• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 25 - July 29, 2018

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Perhaps someone with knowledge and a bunch of free time could make some sorta map of where people are?
Or maybe at least people that feel like being bugged?
It would need to cover most of shelbyville area

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Speedling That is a great idea. It could especially be useful to the new families as they could have a door to knock on to get answers or help. Can any of you guys make a map of the area?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lithia campground map, attached.

I don’t think the 1st post is current, though. That looks like last year’s data to me, so will take a little work to compile.

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Lithia campground map, attached.

I don’t think the 1st post is current, though. That looks like last year’s data to me, so will take a little work to compile.
Yes i think they moved numbers around slightly. I am at site 69 as shown there i believe.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes i think they moved numbers around slightly. I am at site 69 as shown there i believe.
Yeah, this is the most recent map that I’ve been able to find. The map I had from last year is all different. I think I read somewhere that it showed the date updated... but I don’t remember where I read that now.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
i know as soon as i hit the water i turn on my radio just for that reason.
I think it was 68 last year but hopefully we will be updated on that when closer.
I can probably have my handheld on early and late as well in the campground.
Otherwise anyone with questions the big cabin at lithiausually has knowledgeable people!
I will be at a crossroads in the campground and easily found when there as the boat parking is right next to my site as you come in.
@Speedling What radio do you carry with, I wasn't planning on carrying a radio in the boat but it might not be a bad idea?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling What radio do you carry with, I wasn't planning on carrying a radio in the boat but it might not be a bad idea?
I have a cobra 25watt built in on the boat
And i bought a handheld floating waterproof one as well. Part of my bimini prep as phones don't work so well there i guess

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think @OperationROL sometimes calls us up on the water if any kinda contest or giveaway happens as well.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Arggggh! Morgan has inventory the week of Shelbyville gathering. We would only make a couple days if we attend. So... 2019 will be the next time for us.
I just saw this post.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, I'm jumping up and down and shouting NO!!! How am I supposed to surf all the time without my WEST COAST SURF CREW on call??

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Lithia2018.jpg
Here's a quick map I made. I don't know that I'm a Shelbyville Veteran yet, but this will be my fourth, and I would be more than happy for any new boaters to stop by my cabin, or find me at the ramp, or on the water, or at the West Main Party House and let me help them fit right in. (it's certainly not very hard to fit in with this group!:winkingthumbsup")

I'll work on a broader map of the greater Lithia Springs access area...

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 73433
Here's a quick map I made. I don't know that I'm a Shelbyville Veteran yet, but this will be my fourth, and I would be more than happy for any new boaters to stop by my cabin, or find me at the ramp, or on the water, or at the West Main Party House and let me help them fit right in. (it's certainly not very hard to fit in with this group!:winkingthumbsup")

I'll work on a broader map of the greater Lithia Springs access area...
LOL..... I'm staying away from vodka this year! I'm going to be good I promise

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have video of that night with Matt drinking vodka and might I say it was pretty entertaining ! I might have to sneak a small clip in for all to enjoy !

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Absolutely not....... no small clips of that video or any other videos that you have need to be shown
Such a vehement denial just makes others curious! Lol I’ll have to pay better attention this year. :)

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Matt, you were so, so entertaining! And don't worry, I can't recall you doing anything you should be embarrassed about!