• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 25 - July 29, 2018

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If there is Karaoke, there better be Tequila first. Steve
Yeah, i ain't singing. My wife used to do the karaoke. That's when i met her actually!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Arggggh! Morgan has inventory the week of Shelbyville gathering. We would only make a couple days if we attend. So... 2019 will be the next time for us.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will miss my Bobbie and Morgan had a blast with you both definitely when trying to outrun a rain storm !

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok it official, I’m going to Shelbyville 2018. Got a slip and staying in Lithia #1. Do I need to do anything else.

Staying Wed to Mon

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok it official, I’m going to Shelbyville 2018. Got a slip and staying in Lithia #1. Do I need to do anything else.

Staying Wed to Mon
Great! Nothing else to do, yet. @OperationROL will send out a registration form at some point for vessel info (needed for the raft-up permit), contact info and t-shirt details.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Scott Huse
Please let your wife know that every 'first time Shelbyville wife' has attended with reservations and some anxieties. This usually only takes a day or two to vanish as she will discover a bunch of common Midwest families that just want to get together and have fun. Our days are filled with kid friendly time on the water. Rafting up and talking with new people or out doing water sports I am sure you guys will find your place.

It has come to our attention that we veterans need to be a little more intentional about making ourselves available to the Newbies. If you are comfortable, give us a few details of your family and we will find a similar family to take you underwing. This way you be scratching your head about "where is the raftup in Cove 3?"

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Scott Huse
Please let your wife know that every 'first time Shelbyville wife' has attended with reservations and some anxieties. This usually only takes a day or two to vanish as she will discover a bunch of common Midwest families that just want to get together and have fun. Our days are filled with kid friendly time on the water. Rafting up and talking with new people or out doing water sports I am sure you guys will find your place.

It has come to our attention that we veterans need to be a little more intentional about making ourselves available to the Newbies. If you are comfortable, give us a few details of your family and we will find a similar family to take you underwing. This way you be scratching your head about "where is the raftup in Cove 3?"
Yep, I spent sometime looking for that last year.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@buckbuck Thanks that is appreciated. My wife is a little apprehensive that I planned this small vacation. She is typically not the type of person that is good with new crowds.

My family consists of me (Scott), my wife Teri, and our 10 year old daughter Caleigh. My wife and I are pretty normal except we enjoy alcohol too much at times (she has already scoped out a few wineries she wants to visit in the area if it rains one day). My daughter is shy at first but once she knows someone you can't shut her up. She is in competitive cheer and dance so that takes up most of our spare time in the fall and winter which leaves the summers open for boating. Other than that we are just enjoy spending quality time with friends and family.

If you have any particle questions feel free to ask.

Thanks again,

Scott

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think your family is going to fit right in.
(see the PM that @BigAbe75 started with us)

Walt McCree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@buckbuck Thanks that is appreciated. My wife is a little apprehensive that I planned this small vacation. She is typically not the type of person that is good with new crowds.

My family consists of me (Scott), my wife Teri, and our 10 year old daughter Caleigh. My wife and I are pretty normal except we enjoy alcohol too much at times (she has already scoped out a few wineries she wants to visit in the area if it rains one day). My daughter is shy at first but once she knows someone you can't shut her up. She is in competitive cheer and dance so that takes up most of our spare time in the fall and winter which leaves the summers open for boating. Other than that we are just enjoy spending quality time with friends and family.

If you have any particle questions feel free to ask.

Thanks again,

Scott
Hell Scott sounds like our families need to hook up down there. We will be hitting a couple wineries as well. Lol

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Walt McCree sounds good, we went to one today. Hopefully tomorrow is nice enough to get the boat out though.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yep, I spent sometime looking for that last year.
i know as soon as i hit the water i turn on my radio just for that reason.
I think it was 68 last year but hopefully we will be updated on that when closer.
I can probably have my handheld on early and late as well in the campground.
Otherwise anyone with questions the big cabin at lithiausually has knowledgeable people!
I will be at a crossroads in the campground and easily found when there as the boat parking is right next to my site as you come in.