• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 25 - July 29, 2018

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OK this looks way too fun and way more accessible than Bimini for my family.

Can some one point me to a thread(s) that I can see info on this? I'm interested in hotels, or camping or a cabin and costs I need to know about other than food, lodging. I want to know everything basically, LOL.

Thanks in advance!
First message on this thread has all the relevant info from this past year. First couple messages in this current thread have the beginnings of the info for next summer. I think I saw somewhere that @OperationROL will edit the first post in this thread as we get closer to make this the official thread for next year. As a new(ish) member, and a first time attendee, I can say that my family and I had a great time, was able to put a few faces to names, and made a number of friends that we've been fortunate enough to meet up with a few times since then.

Also, just for kicks, here's the link to the Shelbyville playlist showing the progression of the last 10 events.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsITUT34uCblPwRSrK1_g3CV_wMzlQ7cp

Hope you can make it up next summer.

Edit: Only cost is whatever you want to do for lodging, boat slip and/or boat launch fee ($5 per launch), and a few meals for your family. Currently, no charge for the large group dinner on Friday. This year, dinner was sponsored Wed night for those that were available, and one morning breakfast was sponsored at the resort. There is a charge for the Tshirt order.

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@bobbie - By default you have been selected to help me manage the list since it's really your post! ;)

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL you should be eating turkey right now!! And yes...I'll help with the thread! Tell the family we said happy thanksgiving!! And that goes to all of the jetboaters too!!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same to you guys! i may be out there next week. I'll let you know.

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
All, I am sad to say we are not going to be able to make this year. We'll be in Europe on a family vacation.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok those of us that are going to camp here is a map of the Lithia campground. I think section " D" would be the best. We would be closer to the action and have an easy walk if we got too St. Lunaticish. :D

How many would be camping?

@BigAbe75 ?

@Speedling ?

@YamahaForMe ?

Anyone else?

Attachments

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

@BigAbe75 ?
Yes, for us. Arriving on Wed, depart on Sunday. If you want to see about reserving some slots so we can call in and pay, or just book them next to each other yourself and we can reimburse you once you get a confirmed count. Whatever works. Thanks!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think @Brian eilrich had site 100 last year and is planning on doing it again. However I would not describe staying in his RV as "camping".

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ok those of us that are going to camp here is a map of the Lithia campground. I think section " D" would be the best. We would be closer to the action and have an easy walk if we got too St. Lunaticish. :D

@BigAbe75 ?

@Speedling ?

@YamahaForMe ?

Anyone else?
Replacing the a/c unit thos weekend and if successful will be booking the campsite! If not will be calling for cabins.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider looks like 94 - 96 are available. The loop at the end of D is all booked up. Should I reserve the 3 of these together? Just so we have them next to each other?

@YamahaForMe isn't #79 in C down toward the beach? We stayed real close to 79 (may have been 79) on another weekend last year. It was nice and fairly secluded.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
actually, it doesn't look like much on D still has water hookup. That might be an issue for 4 nights. There doesn't look to be a whole lot of choices left if water is a requirement. What are you guys thinking?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL When should we be booking boat slips? Wasn't there a date that we had to wait for last year?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well I better call today. Water isn't necessary but would be nice. Power is a must. If we can get this together @BigAbe75 that would be great!

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just booked site 80 from Wednesday to Monday!!! I guess @YamahaForMe and I will be neighbors!

@BigAbe75 Site 83 is only a couple down and still full hook up. Get on it Brother!

Look like the map that I posted is outdated with the site numbers.

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, I'm booked in camping site #83 for Wed thru Sun at Lithia Springs.

@OperationROL (if you're updating the front post)