyone for coming out and were chatting up the audience. I asked the guy on the left if they were going to play “Last Kiss” and he said no that was a little too Doo Op for them, I mentioned that Pear Jam did a great cover of that song, and he said the drummer was a huge Pearl Jam fan. This place, The Custer Beacon has excellent food and a wide variety of micro brews.

BE22952C-4F74-438F-8BC1-B571DA35465F.jpeg

Things keep going that way you’ll need to re name the boat shangri-la

Funny, yes she does like making pillows too, It is all good as long as she has a place to cast her UglyStik.

Just testing out a new modem….and came upon this vid.

[HASH=9602]#5![/HASH]

Getting the boat ready and when I test fired the engines a key switch broke. Not going to stop me though, my motto is “figure it out” and that’s what I did. New switches will be on order later tonight.
IMG_1587.jpegIMG_1588.jpegIMG_1589.jpeg

Upgrades, Fox 2.0’s for a much needed shock replacement. 84,000 miles and the oem shocks are pretty tired.

IMG_5941.jpeg

Did you try glue? Seems like the threaded insert that I believe to be in the nut could be glued back onto the key.
I didn’t try that due to the tumblers and springs all falling out of it. My temporary fix worked well yesterday other than the key won’t stay in the ignition. I priced replacements this morning and about spit my coffee out due to the prices. I understand genuine Yamaha is going to cost more but $250 for a pair!!! My plan now is to replace both, use generic Yamaha outboard switches and splice the OE plug to its wires. The dimensions of it are the same as the OE plug and will fit in the block that keeps the switch body from turning.

Back