• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 25 - July 29, 2018

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@2kwik4u the bulk of the group will be on the water from 10 am til 5pm or so. Many get on the water earlier and/or stay out later. Plenty of parking at the launches so just the $5 there and you're good to go. As far as being able to raft up with everyone, just make sure @OperationROL gets you in on the raft up permit.

Plan on joining us for the big dinner on Friday night. Lots of fun and food!

Last edited:

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Also, I hope you can make it @2kwik4u , it's a ton of fun, your son will have a blast. And we need to keep growing the 19' contingency!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@2kwik4u I second what @RiverRat said. Let us know when you think you will be there and we will pair you up with a "Shelbyville veteran" to make things easier for you.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Would like to attend this year. Have a couple questions though.

Whats the "on water time" look like? Father lives in Charleston, IL and I would most likely be staying with him. Hoping to make a weekend out of it between him, myself, and my then 7yr old boy. Assuming we stay with him, then drive over on Saturday morning, and return to his place that evening......is that reasonable to still meet up with folks on the water? Am I missing anything from the event with that plan?

How soon do I need to decide with the above plan of action? Are there any reservations, or spaces that I need to reserve if I'm keeping the boat on a trailer, and staying offsite? I wouldn't think so, but don't want to show up the day of, and not have a spot because I didn't ask. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Just get there as much as u can! Next year you will want to be there longer! And don't miss the party, like really don't miss it!
7 year old?
Probably go well with my 4, 6, and 8 year old crew! Pm me anytime and we will coordinate!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How soon do I need to decide with the above plan of action? Are there any reservations, or spaces that I need to reserve if I'm keeping the boat on a trailer, and staying offsite?
Make sure you register for the event, once it’s made available. That’ll get your name (and boat info) included for the raft permit, reserve your seats at the big dinner, and get you info on shirts for the crew. Other than that, only reservation would be lodging, which you have covered and boat slip if you want. Launch has a $5 per launch fee (rather than per day) Unattended, just fill out the form and drop the money in the box.

Pretty sure Charleston is only about 20 minutes away, isn’t it? There’s a group dinner at the Mexican restaurant (pay your own). And, the big sponsored dinner. So, 2 dinners with the group. And, 1 group breakfast. Other meals are on your own, either on the boat or there’s a subway at the Lithia marina or a sports bar at the other end of the lake. Both on the water with dock space.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Would like to attend this year. Have a couple questions though.

Whats the "on water time" look like? Father lives in Charleston, IL and I would most likely be staying with him. Hoping to make a weekend out of it between him, myself, and my then 7yr old boy. Assuming we stay with him, then drive over on Saturday morning, and return to his place that evening......is that reasonable to still meet up with folks on the water? Am I missing anything from the event with that plan?

How soon do I need to decide with the above plan of action? Are there any reservations, or spaces that I need to reserve if I'm keeping the boat on a trailer, and staying offsite? I wouldn't think so, but don't want to show up the day of, and not have a spot because I didn't ask. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Yeah last year I wanted to go but was hesitant to bring the family with so I ended up talking one of my buddies into coming with. This year the family is coming!

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah last year I wanted to go but was hesitant to bring the family with so I ended up talking one of my buddies into coming with. This year the family is coming!
A lot of us did the recon first year.....then kids and grand kids follow the years later-lol

This is a family group of people amd kids have a blast. Memories are made on the water!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the kind words guys, sounds like a great time is had by all. Running into a few roadblocks along the way that I'll try to work out this week.

School starts on the 26th for my 7yr old. So to take them him out of school on day 2 for a boat trip might not fly with the wife. Second is the involvement of Dad. Not sure if he really wants to be on the water, and I don't want to be that close and not visit. I'll iron through these this week, and figure out if I can make it.

I've made tons of trips for meetups like this with car groups (Syclone/Typhoon Nationals for 6-7yrs or so, S-Series Nationals, some RX8 meets, etc). This will be the first water meet, but if my experience holds true there will be a ton of cool people, neat boats, and fun times to be had. Some of my best friends are were made from those events, maybe I'll find a few more!

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just marked the calendar. I think this time I'll slip the boat and stay at Lithia rather than camp.
Bad news, we won't be able to make it. I just found out I'll be out of town that week for work.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A few changes for our crew due to work constraints. We have log cabin 7 reserved for Wed-Sun. Bill W and his crew will be arriving on Wednesday and Sheboat and her crew will be arriving on Friday. Can’t wait to see you all

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am ready for this event and just boating in general!!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Enjoy this year and Someone set 2019 dates, this year is filled already and can't make it

I wanna make this with my wife and kids (5,4,2 then) in 2019.

Also need someone to go ahead and set bimini up for next year the week after fathers day (June 17-21) We are ditching kid with in laws and making bimini trip our 10 year anniversary.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Wisefam22 you can pretty much put the last weekend in July in ink on your calendar for Shelbyville every year.

That being said I hope your family can make it next year. It's definitely the most fun a family can have on an inland body of water for sure!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider i feel the urge to buzz down by you guys in the near future just to catch a ride on the water. We're still a good month or two before we get out around here, lakes still pretty iced up, rivers are pretty open though.
We will take a river rat anytime !

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider i feel the urge to buzz down by you guys in the near future just to catch a ride on the water. We're still a good month or two before we get out around here, lakes still pretty iced up, rivers are pretty open though.
Heck Yeah!!

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just get there as much as u can! Next year you will want to be there longer! And don't miss the party, like really don't miss it!
7 year old?
Probably go well with my 4, 6, and 8 year old crew! Pm me anytime and we will coordinate!
Yup my 5 and 10 year old will be there too