• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh/Durham - Falls Lake Gathering (July 22nd 2017) Aug 25 2018

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What time @Julian ? I'm staying in Holly Springs tomorrow evening, and saturday night for that matter. I should be able to accomodate most anytime.

and @waterboy and @justason should join me at the bar saturday night too.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We're definitely bringing the skis, just finished loading them up actually. Looks like you're 45 minutes from where I'm staying, so I'm sure that'll be perfectly fine. I'll shoot you a text when we're ready to roll out Saturday morning.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright so, plans have changed... I’d really like to come down but the wife doesn’t, we have company coming next weekend and she wants to get the house ready this weekend. Does anyone feel like “hosting” me on their boat? I can bring mine but don’t really see the point in being on a 24’ boat by myself... or if there’s anyone in a similar situation I’ll bring mine and host you. I’d really like to make it down to meet some of you other addicts and try out some surfing or wake skating hopefully on @Julian boat (if I can either bribe or beer him into it lol) and don’t want to miss the opportunity.
@JeffVans I am flying solo unless i can get a buddy to join me. Family will be out doing their thing. You are welcome to join me. We do some surfing but we have no bags so cant go ropeless. Not sure how many other boats are going to surf. Other than Julian.

I was debating on whether i should bring any of my gear.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok sounds good. I’m going to figure out today if I’m working this weekend or not for sure and let you guys know.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Alright so, plans have changed... I’d really like to come down but the wife doesn’t, we have company coming next weekend and she wants to get the house ready this weekend. Does anyone feel like “hosting” me on their boat? I can bring mine but don’t really see the point in being on a 24’ boat by myself... or if there’s anyone in a similar situation I’ll bring mine and host you. I’d really like to make it down to meet some of you other addicts and try out some surfing or wake skating hopefully on @Julian boat (if I can either bribe or beer him into it lol) and don’t want to miss the opportunity.
I might be able to host you on my boat....as I will likely be on my own as well unless the 13 year old all of a sudden feels like surfing! If she does...then things get teenagerish (if you know what I mean)!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did it! I managed to get out of going to that wedding after all, I will see you guys tomorrow. I should be there by 11.
I think I am going to put the boat in at the Rolling View ramp as it was stated it was a less crowded ramp. At least much more quiet than the ramp on 50, which is what I used before.

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did it! I managed to get out of going to that wedding after all, I will see you guys tomorrow. I should be there by 11.
I think I am going to put the boat in at the Rolling View ramp as it was stated it was a less crowded ramp. At least much more quiet than the ramp on 50, which is what I used before.
U call in sick? Lol

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
11AC41D7-49D1-4C1D-B05F-76A3E06A4854.jpeg Ok guys I need a solid favor—- lost my trailer jack handle somewhere between home and here. Can’t get the trailer uncoupled from the truck and now I have to leave my truck at the ramp and hike back to the campsite. Anybody have a spare jack they can loan me tomorrow? I’ll also need the wrench to remove the bolt. Looks to be maybe a 5/8”

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t have a spare trailer jack, but I can definitely bring some tools if they will help. Which ramp are you at? I will be at rolling view tomorrow morning. No way to crank it with pliers or vise grips or anything?

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I don’t have a spare trailer jack, but I can definitely bring some tools if they will help. Which ramp are you at? I will be at rolling view tomorrow morning. No way to crank it with pliers or vise grips or anything?
I’m at Holly Point. Haven’t really tried to rig it. Got a family to get down for the night so I’ll take a closer look in the morning.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m at Holly Point. Haven’t really tried to rig it. Got a family to get down for the night so I’ll take a closer look in the morning.
Ok, I’ll check this in the morning.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ill have kids 11,13,15 and 18

looking forward to tomorrow!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got a surprise from JBP today.... ordered some extra SeaDek on Monday and it was delivered today. Had boat home already prepping for tomorrow so put it on. Have to say, it matches what already on the boat. I was a little nervous about it, but all good!

I am going to try and leave my place around 9-9:15 and should be there by 10. Will use the Rolling View ramp. I'll have my 2 boys (12 and 7) and 2 other boys (both 12), some adults and a 2yr old too. Not sure how much floating and talking I'll get to do..... i see lots of pulling tubes around the lake.

IMG_9987.jpg IMG_9989.jpg IMG_9990.jpg IMG_9991.jpg

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan on being at the Hwy 50 boat ramp at about 10