• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thanksgiving....thanks to all the staff who help here...and....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks to all the staff who help keep this place operating smoothly!

@0627Devildog , @Bruce , @Luc Lafreniere , @Murf'n'surf , @OperationROL , @Scottintexas , @txav8r

Also, thanks to ALL our members! We built this place for us all to share, and overwhelmingly we get along and share amazing expertise. Not just on boats/boating, but a wide range of things.

So thank you all for making this a place worth visiting and sharing!

I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving (to our US members) or whatever holiday you may have or are going to celebrate next!

I'm going to have to educate my daughter's boyfriend on "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"...its not right that he hasn't seen it!

What are your crazy traditions???

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Our crazy tradition is to do Thanksgiving in October. #crazycanuck

Our second crazy tradition is that many Canadians celebrate American Thanksgiving too... lol. Because why not? Many of us (not me) are football fans... so it's paired together up here in many households.

And I shall echo @Bruce 's sentiment.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you all and have a great holiday.

@Julian Great comedy, "It's just a flesh wound".

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It used to be Alice’s Restaurant…but haven’t seen it on in years.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to report the craziest tradition we have...
Brining the turkey!
1637782795301.jpeg

Our son is taking over the cooking this year, he presented the menu and it was approved.
1637782880636.jpeg

I added a dish - and, yeah, that one is crazy, so crazy you can not find it on the internet!!! - it is called "Salatka Kolomyjska", a traditional dish from the southeastern part of Poland called "Kresy" where my family hails from, which was sadly grabbed by the russian in the aftermath of WWII.
It's a dish of layered thin-sliced potato/carrots/beans/pickles (cornishons)/eggs/sauerkraut dish that's outstanding - when done right! All about proportions and attention to detail.
1637783022369.jpeg

After my culinary lesson, he went straight back to work (from home, lol).
(it still amuses me to no end - everyone seems like they can work from home! but me... I report to my work, every day, in the physical location, every day; I must be stupid!)
1637783178041.jpeg

EDIT:
since there is no internet solution for this, no recipe on google! here is the only recipe I have, from my family "cookbook":
:)
1637783849664.jpeg

--

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brining the turkey!
View attachment 167575

Our son is taking over the cooking this year, he presented the menu and it was approved.
View attachment 167576

I added a dish - and, yeah, that one is crazy, so crazy you can not find it on the internet!!! - it is called "Salatka Kolomyjska", a traditional dish from the southeastern part of Poland called "Kresy" where my family hails from, which was sadly grabbed by the russian in the aftermath of WWII.
It's a dish of layered thin-sliced potato/carrots/beans/pickles (cornishons)/eggs/sauerkraut dish that's outstanding - when done right! All about proportions and attention to detail.
View attachment 167577

(it still amuses me to no end - everyone seems like they can work from home! but me... I report to my work, every day, in the physical location, every day; I must be stupid!)
View attachment 167578

--
My only question is, what time are we eating??

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@swatski Golopki are on the menu! I'll be there in 8 hours!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Brining the turkey!
View attachment 167575

View attachment 167576

View attachment 167577

View attachment 167578

EDIT:
since there is no internet solution for this, no recipe on google! here is the only recipe I have, from my family "cookbook":
:)
View attachment 167579

--
What is Polish cake?

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That brine looks a lot like the one we did here this year.

🦃

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have two "Blue Bleeder" forums I frequent and could not imagine enjoying the sport as much without them. Jetboaters and Totally Yamaha. For those southern state members, TY is for the Yamaha Snowmobile crowd.

So when one gets quiet, I know it's time to fire up the other. Thankful for seasons, and the collective mind of these great members here!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have two "Blue Bleeder" forums I frequent and could not imagine enjoying the sport as much without them. Jetboaters and Totally Yamaha. For those southern state members, TY is for the Yamaha Snowmobile crowd.

So when one gets quiet, I know it's time to fire up the other. Thankful for seasons, and the collective mind of these great members here!
Its funny....in all the years I lived in the frozen north, I never once rode a snow mobile....they look like a blast though!