• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow vehicle with leather seats.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe I "missed the boat" but I don't even think the most expensive recreational (non yacht) boats will ever use leather. That would be the most impractical thing I could ever imagine.

Leaving yourself open to stains, water damage, scratches etc. And with the advances in PU Leather, there is truly no reason to ever use leather in a boat. PU (poly urethane) Leather that is used even in office chairs is by far superior to true leather for wear, stain resistance and color fastness. If you sat in my Secret Labs office chair, I would bet many would never realize it is not leather, but PU Leather instead.

That being said, the vinyl used in our boats is still the most cost effective option that a MFG will ever use. And why most that have recovered seats/cushions will still go that route if they need replacement.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Even if you're wet, you aren't going to hurt anything. Clean and condition the seats every so often, and they'll survive just fine. I typically drive home with wet shorts, sometimes in the truck for an hour or more that way. I also have the heated/cooled leather. About once a month I go out and vacuum/wipe the seats down really good, then use some of the same conditioner I use on my leather boots on the seats. They're still just as soft and supple as they were when I bought it. Might not be the right way, but it appears to work.
Same, I have an 2018 F150 with Leather 80k+ now and have always got in wet, have heated and cooled seats, and have had no problems. Probably get in there 3-4 times a month soaking wet. Just clean and condition every so often and you'll be fine.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A lot of people think auto interiors are leather........almost all interiors are vinyl pleather. They toss some accent pieces in that are real leather on occasion.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A lot of people think auto interiors are leather........almost all interiors are vinyl pleather. They toss some accent pieces in that are real leather on occasion.
Truly stated on the sticker, "leather seating areas" may be just the part your but sits on or the headrest.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Truly stated on the sticker, "leather seating areas" may be just the part your but sits on or the headrest.
I think that is the reason that they add leather accents....so they can say leather interior! If you have ventilated seats, I can assure you that you are sitting on vinyl.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OK guys, cleaning up this thread. The two members that dusted off this thread, posts 21 and 22 previously, seen below, are working together, same ip address, to spam the forum. I have deleted their posts.

20231123_083534.jpg

Love the "leather" seats in my tow rig, though most is vinyl. No leather exposed to the elements. Ultra Leather is a better option. Much softer than other vinyls. We have used the stuff to cover the nav station seat in the cabin of the sailboat.

Last edited:

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have on occasion sat in my silverado with wet shorts. I'm not sure about every vehicle type, but my seats are starting to blister a little from the moisture. It would be wise to put a towel down or use a seat cover.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
OK guys, cleaning up this thread. The two members that dusted off this thread, posts 21 and 22 previously, seen below, are working together, same ip address, to spam the forum. I have deleted their posts.

View attachment 211864

Love the "leather" seats in my tow rig, though most is vinyl. No leather exposed to the elements. Ultra Leather is a better option. Much softer than other vinyls.
WTF? I just don’t get why people do stuff like that.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport