• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are you watching on TV? Favorite Shows? <name the service used>

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I binged watched Ballers on Netflix and started the new season of Gold Rush on Discovery+.
I just found that new season of Gold Rush posted. Started that last night. I can't believe I keep watching each and every season of that and Bearing Sea Gold. It's not like the story changes. I just can't stop watching

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Steve Canyon on prime… old school.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just found that new season of Gold Rush posted. Started that last night. I can't believe I keep watching each and every season of that and Bearing Sea Gold. It's not like the story changes. I just can't stop watching
On a similar note, I paid for Discovery Plus, but have found they are all available on HBO Max. I do believe there was a merger.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Arnold and Sly on Netflix

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This looks really freakin good!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That does look good but if I sign up for another streaming service the boss is gonna get upset……..

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just started Night Sky on prime….

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This looks really freakin good!

We will see if apple can tell the story without pushing their views (revisionist history) on the history of WWII.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will see if apple can tell the story without pushing their views (revisionist history) on the history of WWII.
It's made by the same executive producers that made Band of Brothers and The Pacific

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's made by the same executive producers that made Band of Brothers and The Pacific
Okay. The Pacific was based on EB Slege‘s book With the Old Breed, a very gnarly account of the island hopping campaign in the pacific theater.

I have witnessed the intrusion of current …..will call it pop culture showing up in movies of all kinds in regards to historical accounts of events.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Okay. The Pacific was based on EB Slege‘s book With the Old Breed, a very gnarly account of the island hopping campaign in the pacific theater.

I have witnessed the intrusion of current …..will call it pop culture showing up in movies of all kinds in regards to historical accounts of events.
So what are your thoughts on Oliver Stone's WWII documentary? I found that fascinating, but it certainly tells a different story than what I was taught in US history class!

Back on topic, and this WWII topic, watched "All the light we cannot see" on Netflix, really enjoyed it. Its only 4 episodes but good.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So what are your thoughts on Oliver Stone's WWII documentary? I found that fascinating, but it certainly tells a different story than what I was taught in US history class!

Back on topic, and this WWII topic, watched "All the light we cannot see" on Netflix, really enjoyed it. Its only 4 episodes but good.
I will have to have a look at the OS movie you mentioned.. I have not been the avid new movie fan that I was a few years back.. I’ve had other interests that have occupied my time. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. As a fyi, I was fortunate enough in college to have a history class that was taught by the dean of the history dept, he taught one class each semester, the short version is that I learned more about history in one semester than I probably had in the previous years of schooling. Also, my Dad and several family members were in WWII so I have the experience of first hand accounts. My mother ran a drill press at the Todd Shipyards where liberty ships were built..

Mom and Dad at the Congo room in Los Angeles during WWII

FFD5D859-477F-4336-A3C7-57D643D5E173.jpeg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm a fan as well - cool to see Parker go from a pimply faced teenager to a successful business man. I have a similar addiction to Ice Road Truckers and Highway Through Hell.......

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just binged Irrational on peacock. It's pretty good, left me waiting for the next episode.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just finished Tin Star on Amazon Prime video.
Tim Roth is just great in this. Highly recommend

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Going to start season 2 of Reacher on prime.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got all caught up on season 2 of Reacher tonight but this show has gone off the rails for me in season 2. Alan Ritchson was passable in season 1 but every time they try to play him off as the cerebral military investigator in season 2 he fails miserably. If you could take the acting ability of Tom Cruise (Reacher movies) and combine it with the physical attributes of Alan Ritchson you’d have a winner. In my opinion, the two Reacher movies are a gazillion times better than the Reacher series. :-/

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got all caught up on season 2 of Reacher tonight but this show has gone off the rails for me in season 2. Alan Ritchson was passable in season 1 but every time they try to play him off as the cerebral military investigator in season 2 he fails miserably. If you could take the acting ability of Tom Cruise (Reacher movies) and combine it with the physical attributes of Alan Ritchson you’d have a winner. In my opinion, the two Reacher movies are a gazillion times better than the Reacher series. :-/
Season one was way better than season 2. Not feeling the "bad ass" in reacher as in season one. He went soft

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know I'm a little late, but we started watching Fargo over the holidays. Damn good.