• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any Raleigh-Durham boaters on here?

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm way late to this forum, but saw this post and wanted to respond. I am in Clayton. I just got my first boat 2 weeks ago. I boat Buckhorn Reservoir in Wilson and have been to Jordan once. We also love Gaston.

Are there any get together in our area?
Welcome! We've been to Jordan and Falls a lot, just recently started going to Kerr and love it! How's Gaston, we haven't made it up that way yet but have been itching to check it out.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome! We've been to Jordan and Falls a lot, just recently started going to Kerr and love it! How's Gaston, we haven't made it up that way yet but have been itching to check it out.
Gaston is wonderful. 35 miles long. I like to put in at Morningstar Marinas, Eaton Ferry Road, Littleton, NC. Good marina there with ice cream, food and drinks for all ages.

The picture is from July 4th weekend this year.

Attachments

Monterro

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 Any good spots you can recommend for Kerr. Will be going there this weekend. Maybe my one an only time going there before I move.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 Any good spots you can recommend for Kerr. Will be going there this weekend. Maybe my one an only time going there before I move.
Kerr lake is big .. just before u reach the dn the is an island where everyone goes to party... we have kids so we don't stop there.... lol. Kerr is so big u can just pull over to one side and hang out...

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just joined. Thanks @bronze_10 for referring us here... Good seeing you at Falls Lake tonight.

We are new owners of a 2016 Red 242 Limited S E-Series. Bought at Chatlee Fathers Day weekend.

Previously a Ranger owner and avid bass fisherman who spent years fishing east coast. Looking forward to cruising all the old spots in the new Yamaha. Next stop... Kerr Lake.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just joined. Thanks @bronze_10 for referring us here... Good seeing you at Falls Lake tonight.

We are new owners of a 2016 Red 242 Limited S E-Series. Bought at Chatlee Fathers Day weekend.

Previously a Ranger owner and avid bass fisherman who spent years fishing east coast. Looking forward to cruising all the old spots in the new Yamaha. Next stop... Kerr Lake.
Welcome to the forum! If you like Falls, you'll LOVE Kerr. It's a bit of a drive but well worth it. We just got a 2016 Limited S E-series as well and tomorrow will be our first day out on the lake with it.

One question since you've had yours for a few months, do you trailer with the Bimini on or do you take it off? I've been reading that you can trailer short distances but not sure about the hour haul to Kerr. It's tricky to take off and put on. I'm sure it gets easier with time and practice.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Welcome to the best boating site on the net... it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Your have a sweet boat. Any questions you have can be answered here. Normally within a few short minets. We look forward to meeting u guys on the water again.... maybe we can get the kids together and let them play... my kids love little kids...

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian ... i think it may be time to have a falls lake gathering in the fall... we could rent one of the shelters at sandling beach... (we have rented one for two weekend in a row for events) they are not expensive and we could have a cook out and boating fun.... who would be interested?

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum! If you like Falls, you'll LOVE Kerr. It's a bit of a drive but well worth it. We just got a 2016 Limited S E-series as well and tomorrow will be our first day out on the lake with it.

One question since you've had yours for a few months, do you trailer with the Bimini on or do you take it off? I've been reading that you can trailer short distances but not sure about the hour haul to Kerr. It's tricky to take off and put on. I'm sure it gets easier with time and practice.
Nice. We just got ours back from first service. We put 25 hours on it since June, including a week trip to Myrtle Beach for the 4th. Bird Island was awesome. Falls is home base (Hwy 50), but I've spent a lot of time at Kerr fishing. Can't wait.

I have trailered with top up to 65Mph. We store it outside with Yamaha trailering cover (nice) and remove top when we store it to prevent fade, but trailer with top up on weekends. I will take it down for any highway travel, but maybe just because it's new. I think up to 65 it's fine (same with cover).

Van

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the best boating site on the net... it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Your have a sweet boat. Any questions you have can be answered here. Normally within a few short minets. We look forward to meeting u guys on the water again.... maybe we can get the kids together and let them play... my kids love little kids...
You too! Thanks. Hope to see you again soon.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian ... i think it may be time to have a falls lake gathering in the fall... we could rent one of the shelters at sandling beach... (we have rented one for two weekend in a row for events) they are not expensive and we could have a cook out and boating fun.... who would be interested?
I would come up and check out Kerr if you guys get something together.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would definitely be in for that!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would come up and check out Kerr if you guys get something together.
We prefer kerr... I'm down for Kerr as well... the ramp at nutbush (insert joke here) is nice with bran new bathrooms and it's easy to get to. We are down for whatever but it will need to be after labor day weekend.. we are stretched pretty thin until then..

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in....but as you said....after labor day.....I'm actually in Vegas this week, then Chicago, then perhaps Dallas...then Nashville....busy year!

Falls would be easiest for me since my boat is in a slip there....we are going down to the intercoastal for labor day weekend (have booked at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington). @redthumper9 is down that way....

And I forgot...I'll be in India for the end of Sept and have a wedding on the 17th...so the weekend of the 10th is all I have before Oct!!!! Yikes!!!

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When and where could have me interested as well. Lots of family and friends coming in town for me over the next few months. I am slipped at Falls as well, but any decision of a meet-up should be made without me in mind then I will just try to attend based on schedule.

Jetsetterar210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last summer we traded in our SeaDoo skis for a 2015 SX192. The skis were fun but weren't practical for what we like to do which is drop anchor or beach the boat and relax with some cold ones. Just curious to what lake you all frequent most; Falls Lake or Jordan Lake? And why? We live closest to Falls and the short trip is ideal for a quick day out but I prefer Jordan personally. Falls doesn't have any good beaching spots except for the public swim beaches and I doubt they would appreciate us anchoring down where the swimmers are. Jordan has a lot better shoreline it seems.

Any good spots you prefer at either one?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One word.... KERR! Go to Kerr lake.. we still do falls but man kerr is sooo much nicer and LARGE. We regularly will put in at henderson and ride all the way to Clarksville and eat lunch at the mc d. There and public docks there. We also stop and some of the islands near the damn am let the kids run around and explore... I can get to the ramp at falls from Western wake county in about 35 to 40 min... it takes me about 50 min to get to kerr.. we normally take the ride to kerr!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm Clayton NC. Last summer was our first boating season. We didnt make it to Kerr, but its on the list when the som comes out again....