• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 25 - July 29, 2018

ZIRB3L

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My family and I wont be able to make it this year. Hoping to make it 2019 though!

That opens up an off site cabin for anyone, if a fisherman hasn't already taken it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ok those of us that are going to camp here is a map of the Lithia campground. I think section " D" would be the best. We would be closer to the action and have an easy walk if we got too St. Lunaticish. :D

How many would be camping?

@BigAbe75 ?

@Speedling ?

@YamahaForMe ?

Anyone else?
I keep trying to see sites 114-124 on the map when registering, and it doesn't exist on reserve america! I'm gonna book further down the leg D

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Booked 69. Looks like right by the trailer parking, near but not next to bathrooms, walking from cabin party should be not bad, and I can harass the D leggers plenty!
I am showing Thursday night and leaving Sunday. Wish I could stay more, but the Bahamas trip has me locked down for most of July, and I am visiting Kentucky on the way home and meeting up with some family. Basically, I am taking the month of July off, lol

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 66267 View attachment 66264

OK folks. Here we go!

Everyone, this will be the 11th, Annual Friends & Family Boaters Gathering. The 10th was over the top and very memorable! While we will be taming this one down some, it promises to be great again!

The Place: Lake Shelbyville, Illinois
The Dates: Wednesday, July 25, 2017 - Sunday, July 29, 2018

In the past, most of the participants have stayed at Lithia Resort ( http://www.lithiaresort.com/ ) which is 1/4 mile from a public launch and the Lithia Springs Marina (http://www.lithiamarina.com/ ), where you can rent a slip for the weekend (Reservations open up on March 1, 2018). Below are the participants that have already committed to the trip and the ones that are tentative. Let us know by responding to this post, if you are planning on attending. We will keep this first post updated with each persons details:

Boaters I assume will attend (let me know if I should remove you and what your 2018 accommodations are):

1 - @OperationROL, @OperationROL's Wife - Wed - Sun- Lithia Main Cabin
2 - @007 - Wed - Sun- Lithia Main Cabin
3 - @JCampbell - Wed - Sun - Lithia Main Cabin
4 - @bobbie - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #1
5 - @jcyamaharider , @jcyamahariders wife - Thu - Sun - Robin Hood Woods Campground
6 - @aarons1k - Thu - Sun- Lincoln Log Cabin 6
7 - @MutherTucker Sun - Sun - Own House
8 - @mattschepker - Thu - Sunv- Lithia Motel #9
9 - @RxH2O - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #7
10 - @ar240owner , @ar240owner's Wife - Thu - Mon - Lithia Motel #8
11 - @trace - Fri- Wed- Houseboat then Thu - Sun - Own House
12 - @Boat Crazy - Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel #12
13 - @sstegh - Thu - Mon - Lithia Motel #4
14 - @RiverRat Thu - Sun - Lincoln Log Cabin 4
15 - @pumps and hose Thu - Sun - Lithia Lincoln Log Cabin 5
16 - @scot71 - Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel #11
17 - @Impelled - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #10
18 - @kevin & denise - Fri - Sun - ?????????
19 - @SCP1 - ????????????
20 - @BAC.94 - Wed - Sun - White Pine Cabin #2
21 - @Sheboat - Sun - Sun - Lincoln log #7
22 - Bill W- Sun - Sun - Lincoln log #7
23 - @Walt McCree - ?????????????????
24 - @buckbuck - Wed - Sun - Cedar Cabin
25 - @Speedling - Fri - Mon - Lithia Offsite Cabin 1
26 - @ZIRB3L - Thu - Sun - Lithia Offsite Cabin 3
27 - @Tad Steinberg - Thu - Sun - Duck Cabin & Lithia Motel #3
28 - @Bill D - Wed - Sun - Red Oak Cabin 1
29 - @RampRage - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #2
30 - @Nickp98 - ?????????????????????
31 - @JC6275 - Thu - Sun - Lithia Offsite #2
32 - @Wake08 - Wed - Sun - Gregory's
33 - @Julian - Thu - Mon - Deer Cabin
34 - @Nathan Bryant
35 - Melinda and Shawn (friend's of MutherTucker) - Wed - Sun???? - Own House
36 - @Steve & Heidi -
37- @R00st - Thu - Sun - Blue Spruce Cabin #3
38- @Brian eilrich - Thu - Sun - Lithia Springs Campgrounds
39- @luckie_529 - ??????????????? - Lithia Springs Campgrounds
40- @yam230 - ????????????? - Our Old House
41- Ryan & Alicia - (Friends of OperationROL, RXH2O, Wake08) - ??????????????? - Gregory's
42- @firecap797 - Wed - Sun - Coon Creek Site 57
43- @campfreak - Wed - Sun - Findlay
44- @YamahaForMe - Wed - Sun - Lithia Campground
45- @BigAbe75 - Wed - Sun - Robin Hood Woods campground

Tentative:

@Eric Ballard
Hey we're set and looks like we'll be hanging/camping with the @Speedling crew!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are still looking for lodging, I was given the list of availability today from Lithia. They have been getting calls from outside parties and are giving us first right of refusal for another week or so. So, if you are in need of housing, please act right away. See the list below and visit the website to find out more about the specific rooms and cabins:

Rooms

Room 2 Has two full beds dorm size refrigerator and coffee pot $73/night during the week, $78/ night on weekends based on 2 adults

Room 3 Has two full beds dorm size refrigerator and coffee pot $73/night during the week, $78/ night on weekends based on 2 adults

Room 6 Has two full beds dorm size refrigerator and coffee pot $73/night during the week, $78/ night on weekends based on 2 adults

Room 12 Standard room two full beds has refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot $73/ night during the week $78/ night on weekends based on 2 adults

Cabins

Deer Cabin Has one bedroom with a queen, two sets of built in bunk beds (four twins) and two sleeper sofas, a kitchen and one bath $170/ night during the week $190/night on weekends based on 4 adults

Blue Spruce Log Cabin 3 Is a one room log cabin with queen bed, full size sleeper sofa, a kitchen and 1 bathroom $115/ night during the week, $125/night on weekends based on 2 adults

Please check out our website at www.lithiaresort.com for more information. Please call for additional information or to make a reservation.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
View attachment 69394 Patiently waiting for Shelbyville......
Patiently? I can't wait for vacation time!
Doing Bimini, visiting sister in law in tampa while down there, stopping at the ark in kentucky on the way back and possibly Lake Cumberland, then home for a week or so and off to Shelbyville! I essentially took July off.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My family and I will be staying at Wolf Creek Lodge. We will be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Sunday. Please update my status from ????? to the above.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Don't forget slip rentals!!!!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did so i called and left a message. Waiting for return call now.

I am shocked there is still rooms left.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My family and I will be staying at Wolf Creek Lodge. We will be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Sunday. Please update my status from ????? to the above.
Thanks. I updated the list!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep you can call now, they gave me an alternate number as well: 1-217-690-0832

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, got it done. They're planning to ask some folks to double-up in a couple houseboat slips, so if you're traveling with a buddy, let them know and they'll stick you together. She asked me, and I told her it was just us, but if we need to raft up or double-up that it was fine. She said the houseboat slips would still accommodate parking next to each other (rather than end to end) so, it shouldn't be a problem. Although, I did not verify total width of the slip. May need to make sure fenders are used between the boats.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, got it done. They're planning to ask some folks to double-up in a couple houseboat slips, so if you're traveling with a buddy, let them know and they'll stick you together. She asked me, and I told her it was just us, but if we need to raft up or double-up that it was fine. She said the houseboat slips would still accommodate parking next to each other (rather than end to end) so, it shouldn't be a problem. Although, I did not verify total width of the slip. May need to make sure fenders are used between the boats.
There are many of us that do this each year. It works with just a tiny bit of coordination on when you are headed out each day................Oh, and I guess I should call and book a slip myself. Life has been so chaotic that I forgot to book one.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would like to attend this year. Have a couple questions though.

Whats the "on water time" look like? Father lives in Charleston, IL and I would most likely be staying with him. Hoping to make a weekend out of it between him, myself, and my then 7yr old boy. Assuming we stay with him, then drive over on Saturday morning, and return to his place that evening......is that reasonable to still meet up with folks on the water? Am I missing anything from the event with that plan?

How soon do I need to decide with the above plan of action? Are there any reservations, or spaces that I need to reserve if I'm keeping the boat on a trailer, and staying offsite? I wouldn't think so, but don't want to show up the day of, and not have a spot because I didn't ask. Any thoughts?

Thanks!